Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2011, 12:10 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ratko Mladic:Arrest reported in Serbia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13561407

about time this scum was caught and faced justice

Last edited by The Zohan; 26 May 2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 26 May 2011, 12:12 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

it is about time, look forward to seeing his execution
Old 26 May 2011, 12:33 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Now he is caught (as if they did not know where he was) i imagine Serbia will now be allowed to join the EU!
Old 26 May 2011, 04:33 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

That is exactly what it is about.

What is the Serbian President saying please? I can see his face on CNN but this bar I am in has the volume turned down.

Asif
Old 26 May 2011, 05:10 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

reminds me of the kosovan, (or was it serbian?) prostitue- slobberdown menobyabitch
Old 26 May 2011, 05:51 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver
reminds me of the kosovan, (or was it serbian?) prostitue- slobberdown menobyabitch
ROFL!
Old 26 May 2011, 06:12 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Good news.
Old 26 May 2011, 06:16 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
That is exactly what it is about.

What is the Serbian President saying please? I can see his face on CNN but this bar I am in has the volume turned down.

Asif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13562091
Old 26 May 2011, 06:28 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Thanks. What did you make of his demeanour? Not seen him speak before, so nothing to compare with.

I was trying to decide whether he should be more upbeat? Did they know all along where he was? And so on.

Asif
Old 26 May 2011, 08:51 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
Thanks. What did you make of his demeanour? Not seen him speak before, so nothing to compare with.

I was trying to decide whether he should be more upbeat? Did they know all along where he was? And so on.

Asif
It's difficult to know, isn't it? Watching it on C4 news, now. What a fûcking savage Mladic was! So calm and collected as he directed those men to their deaths: "we won't harm you".......makes me feel physically sick. I feel a little bit ashamed, too. A French general, Philippe Morillon had promised the refugees that they would be safe and a Dutch commander was to honour and make good on that promise. The UN and EU 'peacekeepers' assured the Bosnia-Herzegovinans that we were stronger than Milosevic's regime and those that trusted that pledge were put to death. On video. In plain sight. We failed them. Still, The Yanks took the lead, closed it off in the end.

It's interesting to ask why Saddam Hussein denounced the American bombing of the Muslim-killing Milosevic? Why did Qaddafi do the same?

Last edited by JTaylor; 27 May 2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 27 May 2011, 09:28 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Seeing the TV coverage served to remind me, and others I expect, of just how utterly evil this man is. 8,000 in a few days. There are no words for this.

I heard that a poll found that50% of Serbians didn't want him to be sent for trial at the Hague. Do we want to welcome such a huge number of people who hold this view into the EC?

Whilst I can accept - just - that he should get a just hearing I do not understand why the Hague process takes so damn long. There is something wrong with a system that takes years to conclude that a man like this is guilty.

dl
Old 27 May 2011, 09:52 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

we will off course get the posters with ethnic serb origins posting that we "don't understand the situation and <insert usual arguments for defending brutality here>"

I have posted on here before that the sebrenica massacre was shocking shocking crime, made all the more so because it was conducted in full view of the media
Old 27 May 2011, 12:00 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamo
it is about time, look forward to seeing his execution
Will it be on Pay per view?......
It's time for the evil filth to meet his maker......
Old 27 May 2011, 12:16 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
It's difficult to know, isn't it? Watching it on C4 news, now. What a fûcking savage Mladic was! So calm and collected as he directed those men to their deaths: "we won't harm you".......makes me feel physically sick. I feel a little bit ashamed, too. A French general, Philippe Morillon had promised the refugees that they would be safe and a Dutch commander was to honour and make good on that promise. The UN and EU 'peacekeepers' assured the Bosnia-Herzegovinans that we were stronger than Milosevic's regime and those that trusted that pledge were put to death. On video. In plain sight. We failed them. Still, The Yanks took the lead, closed it off in the end.

It's interesting to ask why Saddam Hussein denounced the American bombing of the Muslim-killing Milosevic? Why did Qaddafi do the same?
It's totally insane and bestial what happened, but he saw himself as a warrior for his people and he had his supporters.
Old 27 May 2011, 12:19 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
It's totally insane and bestial what happened, but he saw himself as a warrior for his people and he had his supporters.
F*ck me ,you'll be simpathising Hitler next.......
Old 27 May 2011, 12:22 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
I'm not sympathising with him at all.
Old 27 May 2011, 12:41 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Seeing the TV coverage served to remind me, and others I expect, of just how utterly evil this man is. 8,000 in a few days. There are no words for this.

I heard that a poll found that50% of Serbians didn't want him to be sent for trial at the Hague. Do we want to welcome such a huge number of people who hold this view into the EC?

Whilst I can accept - just - that he should get a just hearing I do not understand why the Hague process takes so damn long. There is something wrong with a system that takes years to conclude that a man like this is guilty.

dl
Yes. A question worth pondering.
Old 27 May 2011, 12:41 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

There is no excuse or defence for killing unarmed men women and children. He knew it was wrong yet he did what he did. If he wanted to get rid then he could have evicted the Muslims, not murdered them en-masse. What he did was genocide!

He is a sadistic, evil man who used religion, hate and fear to kill people in the name of nationalism or whatever he decided to call it or hide behind!

Last edited by The Zohan; 27 May 2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 27 May 2011, 12:45 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
He's not sympathising with him.
Old 27 May 2011, 12:48 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
There is no excuse or defence for killing unarmed men women and children. He knew it was wrong yet he did what he did. If he wanted to get rid then he could have evicted the Muslims, not murdered them en-masse. What he did was genocide!

He is a sadistic, evil man who used religion, hate and fear to kill people in the name of nationalism or whatever he decided to call it or hide behind!
I didn't read Tony's post as providing an excuse - just a reason, no matter how perverse.
Old 27 May 2011, 12:53 PM
TylerDurden
Scooby Regular

The whole thing happened because of the arms embargo insisted upon by the then UK government, whats the point of parading him around now??

If there was no arms embargo maybe those unfortunate people would have been able to defend themselves.

The only reason america got involved was becuase clinton got caught putting a cigar up Monica Lewinsky's pu**y, and he decided to divert attention.

People have got such short memories, and believe everthing they see on tv without using their own judgement.
Old 27 May 2011, 12:57 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

A bit of that and a bit of Christian Orthodox Facism.
Old 27 May 2011, 01:08 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by TylerDurden
The whole thing happened because of the arms embargo insisted upon by the then UK government, whats the point of parading him around now??

If there was no arms embargo maybe those unfortunate people would have been able to defend themselves.

The only reason america got involved was becuase clinton got caught putting a cigar up Monica Lewinsky's pu**y, and he decided to divert attention.

People have got such short memories, and believe everthing they see on tv without using their own judgement.
Thats like saying its your own fault for having your car stolen because you bought it in the first place. It happened because men like this commit evil acts.

The UN UK and USA all have to hang their collective heads in shame and admit they let people down...
Old 27 May 2011, 01:11 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I've come across a few Serbs and they tend to be full of hatred against the Kosovon Albianians.

You had several empires wax and wane through the area (since the Ottoman conquest) and various ethnic groups tangling with each other as a result.
Old 27 May 2011, 01:33 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yhe "warrior for his people" observation could apply to any tyant and despot from genghis kahn to hitler
Old 27 May 2011, 02:14 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Thats like saying its your own fault for having your car stolen because you bought it in the first place. It happened because men like this commit evil acts.

The UN UK and USA all have to hang their collective heads in shame and admit they let people down...
Yes. The initial failure to intervene effectively should bring in to stark relief the consequences of Edmund Burke's observation that "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Men in blue hats, many of which found their way on to the heads of the murderers, could do nothing. It would have been illegal. It was NATO, led by the US, that finally summoned-up the courage to act. We didn't intervene in Rwanda five years earlier. We did, and in good time, in Libya.

Again, I ask the question, why did Hussein and Gaddafi condemn the Americans for bombing an Orthodox Christian-Facist regime who where systematically eliminating Muslims? They were clearly farsighted.
Old 27 May 2011, 02:19 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm not sympathising with him at all.
If a topic has anything to do with Islam just don't contribute I've learned. Too many people eager to jump down your throat for sheer self-enlightenment.
Old 27 May 2011, 02:25 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He is a bestial sadist with no feeling for human life.

His genocide was not opposed in practical terms and the UN, including us us for that matter have a responsibility for the deaths of those poor people. Nothing was done to save them.

I don't know if the court at The Hague can use the death penalty.

Les
Old 27 May 2011, 02:40 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
If a topic has anything to do with Islam just don't contribute I've learned. Too many people eager to jump down your throat for sheer self-enlightenment.
Capitulated, you mean.
Old 27 May 2011, 02:56 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
He is a bestial sadist with no feeling for human life.

His genocide was not opposed in practical terms and the UN, including us us for that matter have a responsibility for the deaths of those poor people. Nothing was done to save them.

I don't know if the court at The Hague can use the death penalty.

Les
Two fifths of the permanent UNSC - and the Russians actually supported Milosovic, only withdrawing support under the threat having its aid stopped. I chuckled when the Yanks bombed the Chinese embassy - it read like an 'up-yours'.