ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ratko Mladic hunt: Arrest reported in Serbia (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/890178-ratko-mladic-hunt-arrest-reported-in-serbia.html)

The Zohan 26 May 2011 12:10 PM

Ratko Mladic:Arrest reported in Serbia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13561407

about time this scum was caught and faced justice

Jamo 26 May 2011 12:12 PM

it is about time, look forward to seeing his execution :)

The Zohan 26 May 2011 12:33 PM

Now he is caught (as if they did not know where he was) i imagine Serbia will now be allowed to join the EU!

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 04:33 PM

That is exactly what it is about.

What is the Serbian President saying please? I can see his face on CNN but this bar I am in has the volume turned down.

Asif

my06 ppp silver 26 May 2011 05:10 PM

reminds me of the kosovan, (or was it serbian?) prostitue- slobberdown menobyabitch

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver (Post 10059163)
reminds me of the kosovan, (or was it serbian?) prostitue- slobberdown menobyabitch

ROFL!

JTaylor 26 May 2011 06:12 PM

Good news. :thumb:

JTaylor 26 May 2011 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10059108)
That is exactly what it is about.

What is the Serbian President saying please? I can see his face on CNN but this bar I am in has the volume turned down.

Asif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13562091

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10059263)

Thanks. What did you make of his demeanour? Not seen him speak before, so nothing to compare with.

I was trying to decide whether he should be more upbeat? Did they know all along where he was? And so on.

Asif

JTaylor 26 May 2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10059282)
Thanks. What did you make of his demeanour? Not seen him speak before, so nothing to compare with.

I was trying to decide whether he should be more upbeat? Did they know all along where he was? And so on.

Asif

It's difficult to know, isn't it? Watching it on C4 news, now. What a fûcking savage Mladic was! So calm and collected as he directed those men to their deaths: "we won't harm you".......makes me feel physically sick. I feel a little bit ashamed, too. A French general, Philippe Morillon had promised the refugees that they would be safe and a Dutch commander was to honour and make good on that promise. The UN and EU 'peacekeepers' assured the Bosnia-Herzegovinans that we were stronger than Milosevic's regime and those that trusted that pledge were put to death. On video. In plain sight. We failed them. Still, The Yanks took the lead, closed it off in the end.

It's interesting to ask why Saddam Hussein denounced the American bombing of the Muslim-killing Milosevic? Why did Qaddafi do the same?

David Lock 27 May 2011 09:28 AM

Seeing the TV coverage served to remind me, and others I expect, of just how utterly evil this man is. 8,000 in a few days. There are no words for this.

I heard that a poll found that50% of Serbians didn't want him to be sent for trial at the Hague. Do we want to welcome such a huge number of people who hold this view into the EC?

Whilst I can accept - just - that he should get a just hearing I do not understand why the Hague process takes so damn long. There is something wrong with a system that takes years to conclude that a man like this is guilty.

dl

hodgy0_2 27 May 2011 09:52 AM

we will off course get the posters with ethnic serb origins posting that we "don't understand the situation and <insert usual arguments for defending brutality here>"

I have posted on here before that the sebrenica massacre was shocking shocking crime, made all the more so because it was conducted in full view of the media

Dirk Diggler 75 27 May 2011 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 10058721)
it is about time, look forward to seeing his execution :)

Will it be on Pay per view?......
It's time for the evil filth to meet his maker......:top:

tony de wonderful 27 May 2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10059556)
It's difficult to know, isn't it? Watching it on C4 news, now. What a fûcking savage Mladic was! So calm and collected as he directed those men to their deaths: "we won't harm you".......makes me feel physically sick. I feel a little bit ashamed, too. A French general, Philippe Morillon had promised the refugees that they would be safe and a Dutch commander was to honour and make good on that promise. The UN and EU 'peacekeepers' assured the Bosnia-Herzegovinans that we were stronger than Milosevic's regime and those that trusted that pledge were put to death. On video. In plain sight. We failed them. Still, The Yanks took the lead, closed it off in the end.

It's interesting to ask why Saddam Hussein denounced the American bombing of the Muslim-killing Milosevic? Why did Qaddafi do the same?

It's totally insane and bestial what happened, but he saw himself as a warrior for his people and he had his supporters.

Dirk Diggler 75 27 May 2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10060300)
It's totally insane and bestial what happened, but he saw himself as a warrior for his people and he had his supporters.

F*ck me ,you'll be simpathising Hitler next.......:Suspiciou

tony de wonderful 27 May 2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75 (Post 10060305)

I'm not sympathising with him at all.:mad:

JTaylor 27 May 2011 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 10060106)
Seeing the TV coverage served to remind me, and others I expect, of just how utterly evil this man is. 8,000 in a few days. There are no words for this.

I heard that a poll found that50% of Serbians didn't want him to be sent for trial at the Hague. Do we want to welcome such a huge number of people who hold this view into the EC?

Whilst I can accept - just - that he should get a just hearing I do not understand why the Hague process takes so damn long. There is something wrong with a system that takes years to conclude that a man like this is guilty.

dl

Yes. A question worth pondering.

The Zohan 27 May 2011 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10060300)

There is no excuse or defence for killing unarmed men women and children. He knew it was wrong yet he did what he did. If he wanted to get rid then he could have evicted the Muslims, not murdered them en-masse. What he did was genocide!

He is a sadistic, evil man who used religion, hate and fear to kill people in the name of nationalism or whatever he decided to call it or hide behind!

JTaylor 27 May 2011 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75 (Post 10060305)

He's not sympathising with him.

JTaylor 27 May 2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10060344)
There is no excuse or defence for killing unarmed men women and children. He knew it was wrong yet he did what he did. If he wanted to get rid then he could have evicted the Muslims, not murdered them en-masse. What he did was genocide!

He is a sadistic, evil man who used religion, hate and fear to kill people in the name of nationalism or whatever he decided to call it or hide behind!

I didn't read Tony's post as providing an excuse - just a reason, no matter how perverse.

TylerDurden 27 May 2011 12:53 PM

The whole thing happened because of the arms embargo insisted upon by the then UK government, whats the point of parading him around now??

If there was no arms embargo maybe those unfortunate people would have been able to defend themselves.

The only reason america got involved was becuase clinton got caught putting a cigar up Monica Lewinsky's pu**y, and he decided to divert attention.

People have got such short memories, and believe everthing they see on tv without using their own judgement.

JTaylor 27 May 2011 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10060344)

A bit of that and a bit of Christian Orthodox Facism. :(

The Zohan 27 May 2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by TylerDurden (Post 10060365)
The whole thing happened because of the arms embargo insisted upon by the then UK government, whats the point of parading him around now??

If there was no arms embargo maybe those unfortunate people would have been able to defend themselves.

The only reason america got involved was becuase clinton got caught putting a cigar up Monica Lewinsky's pu**y, and he decided to divert attention.

People have got such short memories, and believe everthing they see on tv without using their own judgement.

Thats like saying its your own fault for having your car stolen because you bought it in the first place. It happened because men like this commit evil acts.

The UN UK and USA all have to hang their collective heads in shame and admit they let people down...

tony de wonderful 27 May 2011 01:11 PM

I've come across a few Serbs and they tend to be full of hatred against the Kosovon Albianians.

You had several empires wax and wane through the area (since the Ottoman conquest) and various ethnic groups tangling with each other as a result.

hodgy0_2 27 May 2011 01:33 PM

Yhe "warrior for his people" observation could apply to any tyant and despot from genghis kahn to hitler

JTaylor 27 May 2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10060394)
Thats like saying its your own fault for having your car stolen because you bought it in the first place. It happened because men like this commit evil acts.

The UN UK and USA all have to hang their collective heads in shame and admit they let people down...

Yes. The initial failure to intervene effectively should bring in to stark relief the consequences of Edmund Burke's observation that "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Men in blue hats, many of which found their way on to the heads of the murderers, could do nothing. It would have been illegal. It was NATO, led by the US, that finally summoned-up the courage to act. We didn't intervene in Rwanda five years earlier. We did, and in good time, in Libya.

Again, I ask the question, why did Hussein and Gaddafi condemn the Americans for bombing an Orthodox Christian-Facist regime who where systematically eliminating Muslims? They were clearly farsighted.

RS_Matt 27 May 2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10060315)
I'm not sympathising with him at all.:mad:

If a topic has anything to do with Islam just don't contribute I've learned. Too many people eager to jump down your throat for sheer self-enlightenment.

Leslie 27 May 2011 02:25 PM

He is a bestial sadist with no feeling for human life.

His genocide was not opposed in practical terms and the UN, including us us for that matter have a responsibility for the deaths of those poor people. Nothing was done to save them.

I don't know if the court at The Hague can use the death penalty.

Les

JTaylor 27 May 2011 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 10060511)
If a topic has anything to do with Islam just don't contribute I've learned. Too many people eager to jump down your throat for sheer self-enlightenment.

Capitulated, you mean.

JTaylor 27 May 2011 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10060519)
He is a bestial sadist with no feeling for human life.

His genocide was not opposed in practical terms and the UN, including us us for that matter have a responsibility for the deaths of those poor people. Nothing was done to save them.

I don't know if the court at The Hague can use the death penalty.

Les

Two fifths of the permanent UNSC - and the Russians actually supported Milosovic, only withdrawing support under the threat having its aid stopped. I chuckled when the Yanks bombed the Chinese embassy - it read like an 'up-yours'.