Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Welfare cuts - where is their spine?

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2010, 08:25 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welfare cuts - where is their spine?

The main thing that pissed me off about the spending review yesterday was the way Osbourne spent all of 30 seconds on the welfare cuts trying to gloss over them as quickly as possible so as not to give any details.

Thing is they need to get some spine. If it needs cutting and if it upsets a few people so what?

If, as Cameron and his cronies say, this is not a popularity contest, but what needs to be done for the good of the country then why shy away from telling us what those cuts are?

Point is that despite everything they have got their eye on re-election and listening to the pathetic party politics in the house yesteday being used even as part of such an important announcement just reinforces my opinion that every single one of them no matter what party they represent is a waste of space.
Old 21 October 2010, 08:29 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by f1_fan
every single one of them no matter what party they represent is a waste of space.
Agree 100%

If you tried to run a business the same way they run the country you'd be out on your **** within days (if not hours).
Old 21 October 2010, 08:35 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

and international aid? 10% of the loan we take out to pay for the country we give away ahhhhhhh, the muppets
Old 21 October 2010, 08:38 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

The UK is still punching above our weight in the illusion that we're a leading superpower, fact is we're a superpower, albeit one that's way to over-stretched to actually be effective.
Old 21 October 2010, 08:44 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I have no time for any of them. They are all a bunch of blood sucking leeches, who spout a pack of lies and try to tell us it is for our benefit.
Reality is, they are too busy sucking up to the EU and other Countries, they care not who suffers over here.
I heard nothing yesterday, that gave me any confidence that the scoungers and immigration would be sorted. Just a load of very easy targets.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it
Old 21 October 2010, 10:00 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
The UK is still punching above our weight in the illusion that we're a leading superpower, fact is we're a superpower, albeit one that's way to over-stretched to actually be effective.
hey , we're the 6th richest nation on earth , apparently

despite being on the verge of being bankrupt
Old 21 October 2010, 10:25 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
The main thing that pissed me off about the spending review yesterday was the way Osbourne spent all of 30 seconds on the welfare cuts trying to gloss over them as quickly as possible so as not to give any details.

Thing is they need to get some spine. If it needs cutting and if it upsets a few people so what?

If, as Cameron and his cronies say, this is not a popularity contest, but what needs to be done for the good of the country then why shy away from telling us what those cuts are?

Point is that despite everything they have got their eye on re-election and listening to the pathetic party politics in the house yesteday being used even as part of such an important announcement just reinforces my opinion that every single one of them no matter what party they represent is a waste of space.
When are politicians any different? The next election is always the star on the horizon. Whatever they do always has votes stuck in the backs of their minds!

Les
Old 21 October 2010, 11:32 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He is nobody's fool!

Les
Old 21 October 2010, 12:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Trouble is, there's lots ON welfare, thanks to successive govt policies over the last 30 years, and they are all voters.

No self-respecting politician, actually sets out to p*ss off a whole raft of voters, surely?

And let's let NO-ONE forget that for every young mother with 4 kids and no intention of getting a job, there's a guy with a family to support, just lost his job. For every benefit scrounging immigrant, there's a UK born and bred youngster unable to get work. For every humongous family of 10+ all on benefits, there are HUNDREDS of hard-working people out of work at the moment through no fault of their own.

It'd be good legislation, well thought out, an absolute rarity under this and the last lot, that would sort out THAT mess.
Old 21 October 2010, 12:39 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wouldnt have happened in Maggies day !
Old 21 October 2010, 12:45 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

What? There WEREN'T 3 million unemployed under Thatcher, then?
Old 21 October 2010, 12:56 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand the logic behind some of this.

MASSIVE cuts
Most likely a lot of job losses - which means even more people claiming benefits

Yet - the shower of ******* are keeping 9 billion "ringfenced" for the olympics and yet we still give away foreign aid
**** the others - we should look after our own first and foremost.
Search the welfare database for "foreigners" claiming benefits and export them too

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggg

Who paid for big ears charlie to go to the commonwealth games?
Old 21 October 2010, 03:24 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Trouble is, there's lots ON welfare, thanks to successive govt policies over the last 30 years, and they are all voters.

No self-respecting politician, actually sets out to p*ss off a whole raft of voters, surely?

And let's let NO-ONE forget that for every young mother with 4 kids and no intention of getting a job, there's a guy with a family to support, just lost his job. For every benefit scrounging immigrant, there's a UK born and bred youngster unable to get work. For every humongous family of 10+ all on benefits, there are HUNDREDS of hard-working people out of work at the moment through no fault of their own.

It'd be good legislation, well thought out, an absolute rarity under this and the last lot, that would sort out THAT mess.
Can't say fairer than that!

Les
Old 21 October 2010, 03:38 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lee247
I have no time for any of them. They are all a bunch of blood sucking leeches, who spout a pack of lies and try to tell us it is for our benefit.
Reality is, they are too busy sucking up to the EU and other Countries, they care not who suffers over here.
I heard nothing yesterday, that gave me any confidence that the scoungers and immigration would be sorted. Just a load of very easy targets.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it
welcome to fascist britain . just remember the scroungers and passengers VOTE and there is around 8million of them dependant on the state . cameron cant afford to lose thier vote . keep em happy with handouts and dependant on the state that was gordons motto . looks like cams adopted the same ideas