Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Thousands claim incapacity benefit for addictions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13152349

Thanks NL!
Old 21 April 2011, 09:06 AM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

I'm surprised its actually so few to be honest.

don't forget the 7 million or so on Income support, not classed as unemployed and thus not in the figures.

My professional experience of dealing with disabled people is about 50% are disabled due to obesity through lifestyle. a small % will be disabled because of obesity as a side effect of an accident/illness etc.

to put it bluntly,because yr a fat pig, you can't walk up stairs, get in the bath, sleep normally etc.

cuttign down on the lard and exercising doesn't seem to figure in their lifestyles.

more worryingly is the amount of young children you see that are clearly already obese. this is effectively child abuse and the parents want shooting.

I think the whole benefits system needs a radical shake up, for example the planned hsg benefit changes are a welcome step in my view to put a cap on what can be paid out.
Old 21 April 2011, 11:06 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

If the japs call the UK "Treasure Island", what do you think the lazy ar5ed gits who get paid for getting free money of us think.. "Suckers" springs to mind.

Make unemployed perform volunteer work, like picking up dog poop in the parks, clear graffiti, visiting old people homes and helping out, filling in pot holes. Get the government to employ them for their dole money, then you'll see them sign off and get a proper job.

Drives me mental, I pay nearly TWO GRAND in tax, 20% on VAT which works out a nice 60% out of my hard earned wages.

Im just having a moan. pi55es me off royally.
Old 21 April 2011, 12:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is annoying, all individual cases and it is difficult for the government to hit the spongers and not the genuine cases, imagine the cost of keeping someone of 35 stone going, how do you stay that fat on benefits ?
Old 21 April 2011, 01:05 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Every time the Government try to get people off incapacity benefit, the media roll out someone who is genuinely incapacitated and can't work. Then thy then accuse the Government of making innocent people lives hell.

Get the lazy a.rseholes who claim benefit because they eat too much, or chavs that can't work" because the have a bed finger.
Old 21 April 2011, 01:46 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Zohan

Your mother and sister are addicted to riding my throbbing rod of love, maybe they can claim for that.
Old 21 April 2011, 02:29 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by foxarm
my mother and sister are addicted to riding my throbbing twig of love, maybe they can claim for that.
EFA you pikey!
Old 21 April 2011, 02:36 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Friends girlfriend has had the 10 years off work as a alcoholic , not actually certain its incapacity benefit for sure she gets.... got a council flat tho

Shes been through very good rehab clinic in Brighton at least twice could be three times

god knows what the answer is
Old 21 April 2011, 02:51 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb

god knows what the answer is
Easy. Give her 6 months to clean up her act then if she hasnt stop her money full stop.

Chip
Old 21 April 2011, 08:21 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Welfare supports the super elites because the whole system would fold if the bread was taken away from the welfare classes.

Having said that it is the working/middle classes who pay for this.

I need to declare myself a sovereign citizen and stop paying taxes.
Old 22 April 2011, 09:40 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

The government wants to re-assess all current incapacity benefit claimants by 2014, including the 81,670 people claiming the allowance as a result of health problems stemming from alcohol, drug and obesity conditions.
The problem is I don't think there are that many jobs going here in West Yorkshire.
Old 22 April 2011, 09:59 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
Easy. Give her 6 months to clean up her act then if she hasnt stop her money full stop.

Chip
How hard can it be?
Old 22 April 2011, 10:02 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
How hard can it be?

Who cares ..
Old 22 April 2011, 10:16 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

I think that is the attitude that is needed. I live down a road that is full of families where the parents sit at home doing nothing. The council has recently knocked down their old homes and built brand new, 3 storied, 3 bedroom, twin driveway semi and fully detached houses that were better than the one I could afford to live in and we have the same number of people in our family (2children). We now have one of the new builds at the end of the road where the council ran out of money that we have paid for ourselves and it is very disheartening knowing that we have the same homes as people who cant be bothered to work when Im going out and leaving me wife and children 5 days a week.

What makes it worse is that they all go around taking drugs and stealing metal from everyones gardens to pay for them. I had £400 of exhaust and alloys stolen from my locked back garden. Not one of them are incapable of sitting on a checkout, learning a basic trade or driving a van but they have been so used to doing nothing that this is all they know and are prepared to do. I have no idea how they get away with it but something needs to be done here.
Old 22 April 2011, 10:29 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

heres the worst part bet ya didnt know when they team up they can claim carers allowance to look after each other 50.50each a week extra so **** head can claim to look after depressed person and depressed person can claim to look after pisshead partner BARGAIN , but if you have to disabled kids you wife who stays home to look after them both can only claim it for one ,same if both parents need looking after you can only claim for one of them good system isnt it

Last edited by madscoob; 22 April 2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 22 April 2011, 10:32 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

The amount of smack heads and alcoholics on the sick is unbelievable.

They get EXTRA money to feed their addiction too, who thought up that brilliant idea?

One lad i know has a bigger house than me cos he has two kids, he claims to be a herion addict, he has full sky tv, a new car, holidays twice a year and always has new clothes on AND he can still aford his daily dose of smack!

Why are the government financing this?
Old 22 April 2011, 11:43 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The one thing camarooon has not thought of is what jobs these people are going to do. With 2.4 million healthy people unemployed what employer in their right mind is going to choose a junkie to drive a bus or teach kids.
Old 22 April 2011, 11:53 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

400k claiming for depression