Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Politicians - it is NEVER their fault is it?

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2010, 04:11 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Politicians - it is NEVER their fault is it?

Vince Cable blames the Telegraph for the coalition crisis:

Cable fury over Telegraph sting

Now I am the last person to defend the UK press, but in this instance all these politicians had to do including Cable is keep their mouths shut. How can they fact they didn't be anyone's fault but their own?

Will a politician in the UK ever take the blame for anything?

What a set of w4nkers!!!!
Old 23 December 2010, 07:03 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

first rule of bad press. Sling the mud thats coming in your direction straight back.
And for the record, I find it rather refreshing to see an MP who for once in his life has said it like it is.
Astraboy.
Old 23 December 2010, 07:13 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

The way around this is for visitors to constituency offices to sign a bit of paper agreeing that the visit is in a private capacity and may not be recorded or information passed to others unless agreed to by said MP. Or something like that?

dl
Old 23 December 2010, 08:37 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
And for the record, I find it rather refreshing to see an MP who for once in his life has said it like it is.
Astraboy.
But publicly he hasn't. He just said it in private and is now blaming someone else (the Telegraph) for the ensuing fallout.

If he said it in public I;d have some respect for him.
Old 23 December 2010, 09:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
But publicly he hasn't. He just said it in private and is now blaming someone else (the Telegraph) for the ensuing fallout.

If he said it in public I;d have some respect for him.
Hes not going to say it in public , why should he , would you ?

Fact is this Coalition is a gift for the gutter press , but it will also make the coalition stronger
Old 23 December 2010, 09:31 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Shame the media don't spend more effort on reporting the news rather than creating it.
I think overall the coalition government is 'doing alright' with the cards they were dealt but it is early days and will be some time before we know if we are on the right track.
Why is it exactly that much of the media seems fixated on trying to drive wedges between the two parties in this coalition? I would prefer to have a working government rather than engineered headlines in the papers. If they succeed in breaking up the coalition how is that a good thing in any way at this time?
And if they have to be watching their backs all the time then no important decisions will ever be made.
Old 23 December 2010, 09:50 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Hes not going to say it in public , why should he , would you ?
No, but I wouldn't say it in private either. Then again I have a brain in my head.

As for making the coalition stronger don't make me laugh. There is no coalition. It's aTory governemtn in all but name and the few Lib Dems in the cabinet are just becoming Cameron's bitches anyway.

When the job cuts really kick in next year and the VAT rise fails to recoup half of what they expect all the while helping the other cuts to grind the economy to halt again then we will see just how good this lot are.... which is useles just like the last lot btw.
Old 23 December 2010, 10:27 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f1_fan
No, but I wouldn't say it in private either. Then again I have a brain in my head.

As for making the coalition stronger don't make me laugh. There is no coalition. It's aTory governemtn in all but name and the few Lib Dems in the cabinet are just becoming Cameron's bitches anyway.

When the job cuts really kick in next year and the VAT rise fails to recoup half of what they expect all the while helping the other cuts to grind the economy to halt again then we will see just how good this lot are.... which is useles just like the last lot btw.
Glass half empty sir?