Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dixons Group in trouble .......

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2011, 12:40 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Dixons Group in trouble .......

That's CURRYS and Pixmania and PCWorld too ....

Sorry for laughing, but if you treated your customers fairly you wouldn't be going bust and I can only laugh my socks off!!!!!

Become more like John Lewis and you may, just may, turn things around - if you don't then I hope you get whats coming to you ..........

Old 30 March 2011, 12:46 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Curry's customer service is about as crap as it comes. Would never buy anything from them again and try to avoid PC World.
Old 30 March 2011, 12:49 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't bought anything from Curry's or PC World.
Old 30 March 2011, 12:51 PM
Will
BANNED

I took a Bissell carpet cleaner back to Currys for repair a month ago!!! They sayd we'd have it back in 2 weeks
Old 30 March 2011, 01:00 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

Sorry for laughing, but if you treated your customers fairly you wouldn't be going bust and I can only laugh my socks off!!!!!

Become more like John Lewis and you may, just may, turn things around - if you don't then I hope you get whats coming to you ..........

So you'd take pleasure many thousands of people being made redundant just because of one bad experience you've had with them

They probably could turn things around if the management side of it were dealt with / educated but it seems unfortunate that this is the way the High Street / Retail Park chains are going. Amazon will take over the world soon HMV next I reckon.
Old 30 March 2011, 01:01 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Only thing that suprises me is how long they have managed to hold on.
Who is Comet owned by ?

Richard
Old 30 March 2011, 01:02 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

Lol, it's funny....we were in Currys at the weekend and I came out, turned to the wife and said, "It's just a matter of time until this place goes under"

We were in to buy a new TV and hoover for our caravan and had researched the models we wanted online. We went to Currys to see them in the flesh and to see if they could at least match the online price which would allow us to purchase them there and then.

The TV was £359 in Currys and the Hoover was £299. I told salesman slick that I knew I could get them much cheaper online and asked what his best price was. He told me (after talking to manager) that they couldn't discount either item but would give us discount if we needed cables or tv stands, etc.

We left and I paid £284 for the TV and £205 for the Hoover at Amazon....that is a difference of about £170.

Last edited by Saxo Boy; 30 March 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 30 March 2011, 01:04 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
We left and I paid £284 for the TV and £205 for the Hoover at Amazon....that is a difference of about £170.
Do want any cables or stands with that?
Old 30 March 2011, 01:08 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

Don't need them...besides, I'd imagine Curry's charge £25 for a 2m HDMI cable. They simply cannot and do not compete in any area.
Old 30 March 2011, 01:11 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Will
I took a Bissell carpet cleaner back to Currys for repair a month ago!!! They sayd we'd have it back in 2 weeks
id go back and collect it sharpish if what pete has said is true!!
Old 30 March 2011, 01:19 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Hadn't stopped pumping water had it? just sent ours back for this, only 11 months old and used twice. Common problem apparently.
Old 30 March 2011, 01:30 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richs2891
Who is Comet owned by ?

Richard
Comet used to be owned by same group as B&Q, now they are owned by http://kesaelectricals.com/ the same people who own Darty
Old 30 March 2011, 01:37 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan
Hadn't stopped pumping water had it? just sent ours back for this, only 11 months old and used twice. Common problem apparently.
Easy DIY fix. There is a valve on the bladder bag/tank thingy.

In the cleaner there is a corresponding corner to where the bag/tank sits there is a water inlet which pokes into the bag and presses open the valve. This 'valve thingy' in the tank/bag sometimes comes adrift and pushes into the tank instead of pressing open the valve. Its just a simple case of pulling the valve down until you hear it click back into place.

Or alternatively, the pump drive belt has broke.

(Just incase anyone has noticed, my OCD knowledge habit with lawn mowers has been replaced by vacuum cleaners ).

Last edited by ALi-B; 30 March 2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 30 March 2011, 01:37 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Do you think it all stems back to the argy bargy you had where you won in court Pete?

Could it be all down to you after all!

Les
Old 30 March 2011, 01:51 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Do want any cables or stands with that?
The price of the cables is a real joke. You can tell when it's silly money because they don't put a price on the hanger.

Only bought one thing from PC world and that was DOA - too it back for a refund without problem.

Bought a DVD player from Currys years ago and it wouldn't play one of the films I'd bought with it. Was a proper issue getting them to swap it for an alternative.
Old 30 March 2011, 01:54 PM
ilogikal1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
'valve thingy'
I'm sorry, I can't understand all that technical jargon.
Old 30 March 2011, 01:58 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Jamo
id go back and collect it sharpish if what pete has said is true!!
Going to pop in there today
Originally Posted by Allan
Indeed it did mate. Ours was 10 months old and only used 3 times.
Old 30 March 2011, 01:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Last experience of Currys - went in to buy a dishwasher for £400.00

Was kept waiting by two disinterested sales staff until they finished their conversation about the management was. One sale monkey then tried very hard to sell me a warranty i did not want or need but did not offer the free delivery as per their advert and when i pointed this out they then begrudgingly offered it.

Free delivery would then take a month and no less time so I walked out without bothering any more.

I then got home, went on line, bought a better dishwasher for less money which arrived within two days at the time they said it would.

I would not use Currys again.

Never had a problem with PC world but i only ever buy bits and pieces.
Old 30 March 2011, 02:00 PM
Will
BANNED

Easy DIY fix. There is a valve on the bladder bag/tank thingy.

In the cleaner there is a corresponding corner to where the bag/tank sits there is a water inlet which pokes into the bag and presses open the valve. This 'valve thingy' in the tank/bag sometimes comes adrift and pushes into the tank instead of pressing open the valve. Its just a simple case of pulling the valve down until you hear it click back into place.

Or alternatively, the pump drive belt has broke.

(Just incase anyone has noticed, my OCD knowledge habit with lawn mowers has been replaced by vacuum cleaners ).
If it's that easy, I wonder why they have had the hoover for 4 weeks Oh and if they can't fix it, they will give me vouchers to spend at Curry's
Old 30 March 2011, 02:00 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Lol, it's funny....we were in Currys at the weekend and I came out, turned to the wife and said, "It's just a matter of time until this place goes under"

We were in to buy a new TV and hoover for our caravan and had researched the models we wanted online. We went to Currys to see them in the flesh and to see if they could at least match the online price which would allow us to purchase them there and then.

The TV was £359 in Currys and the Hoover was £299. I told salesman slick that I knew I could get them much cheaper online and asked what his best price was. He told me (after talking to manager) that they couldn't discount either item but would give us discount if we needed cables or tv stands, etc.

I purchased this for £735: Its still £1K in Currys http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panason...70827-pdt.html

Cheapest Panny Blu-Ray is £159.99 (http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panason...59050-pdt.html) I purchased this for £69.99 ( http://www.richersounds.com/product/...5/pana-dmpbd45 ).

Don't start me on the cables and that 'Monster' rubbish (£61 for this? http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/monster...35975-pdt.html ).

You can get some nice AWG11 from B&Q for £1 a metre (£25 for 25metres). Whilst its not OFC (a debatable feature), it has thicker conductors.

And I got two 2metre HDMI leads from Aldi for £8
Old 30 March 2011, 02:01 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Would really love to see them go bust. I have never had a good experience in one of their stores.
Old 30 March 2011, 02:08 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

If it's that easy, I wonder why they have had the hoover for 4 weeks Oh and if they can't fix it, they will give me vouchers to spend at Curry's
Pass. Maybe its because I don't work there

My Bissell was subject to a product recall (something about being electrocuted if the water overflowed or something )- Bissell replaced it with a modified one within the same week.

So god knows what Currys are doing; If Bissell can turn around repairs in a week. Then Currys must be doing repairs in-house.
Old 30 March 2011, 02:32 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Their problems are all self inflicted. I dont think any one (well almost every one but PSL?) takes any pleasure in the risk their performance has on their employees job security. But good customer focused companies such as John Lewis are still making good profits.
This doesnt have much to do with Government Policy more bad management. Treat your customers like **** and sooner or later they stop buying from you.
Old 30 March 2011, 02:55 PM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

After buying a hob from Currys and them taking nearly a month to arrange installation despite paying £80 for the privilege, 3 days off work waiting for delivery and then downright dishonest phone calls that refused to acknowledge a problem. Never again.

And there in lies their answer.
Old 30 March 2011, 03:03 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
Their problems are all self inflicted. I dont think any one (well almost every one but PSL?) takes any pleasure in the risk their performance has on their employees job security. But good customer focused companies such as John Lewis are still making good profits.
This doesnt have much to do with Government Policy more bad management. Treat your customers like **** and sooner or later they stop buying from you.
Agree 100%
Old 30 March 2011, 03:27 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

Since when were Pixmania part of DSG???

mb
Old 30 March 2011, 03:39 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by boomer
Since when were Pixmania part of DSG???

mb
Ages.

My 'mate' (I use the term loosely - see last paragraph) bought a TV off them. And it turns out alot of cheap stuff is not always in stock and when checking they often have no idea of due delivery of the stock.

Thing is its in their sales T&Cs to offer you an equivelent product or better. Now for some absurd reason, my 'friend' would not accept a refund and demanded they offer him a TV of equal specificaion or better (well, he is quite an absurd person ).

Firstly they refused to acknowleged the Terms of their sales agreement, then when they finally did, every TV they offered was inferior is some way. Eventually they bowed down and he had a much superior model LG TV to the one he originally ordered but for a few hundred quid less than what he could find elsewhere online.

He was over the moon, despite it taking several months. Mind, he does not work, lives at his mums. And the TV is funded from incapacity benefit paid by you and I (the working public). So as hateful as he is, at least he made sure he was getting VFM for the tax payer from the TV he ordered (by the way my tougue is in my cheek when I type that ).
Old 30 March 2011, 03:43 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Mind, he does not work, lives at his mums
Kieran
Old 30 March 2011, 03:46 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Kieran
LMAO!
Old 30 March 2011, 03:47 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by The Zohan
LMAO!
Paul?

Quick Reply: Dixons Group in trouble .......