Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Peter Kay - The tour that doesnt tour, tour!

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2011, 02:17 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peter Kay - The tour that doesnt tour, tour!

Has anyone else been to see this recently?

I went last night, and the actual show itself was great! however, the running time was only an hour

Doors opened at 6.00, and the show was supposed to start at 7.30, yet at it was 8.15 before he actually appeared on stage.
Thanfully the show was amazing, and we had great seats, but i still felt a little let down at just an hour of him on stage.

Was there supposed to be some sort of warm up act? as I thought that the 45 minutes we sat there watching adverts should have been filled with something else.
Old 17 June 2011, 03:04 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

was he backstage eating garlic bread ?
Old 17 June 2011, 03:13 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by windyboy
was he backstage eating garlic bread ?
Lol!

Must have been a huge one for it to take 45 minutes!
Old 17 June 2011, 03:16 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Nope. I saw Jim Davidson last year. He was so bleddy harsh on ethnics, senior citizens and the disabled that we were doubling ourselves with laughter all the way through!

Anyway, what I can realistically think right now is nothing but TAKE THAT that I saw in 15th night. What a fantastic concert it was! Nothing comes anywhere near it.

Sorry, no hijacking of this thread intended. I'm sure Peter Kay was brilliant.
Old 17 June 2011, 03:22 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I saw Peter Kay at Birmingham's NEC a couple of months back, it was ace, I don't remember exactly how long it was but I'm sure it was longer than an hour.
Old 17 June 2011, 03:24 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot

Anyway, what I can realistically think right now is nothing but TAKE THAT that I saw in 15th night. What a fantastic concert it was! Nothing comes anywhere near it.

You enjoyed it then

We were held up by a cop on a bike to let them through the traffic lights down the bay, they then went into the St Davids hotel.

Chip
Old 17 June 2011, 04:02 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Bought tickets early on when it wasn't supposed to tour for the MEN Arena in Manchester. The missus likes him, whilst I find him funny he does seem to be out to cash in as much as possible on his success.

Anyway certainly enjoyed it and wasn't really aware of the running time. Surprised you didn't have a warm up act, we had Rick Astley
Old 17 June 2011, 08:08 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Bought tickets early on when it wasn't supposed to tour for the MEN Arena in Manchester. The missus likes him, whilst I find him funny he does seem to be out to cash in as much as possible on his success.

Anyway certainly enjoyed it and wasn't really aware of the running time. Surprised you didn't have a warm up act, we had Rick Astley
I have heard a few people say that last years tour all had a warm up act, as have this years. We just got 45 minutes of "Sam's Chicken" (feed a family of four for just £6.99!)
Old 17 June 2011, 08:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Overrated unoriginal one gag-pony comedian just like your other **** that was a judge on Britians Got A ****load Of Spakkers. Wouldn't waste my money.
Old 17 June 2011, 11:58 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
You enjoyed it then

We were held up by a cop on a bike to let them through the traffic lights down the bay, they then went into the St Davids hotel.

Chip

Chip, I can't thank you enough for making those tickets available for us, mate. We were standing so damn close to them that I could see every wrinkle on Robbie's face. I was amazed to see so closely how lean and stunning these Take That lads are in real life, even at their older age. Robbie is mad as a box of frogs as ever, complete nuts ! Among all that spidermenics and waterfalls, Robbie's bungee jump was fantastically timed. We came out with huge smiles on our faces. Cardiff was overwhelmed with the floods of people from down South and everywhere. Coming out of the show at the end with 65,000 people was manic! Everyone was talking about just one thing that day in Cardiff. Obviously, it was Take That.

Again, sorry. I don't intend to hijack the thread. Just answering Chip, that's all. Chip, you are a top man for getting the tickets to us.
Old 18 June 2011, 12:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Peter Kay was very funny when he first appeared but I thought he went off a bit when he ran out of new material.

Les
Old 18 June 2011, 02:09 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Go see Jimmy Carr.... He gives you about 2.5 hours of pure comedy. We couldn't believe how long he was on. Proper value for money, works out about 2p a joke.
Old 18 June 2011, 02:51 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Peter Kay was very funny when he first appeared but I thought he went off a bit when he ran out of new material.

Les
Peter Kay was very funny when he first appeared, but went off a lot when the people who wrote his material fell out with him.

What has he got now? Dresses up as a lady and when short of a laugh, shouts "Garlic bread".
Old 18 June 2011, 02:53 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mamoon2
Go see Jimmy Carr.... He gives you about 2.5 hours of pure comedy. We couldn't believe how long he was on. Proper value for money, works out about 2p a joke.
Agree. Watched his stand up a few years ago on TV. Thought it was ****. But last year a few of us went to see him live. Never stopped laughing
Old 18 June 2011, 04:17 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Go see ked Dodd you will be lucky to get out at all lol...

As for Peter Kay sometimes I find him funny others I don't
Old 18 June 2011, 04:48 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mamoon2
Originally Posted by stilover
Agree. Watched his stand up a few years ago on TV. Thought it was ****. But last year a few of us went to see him live. Never stopped laughing
I have seen him, and he is great! But I fancied a change as I have been going to see Jimmy Carr for a few years on the trot, and it was getting a bit 'samey'.