Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Santander - Useless Jokers #2

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2010, 01:24 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Santander - Useless Jokers #2

Santander have now been added to my list of useless companies to avoid wherever possible.

Opened a Cash ISA on-line with them about a year and a half ago, was the best rate at the time so why not... Also transferred the balance of two other ISAs into it to take advantage of the rate. All good until that is until I want to withdraw my money.

First time I went on-line and tried to withdraw, got an error message saying I had no linked accounts. Rang them and they said as it was my first withdrawal I would have to do so in branch so they could confirm details of my current account that I wanted it transferred to etc. Asked if after that I'd be able to make transactions on-line and told no problem.

Went into the branch on the weekend, not the greatest of experiences as they had sited the little play area for kids near to the cashiers, some chavvy kids playing loudly with the stuff / parents not telling them to keep it down so I had a bit of trouble understanding the cashier but hey my hearing isn't the greatest. Not good for the old folk though who are likely to be more deaf than I am though. Anyway got there in the end, made my transfer and again double checked I'd be okay to do so on-line after that - 'no problem sir'.

So today, try again on-line for a withdrawal, same problem as before I'll call them I thought, should be easily sorted as I have previously made a withdrawal to the same account.... Twenty five minutes on the phone, three different people, first got told I couldn't make the withdrawal as I hadn't transferred to that account before - er yes I have! Then the best they could offer was to allow me to make a small withdrawal but couldn't tell me what the maximum allowed was, then in 7 days I can withdraw as much as I like, that or go to a branch again

Flippin useless. Account will be closed as soon as this years interest payment has been made upon it
Old 20 December 2010, 01:30 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

HSBC have done something similar to my account. I've banked with them for 15 years or so, and have been making internet payments through my account for the last 5 or 6 years. I tried to pay my sister some money and the hsbc website wont let me make the payment. Much like yourself, 20 minutes on the phone to be told that I'll have to make a small payment first and then in a week I can do what I want.

The problem I had was, that I'd been able to do what I want before so why the hell cant I make a simple payment?! I ended up making a complaint and storming off down the road to the bank as it was quicker for me to walk there and back than it was to try and sort it out over the phone with a lady I couldnt understand very well.
Old 20 December 2010, 01:39 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Wait till you try Lloyds.

I had to go into the branch to setup Internet Banking which is weird enough, but whilst there was asked if I wanted telephone banking. I said if I had net banking would I need telephone and was told no so didn't bother.

Frst time I tried to pay a bill online I get told I need to call for security reasons as it is my first transaction and then get told they won't speak to me as I don't have telephone banking... to set that up I need to go to a branch .... arghhh!!!!
Old 20 December 2010, 06:56 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

They're near the bottom for customer care so no surprise there kiddo

TX.
Old 23 December 2010, 07:14 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bunch of bankers the lot of them