Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Thousands for foreign criminals sent home!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2010, 10:54 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thousands for foreign criminals sent home!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-jails.html

Thousands of foreign prisoners are to be sent back to serve their sentences in their own countries.
Somebody pinch me! First they're cracking on unemployed scrounging scum, now they're sending foreign scum back to their own countries - this lot actually seem to be doing what the people want?! I'm well impressed!
Old 07 November 2010, 11:02 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-jails.html

Somebody pinch me! First they're cracking on unemployed scrounging scum, now they're sending foreign scum back to their own countries - this lot actually seem to be doing what the people want?! I'm well impressed!

So anyone claiming unemployment benefit are now 'scounging scum'?

Classy
Old 07 November 2010, 11:05 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
So anyone claiming unemployment benefit are now 'scounging scum'?

Classy
Where do I mention I'm referring to all unemployed??.. as discussed in the other thread they are targeting the long-term unemployed who have made a life-style choice to be unemployed, and not those out of work, but actively seeking employment. Big difference.
Old 07 November 2010, 11:14 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Where do I mention I'm referring to all unemployed??.. as discussed in the other thread they are targeting the long-term unemployed who have made a life-style choice to be unemployed, and not those out of work, but actively seeking employment. Big difference.
Well you didn't (that's the point) you failed to discern between scum and non-scum!

And how exactly does this policy (which I do broadly agree with) target 'scum' but not the non-scum

btw could we have a discussion without calling our fellow human beings 'scum'
Old 07 November 2010, 11:25 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Well you didn't (that's the point) you failed to discern between scum and non-scum!
I made the assumption that some background reading on the intended policies had been done as a prerequisite to participating in this discussion.

I think the word 'scum' is actually quote appropriate for those who are basically parasites to the law-abiding society, and I was taking into the account the target audience of this thread, and using familier terms

The policy, as I understand, will basically target those who have been unemployed for a long period, without proof that they have been actively seeking employment. As mentioned before, you need a certain amount of unemployed in the 'system' to fill new roles which may appear, but it's a good message to send out that just 'living on benefits' is not an option for a lifestyle choice, as it currently is by many (aka 'scum')
Old 07 November 2010, 11:31 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

And how exactly does this policy (which I do broadly agree with) target 'scum' but not the non-scum

He referred to them as scum as basically thats all they are, no need to go all politically correct on us Martin, we know, you know and I know what they are and what they achieve.
Old 07 November 2010, 11:35 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Nice idea, if it happens.
Old 07 November 2010, 11:49 PM
Hecc's
BANNED

someone on the blob?

Old 08 November 2010, 07:49 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

What are you after exactly to define 'scumags' names DOB and postcodes???

You knew what he meant yet you go looking for trouble then cry foul when it happens Martin...

I am glad they send them home and that is how it should be, however speaking to an (co19) cop in London i know he said that they often come back through illegal routes to continue as the punishments are pathetic compared to home in a lot of cases.

Until we take border security seriously then we will keep having the same problems as i think you will find a lot of criminals enter and re-enter illegally...

Last edited by The Zohan; 08 November 2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08 November 2010, 08:14 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I think its any "long term" Frank Gallagher types that they're deeming as scrounging scum, and if you've been on benefits for 10 years without a job, well...
Old 08 November 2010, 08:19 AM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

You mean like when they sent a few back to Iran I think it was? When the plane landed they were refused entry to their conutry and sent back here!

So don't be popping the champers just yet.
Old 08 November 2010, 08:48 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

(But the initiative could run into problems because convicts – supported by lawyers – may try to use human rights laws to stay in this country.)

Here we go again
This sounds ideal, until you read that line. Seems like money is more important to some folks, rather than the welfare of the Country
Old 08 November 2010, 09:06 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Lee247
(But the initiative could run into problems because convicts – supported by lawyers – may try to use human rights laws to stay in this country.)

Here we go again
This sounds ideal, until you read that line. Seems like money is more important to some folks, rather than the welfare of the Country
Sadly the human rights and the right to be protected from scumbags who choose to commit crimes are more important than us Brits it seems. Laws we have little or no control or involvement in making are enforced by mainland Europe vie ECHR. Funny how France Spain etc just choose to ignore certain ECHR directives and rulings yet we live and in some cases die by them.

It is just not right or even fair!
Old 08 November 2010, 11:12 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Quite right Paul. We so badly need a strong leader who will stand up for the country and the people. Maggie was the example of course. Whatever her faults, she stood up for this country which is now being sold down the river by the professional politicians of any colour.

We are seeing now so many promises being conveniently ditched now the election is over, they are no better that the load of rubbish which was in charge before them.

I can't see us ever getting a referendum despite what they say about no more sovereignty being given away to the Eu. They always find an excuse to say that is not really happening which is a straight lie.

They must all be on a promise of a nice sinecure once they manage to achieve federeation. When that happens we are lost for sure. Democracy will just be a faint memory!

Les