GT3 - I'm useless at it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2001, 02:46 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hmm

I've just been to PC world where they had a lovely demo of GT3 which would very nearly persuaded me to part with the £££ and buy a PS2. At least it would if I had any ability at all at the game. Took a skyline out (on a 'Quick race' on 'Easy' setting) and practically no control of it at all, just useless. Now it's a while since I've really played many computer games, is it easy to get to the hang of GT3 then or should I just give up the idea?

Also does it get easier with a wheel, in which case any recommendation?

I love the cars and gfxs and I want to love the game, but I am so bad at it! Anything else I could try to learn how to drive on playstation then?

Thanks

Jon
Old 12 August 2001, 03:12 PM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Personally, I was really impressed by the game when played with a wheel. It seems to need more finesse than GT2, and is likelly set-up so you need to get it (nothing like a bit of a conspiracy/reality theory).

Took a trip away with some m8s - leaving the wheel at home - and discovered that we were all ****e without it (it may have had something to do with all the vino we'd imbibed - and it's the only DWI I've ever done or ever want to do!).

If you can survive without sleep for while, go for it!

Old 14 August 2001, 11:06 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Polar

I remember when I first bought the original GT on PSX. I had ordered the wheel and luckily it turned up the same day that I bought the game.

I plugged it all in, loaded up, bought a Mitsi Colt Cyborg, and set off into the first race. The car was all over the place, I couldn't do anything.

However, it just takes practice. It is like driving a real car - you need to get used to the handling before gunning it.

Keep with it - it will be worth it

DW
Old 14 August 2001, 01:25 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

Talking

I played it for the first time the other night.
Mate brought round his PS2 and we plugged it into my projector. GT3 on a 6ft screen with Dolby surround is a thing of beauty.
We spent more time watching the replays than anything.
Anyone know how to get dolby digital sound out of the PS2?

btw Polar - it's an excellent DVD player too - so if you aint got a DVD its another good reason to justify getting a PS2.
Old 14 August 2001, 01:58 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Cool

Aye, just get an optical cable and plug one end in the PS2 the other in your Digi amp thing.
Old 14 August 2001, 07:49 PM
jsh
Scooby Regular

you will only get Dolby Digital if the game is encoded with the sound system and to my knowledge noone has done that yet. The only thing that you can get Dolby Digital out of a PS2 with is a DVD.

Jason