Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Long Shot-Anyone stayed at The Bellagio in Las Vegas - room advice pls

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2011, 10:09 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Long Shot-Anyone stayed at The Bellagio in Las Vegas - room advice pls

Going to Vegas for 5 nights in October for missus 40th Birthday.
She has always wanted to stay at The Bellagio, no if's or buts.....

She has been looking forwards to this for *years* - so want it to be special.

Having a dilemma over what room type to have...

Deluxe Room
Tower Deluxe
Deluxe Room - Partial Lake View
Deluxe Room - Lake View
Salone Suite
Bellagio Suite
Penthouse Suite
Bellagio Suite - Lake View

With prices rising accordingly, top to bottom difference is £700 per person (over the 5 nights)

Now I know I deffo want a lake view - lets face it its THE only reason to stay at The Bellagio.

I'm tempted by a Salone Suite, but having a read a bit of comments some people don't reckon they are worth it, and to stick with the Deluxe Room - Lake View.

However, yes - nice, but not sure its special enough.... looks just like a normal swish hotel room.

Anybody got any 'real-world' views on the rooms here - I'll pay whatever if its really worth it.

As far as I can ascertain there are 'old' bits and 'new' bits - eg Original hotel (tower), and a big new extension at the back (spa tower?).
Old 08 August 2011, 10:20 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trip advisior will have lots of reviews..
Old 08 August 2011, 10:20 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...as_Nevada.html
Old 08 August 2011, 10:56 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having been in The Venetian, where there are no rooms, only suites, I can say that even the minimum room will be epic.
Old 08 August 2011, 12:17 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

I don't think you can choose a bad room at the bellagio... I went last year and got a really good deal through ebookers so not sure what room we got but it was probably the cheapest.
You will always pay more to see the fountains and you will always pay more if you stay on a friday,sat or sun.
We were told it was a mountain view room overlooking the pool.. Great views of the mountains and the pool..There was a freeway aswell but that was not really a problem as you cannot hear it. Room was huge so was the bathroom.
I cannot add pics on here but I can send you some if the room and view if you like..
Old 08 August 2011, 12:54 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Having been in The Venetian, where there are no rooms, only suites, I can say that even the minimum room will be epic.
Agreed, going back to the Venetian early September, even entry level rooms are amazing.
Old 08 August 2011, 01:12 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allan
Agreed, going back to the Venetian early September, even entry level rooms are amazing.
Well Jel
Old 08 August 2011, 07:27 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

The Bellagio is a nice hotel as I used to have a few drinks in the bar there, I would however persuade your missus to stay at Ceasars Palace as its right next to the Bellagio and the room rates are half the price and your basic rooms won't be any better. Its the hotel I will pick next time I go to vegas.
Old 08 August 2011, 08:09 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

We stayed in a Salone Suite - the bedroom overlooked the fountains and the bathroom overlooked Caesar's Palace and the Venetian. I don't think you would be disappointed, the room was huge and as luxurious as you would expect. I prefer this type of room to traditional suites, where you have two separate rooms, because it feels more intimate when there's only two of you.

I do agree with stevebt though, I would stay at Caesar's Palace if I went again, I thought it was more 'Vegas', if you get my drift.

The Bellagio is top quality though, the restaurants and bars are all fantastic!
Old 08 August 2011, 08:10 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

My wife and I got married in Vegas in March (Venetian). But we stayed in a hotel called the VDARA. Its practically attached to the Bellagio. A plus for us was it was a non-smoking non gaming hotel, so you could retire away from the hustle and bustle when you felt like it. It is situated in the new "city" area, next to the Aria and the Cosmopolitan. We went to see "O" at the Bellagio, it was stunning would recomend that to anyone.

Dougie
Old 08 August 2011, 08:48 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Ali and I stayed at the Bellagio a couple of years ago. We had a room towards the top at the front so had a great view of the fountains to the front - Caesars Palace to the left. The room was great. Electronically controlled curtains etc.

I can recommend eating at Michael Minas restaurant in the hotel - It was fantastic. We did the flight to the Grand Canyon and helicopter flight to the Colorado / boat trip etc - It all adds up but what's the point going all that way to slum it in a dive and eat at Maccy D's???

I'll see if I can dig out some photos.

Mark

Ali just said we had a deluxe room - It was perfectly acceptable to me and plenty plush enough!

Last edited by jods; 08 August 2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09 August 2011, 09:18 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

My brother stays at either the Bellagio or the Venetian (sometimes rents a villa) and has not had a bad room yet.

Just think of how much time you will spend indoors. It seems pointless having an expensive suite if you are basically JUST sleeping there. As there is so much to do/see in Vegas, I'm sure your time spent I side your room/suite will be limited.

If you can find 'the camels' (like the Kentucky derby game) at cesars palace, there were some HOT waitresses working there in Feb. Not that your Mrs will like that maybe, but the drinks are free if you get there and play during happy hour.
Old 09 August 2011, 09:28 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for all the input!

Hmmm - I'm still tempted by a Salone Suite, esp as Daryl has actually stayed in one....

Its not that much more really than a std room, and I think the upgrade will make it more spesh

Any tips on what to do now? What exactly is 'The O' at the Bellagio...
I fancied Cirque Soleil.... I like a good circus!
Old 09 August 2011, 09:45 AM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Dr,

"O" is the resident Cirque du Soleil at the Bellagio, its a water based show, dont want to give too much away but the stage is truly stunning and the stunts the acrobats perform are pretty mindblowing.
If you are looking for a special venue for a meal too we ate at the "Mixx" restaurant which is on top of the Mandalay Bay Hotel. Michelin star and the outside lift from the 64th floor just provides one of the most amazing man made views I have ever seen.

Dougie
Old 09 August 2011, 01:03 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Stayed at the Bellagio shortly after it opened in 1999 on honeymoon room on the front facing the lake, it was superb. Water fountains above the window on the 20th floor and a view that took in the pyramids, Eiffel tower and Venice!
(You must go to the Bellagio art gallery, c30 paintings all within touching distance and everyone of them you'd recognise....worth $millions if not billions !)

D