ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dixons Group in trouble ....... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/882040-dixons-group-in-trouble.html)

pslewis 30 March 2011 12:40 PM

Dixons Group in trouble .......

That's CURRYS and Pixmania and PCWorld too .... :lol:

Sorry for laughing, but if you treated your customers fairly you wouldn't be going bust and I can only laugh my socks off!!!!!

Become more like John Lewis and you may, just may, turn things around - if you don't then I hope you get whats coming to you ..........

:lol:

mgcvk 30 March 2011 12:46 PM

Curry's customer service is about as crap as it comes. Would never buy anything from them again and try to avoid PC World.

stilover 30 March 2011 12:49 PM

Haven't bought anything from Curry's or PC World.

Will 30 March 2011 12:51 PM

I took a Bissell carpet cleaner back to Currys for repair a month ago!!! They sayd we'd have it back in 2 weeks :mad:

Coffin Dodger 30 March 2011 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9961864)

Sorry for laughing, but if you treated your customers fairly you wouldn't be going bust and I can only laugh my socks off!!!!!

Become more like John Lewis and you may, just may, turn things around - if you don't then I hope you get whats coming to you ..........

So you'd take pleasure many thousands of people being made redundant just because of one bad experience you've had with them :rolleyes:

They probably could turn things around if the management side of it were dealt with / educated but it seems unfortunate that this is the way the High Street / Retail Park chains are going. Amazon will take over the world soon ;) HMV next I reckon.

richs2891 30 March 2011 01:01 PM

Only thing that suprises me is how long they have managed to hold on.
Who is Comet owned by ?

Richard

Saxo Boy 30 March 2011 01:02 PM

Lol, it's funny....we were in Currys at the weekend and I came out, turned to the wife and said, "It's just a matter of time until this place goes under"

We were in to buy a new TV and hoover for our caravan and had researched the models we wanted online. We went to Currys to see them in the flesh and to see if they could at least match the online price which would allow us to purchase them there and then.

The TV was £359 in Currys and the Hoover was £299. I told salesman slick that I knew I could get them much cheaper online and asked what his best price was. He told me (after talking to manager) that they couldn't discount either item but would give us discount if we needed cables or tv stands, etc.

We left and I paid £284 for the TV and £205 for the Hoover at Amazon....that is a difference of about £170.

DCI Gene Hunt 30 March 2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 9961905)
We left and I paid £284 for the TV and £205 for the Hoover at Amazon....that is a difference of about £170.

Do want any cables or stands with that? :D

Saxo Boy 30 March 2011 01:08 PM

Don't need them...besides, I'd imagine Curry's charge £25 for a 2m HDMI cable. They simply cannot and do not compete in any area.

Jamo 30 March 2011 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Will (Post 9961885)
I took a Bissell carpet cleaner back to Currys for repair a month ago!!! They sayd we'd have it back in 2 weeks :mad:

id go back and collect it sharpish if what pete has said is true!!

Allan 30 March 2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Will (Post 9961885)

Hadn't stopped pumping water had it? just sent ours back for this, only 11 months old and used twice. Common problem apparently.

Jaybird-UK 30 March 2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by richs2891 (Post 9961902)
Who is Comet owned by ?

Richard

Comet used to be owned by same group as B&Q, now they are owned by http://kesaelectricals.com/ the same people who own Darty

ALi-B 30 March 2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Allan (Post 9961940)
Hadn't stopped pumping water had it? just sent ours back for this, only 11 months old and used twice. Common problem apparently.

Easy DIY fix. There is a valve on the bladder bag/tank thingy.

In the cleaner there is a corresponding corner to where the bag/tank sits there is a water inlet which pokes into the bag and presses open the valve. This 'valve thingy' in the tank/bag sometimes comes adrift and pushes into the tank instead of pressing open the valve. Its just a simple case of pulling the valve down until you hear it click back into place.

Or alternatively, the pump drive belt has broke.

(Just incase anyone has noticed, my OCD knowledge habit with lawn mowers has been replaced by vacuum cleaners :o ).

Leslie 30 March 2011 01:37 PM

Do you think it all stems back to the argy bargy you had where you won in court Pete?

Could it be all down to you after all!

Les ;)

EddScott 30 March 2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 9961907)
Do want any cables or stands with that? :D

The price of the cables is a real joke. You can tell when it's silly money because they don't put a price on the hanger.

Only bought one thing from PC world and that was DOA - too it back for a refund without problem.

Bought a DVD player from Currys years ago and it wouldn't play one of the films I'd bought with it. Was a proper issue getting them to swap it for an alternative.

ilogikal1 30 March 2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9961975)
'valve thingy'

I'm sorry, I can't understand all that technical jargon. :D

Will 30 March 2011 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 9961923)
id go back and collect it sharpish if what pete has said is true!!

Going to pop in there today :thumb:

Originally Posted by Allan (Post 9961940)

Indeed it did mate. Ours was 10 months old and only used 3 times.

The Zohan 30 March 2011 01:59 PM

Last experience of Currys - went in to buy a dishwasher for £400.00

Was kept waiting by two disinterested sales staff until they finished their conversation about the management was. One sale monkey then tried very hard to sell me a warranty i did not want or need but did not offer the free delivery as per their advert and when i pointed this out they then begrudgingly offered it.

Free delivery would then take a month and no less time so I walked out without bothering any more.

I then got home, went on line, bought a better dishwasher for less money which arrived within two days at the time they said it would.

I would not use Currys again.

Never had a problem with PC world but i only ever buy bits and pieces.

Will 30 March 2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9961975)
Easy DIY fix. There is a valve on the bladder bag/tank thingy.

In the cleaner there is a corresponding corner to where the bag/tank sits there is a water inlet which pokes into the bag and presses open the valve. This 'valve thingy' in the tank/bag sometimes comes adrift and pushes into the tank instead of pressing open the valve. Its just a simple case of pulling the valve down until you hear it click back into place.

Or alternatively, the pump drive belt has broke.

(Just incase anyone has noticed, my OCD knowledge habit with lawn mowers has been replaced by vacuum cleaners :o ).

If it's that easy, I wonder why they have had the hoover for 4 weeks :mad: Oh and if they can't fix it, they will give me vouchers to spend at Curry's :rolleyes:

ALi-B 30 March 2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 9961905)
Lol, it's funny....we were in Currys at the weekend and I came out, turned to the wife and said, "It's just a matter of time until this place goes under"

We were in to buy a new TV and hoover for our caravan and had researched the models we wanted online. We went to Currys to see them in the flesh and to see if they could at least match the online price which would allow us to purchase them there and then.

The TV was £359 in Currys and the Hoover was £299. I told salesman slick that I knew I could get them much cheaper online and asked what his best price was. He told me (after talking to manager) that they couldn't discount either item but would give us discount if we needed cables or tv stands, etc.

I purchased this for £735: Its still £1K in Currys http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panason...70827-pdt.html

Cheapest Panny Blu-Ray is £159.99 (http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panason...59050-pdt.html) I purchased this for £69.99 ( http://www.richersounds.com/product/...5/pana-dmpbd45 ).

Don't start me on the cables and that 'Monster' rubbish (£61 for this? http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/monster...35975-pdt.html ).

You can get some nice AWG11 from B&Q for £1 a metre (£25 for 25metres). Whilst its not OFC (a debatable feature), it has thicker conductors.

And I got two 2metre HDMI leads from Aldi for £8

Luminous 30 March 2011 02:01 PM

Would really love to see them go bust. I have never had a good experience in one of their stores.

ALi-B 30 March 2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Will (Post 9962024)
If it's that easy, I wonder why they have had the hoover for 4 weeks :mad: Oh and if they can't fix it, they will give me vouchers to spend at Curry's :rolleyes:

Pass. Maybe its because I don't work there :smug:

My Bissell was subject to a product recall (something about being electrocuted if the water overflowed or something :o )- Bissell replaced it with a modified one within the same week.

So god knows what Currys are doing; If Bissell can turn around repairs in a week. Then Currys must be doing repairs in-house. :rolleyes:

r32 30 March 2011 02:32 PM

Their problems are all self inflicted. I dont think any one (well almost every one but PSL?) takes any pleasure in the risk their performance has on their employees job security. But good customer focused companies such as John Lewis are still making good profits.
This doesnt have much to do with Government Policy more bad management. Treat your customers like sh!t and sooner or later they stop buying from you.

[-(o)-] 30 March 2011 02:55 PM

After buying a hob from Currys and them taking nearly a month to arrange installation despite paying £80 for the privilege, 3 days off work waiting for delivery and then downright dishonest phone calls that refused to acknowledge a problem. Never again.

And there in lies their answer.

The Zohan 30 March 2011 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by r32 (Post 9962074)
Their problems are all self inflicted. I dont think any one (well almost every one but PSL?) takes any pleasure in the risk their performance has on their employees job security. But good customer focused companies such as John Lewis are still making good profits.
This doesnt have much to do with Government Policy more bad management. Treat your customers like sh!t and sooner or later they stop buying from you.

Agree 100%

boomer 30 March 2011 03:27 PM

Since when were Pixmania part of DSG???

mb

ALi-B 30 March 2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 9962144)
Since when were Pixmania part of DSG???

mb

Ages.

My 'mate' (I use the term loosely - see last paragraph) bought a TV off them. And it turns out alot of cheap stuff is not always in stock and when checking they often have no idea of due delivery of the stock.

Thing is its in their sales T&Cs to offer you an equivelent product or better. Now for some absurd reason, my 'friend' would not accept a refund and demanded they offer him a TV of equal specificaion or better (well, he is quite an absurd person :lol1: ).

Firstly they refused to acknowleged the Terms of their sales agreement, then when they finally did, every TV they offered was inferior is some way. Eventually they bowed down and he had a much superior model LG TV to the one he originally ordered but for a few hundred quid less than what he could find elsewhere online.

He was over the moon, despite it taking several months. :cuckoo: Mind, he does not work, lives at his mums. And the TV is funded from incapacity benefit paid by you and I (the working public). So as hateful as he is, at least he made sure he was getting VFM for the tax payer from the TV he ordered (by the way my tougue is in my cheek when I type that ;) :mad: ).

DCI Gene Hunt 30 March 2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9962160)
Mind, he does not work, lives at his mums

Kieran :thumb::lol1:

The Zohan 30 March 2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 9962165)
Kieran :thumb::lol1:

LMAO!

DCI Gene Hunt 30 March 2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 9962172)
LMAO!

Paul? :Suspiciou