Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

e-bay question, neg feedback from seller?

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2011, 11:02 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default e-bay question, neg feedback from seller?

OK, here's the story. Bought a chop saw and stand from a seller and picked it up near Stansted on my way home from Dover. No-one there, it had been left in the front garden, with a note asking me to post money through letterbox. Seller had already warned me of this in a text on my return to the UK, and since it wasn't raining, no real probs.....except getting it all in the rear of the Scoob on top of the rest of the stuff

Anyway, get it home, go to change the blade, it's so tight changing it knackers the bolt. Now the seller DID say the blade was knackered, and the price reflected this. She DIDN'T say, however, which she does now, that they had NEVER changed the blade.......the saw is at least 6 years old, they haven't been made in that time. Much p*ssing about has managed to find me a nut, at £3.60, so not too dear, but it needs slight modification.

Anyway, changing the blade showed a missing screw and one loose in the gearbox and that had allowed the gearbox to wander and done some wear to the bearings. Plus the laser doesn't work.

I have informed the seller, who simply states that she has asked her husband and they didn't know any of the above, he was using it the day before it sold. He had apparently "forgotten" the laser..........?

Had I known the condition it was in, I'd not have bought it. I HAD the chance to have a good look when I picked it up, but it was getting dark, I was mithered, and I didn't knowm what I was looking for......the blade problem I couldn't have seen anyway, nor could I plug it in to see if it went, or the laser worked.

Anyway, what do I do? Leave no feedback at all?
Leave neutral feedback.
Leave negative feedback?

If I do the above, will I get negative feedback in return? If so, not worth it, I have 100% so far.

Advice please?
Old 10 September 2011, 11:13 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a buyer you can not receive negative feedback, so you can be as honest as you like.
Old 10 September 2011, 11:24 AM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Try and resolve it with the seller, maybe ask for some money back? Its one of those things, you cant receive negative but I never like leaving negative to b honest unless they dont post something at all etc.
Old 10 September 2011, 11:32 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

No response to my last e-mail They have two days.
Old 10 September 2011, 11:45 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Firstly getting it in the scoob would have been the same problem if the thing had been ok or not as you arranged to pick it up on your way back form dover.

i would try once more to contact the seller and then do a thing through the resolution centre to get your money back?
Old 10 September 2011, 02:11 PM
Mollymoo666
Scooby Regular

You couldnt see any of these issues until you took it apart so how do you expect the seller to be able to see them? If they have never replaced the blade and arent technically competent that would inidcate that they haven't been dishonest, they are just ignorant to the problem, not something for which they can be blamed.

An item is only incorrectly described if the omissions or faults are clear to the person describing it.

At worst leave a neutral but based on the info above do not apportion any blame to the seller
Old 10 September 2011, 03:12 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mollymoo666
You couldnt see any of these issues until you took it apart so how do you expect the seller to be able to see them? If they have never replaced the blade and arent technically competent that would inidcate that they haven't been dishonest, they are just ignorant to the problem, not something for which they can be blamed.

An item is only incorrectly described if the omissions or faults are clear to the person describing it.

At worst leave a neutral but based on the info above do not apportion any blame to the seller
Well yes, for the bearing damage, but the blade was NOTICEABLY loose, via the gearbox missing/loose screws, and THAT we could see before we took it apart.
Plus the laser didn't work, and you could see THAT as soon as you switched it on. IF, as they say they were, they were using it just before it was sold, then they would have known that.

"We forgot it had one" doesn't cut any ice, sorry.
Old 10 September 2011, 11:07 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boro
As a buyer you can not receive negative feedback, so you can be as honest as you like.
If that is true, then they have change their rules. I had a problem with an item that I bought from Ebay and they sent me the wrong bit. I called them and emailed them and they said they would send me the part.

I never received it

So I left them negative feedback to which I got one back saying I was a trouble maker and for others to be aware!

So be sure before you leave negative feedback.

I personally wouldn't leave feedback for the item