Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Huntley To Sue The Prison ....

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2010, 10:36 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Huntley To Sue The Prison ....

As he had his throat slashed in prison - he is claiming £100,000 for a failure of duty of care.

The families of the girls he tortured and killed received £11,000 each as compensation.

I would pay him his claim of £100,000 ...... then in the same day, rule that the girls parents should receive £50,000 each from Huntley for his lack of care for their daughters.

Personally, I think that when you go into prison for such a crime you lose all your rights - but, we don't live in a society that thinks that is fair
Old 31 July 2010, 10:47 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he needs his throat doing as the girls families would do it
Old 31 July 2010, 10:53 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that he can claim pretty much somes up whats wrong with this country.
Old 31 July 2010, 11:01 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Agreed, he's a bloody disgrace to the human race!

Can we reward the chap that attacked him?
Old 31 July 2010, 11:06 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Hopefully the court will decide that the authorities were not negligent and dismiss the claim. But I have a sickening feeling that he has a case.

Perhaps if he won any money it could then be frozen so he can never touch it. It will probably end up in the European Court. Perhaps by then he will have tripped into a boiling vat of oil.

dl
Old 31 July 2010, 11:17 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Perhaps by then he will have tripped into a boiling vat of oil.

dl
Or somebody else has another go at his throat but with better results this time round
Old 01 August 2010, 12:00 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Hopefully the court will decide that the authorities were not negligent and dismiss the claim. But I have a sickening feeling that he has a case.

dl
+1

Trending Topics

Old 01 August 2010, 06:56 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by mad555
The fact that he can claim pretty much sums up whats wrong with this country.
Agreed!

I just hope someone finishes the job real soon!
Old 01 August 2010, 08:47 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx

Can we reward the chap that attacked him?
his name is Damien Fowkes hes at Frankland jail, Co Durham. cant see why you couldnt send him some cigs or something

as an after thought, try not to forget that this bloke is serving life for holding up a family with a knife, you dont get life for nothing!!

Last edited by Jamo; 01 August 2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01 August 2010, 10:00 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis
As he had his throat slashed in prison - he is claiming £100,000 for a failure of duty of care.

The families of the girls he tortured and killed received £11,000 each as compensation.

I would pay him his claim of £100,000 ...... then in the same day, rule that the girls parents should receive £50,000 each from Huntley for his lack of care for their daughters.

Personally, I think that when you go into prison for such a crime you lose all your rights - but, we don't live in a society that thinks that is fair
I was actually thinking along the exact same lines .

If he does get it he becomes an even more unpopular figure inside youd imagine ( unless it was alll 'arranged' ) .

Surely an account which isnt serviced after several years goes to the governement anyway .
Old 01 August 2010, 10:22 AM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

I expect some Lawyer will make his name getting C*ntley a result
Old 01 August 2010, 10:30 AM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

He needs putting in a room with the kids parents for an hour. There's your compo.
Old 01 August 2010, 11:07 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Thats one solution which would work in their favour.

On the other hand, the only person he should be suing is the bloke who slashed his throat. Whatever compensation he got should be used to pay off the legal aid and than he can give whats left to the families, should he get any that is!

Les
Old 01 August 2010, 11:21 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Trouble is you can't change the law resulting in prisoners having carte blanche to exact revenge on whoever they want. And I can't see that making it only for "nasty" offences - like those of that s,hit Huntley - is workable. I wish it was. dl
Old 01 August 2010, 08:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Any money he gets should go to childrens charities, end of!
Old 01 August 2010, 09:51 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by j4mou
his name is Damien Fowkes hes at Frankland jail, Co Durham. cant see why you couldnt send him some cigs or something

as an after thought, try not to forget that this bloke is serving life for holding up a family with a knife, you dont get life for nothing!!
By all accounts he prefers crack to Lambert and Butler........
Old 01 August 2010, 09:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou

Just goes to show that a child murderer is the lowest of the low, not condoning holding a family at knife-point (which is pretty low) but it proves a point (no pun intended).
Old 01 August 2010, 10:57 PM
Mikej857
Scooby Regular

This just shows what is so wrong with this country now, this person killed 2 young girls who had there whole lives ahead of them and he can now sue us which is who is going to pay for the legal aid and ultimatley any money he does get.

Unreal lets hope the next time someone does it properly and the money is given to people who deserve it
Old 02 August 2010, 08:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

When that Gypsy thieving Pikey Brendan Fearon sued for ££££££££££'s I seem to remember that ScoobyNet and others on the Net all sent messages to the Lawyers representing him ....... the Lawyers dropped out due to the negative publicity and the case folded.

I'm sure that we can, again, make sure that no Lawyer or Lawyer Firm dare take this case on ......................... we are much more powerful than we imagine! If I had the ability I would set up a website stating which Lawyers were working on Huntleys behalf and make sure they were under no illusion what the public thought of them!
Old 03 August 2010, 09:12 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I'm sure he will win his case. They did fail their duty of care. No matter what you think of Huntley and his ilk, we have a system that puts people in prison under the care the HM Prison Service, not to be given summary justice.

However, the fact that he may get money for it is extremely distasteful. As previously stated, the money should either go to the families of the girls he killed or to some charity.

Or to the guy who slashed him

Geezer
Old 03 August 2010, 10:33 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Trouble is you can't change the law resulting in prisoners having carte blanche to exact revenge on whoever they want. And I can't see that making it only for "nasty" offences - like those of that s,hit Huntley - is workable. I wish it was. dl
Are you saying that there is a law which entitles prisoners to attack any other prisoner that they feel like injuring.

I would find that hard to believe.

Les
Old 03 August 2010, 10:47 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Are you saying that there is a law which entitles prisoners to attack any other prisoner that they feel like injuring.

I would find that hard to believe.

Les
I am sorry if my post wasn't clear.

I am saying the exact opposite - you can't do away with the current law thus giving prisoners the right to get away with revenge or whatever. dl
Old 04 August 2010, 09:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

When that Gypsy thieving Pikey Brendan Fearon sued for ££££££££££'s I seem to remember that ScoobyNet and others on the Net all sent messages to the Lawyers representing him ....... the Lawyers dropped out due to the negative publicity and the case folded.

I'm sure that we can, again, make sure that no Lawyer or Lawyer Firm dare take this case on ......................... we are much more powerful than we imagine! If I had the ability I would set up a website stating which Lawyers were working on Huntleys behalf and make sure they were under no illusion what the public thought of them!
I would be surprised if he was unable to find one who was prepared to prostitute himself for the cash out of his legal aid.

Les
Old 04 August 2010, 10:45 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

I am sorry if my post wasn't clear.

I am saying the exact opposite - you can't do away with the current law thus giving prisoners the right to get away with revenge or whatever. dl
But..............

Fact is it happens and the authorities won't be able to stop it.

Perhaps dare I say maybe even turn a blind eye to some of the stuff.
Old 04 August 2010, 10:57 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Yes, i do remember this happening and being one of those who emailed the solicitors

Would be more than happy to do it again, especially for this POS Huntley!

Also would happily contribute to a 'fund' to go the the person who does finally 'finish' Huntley!

His crimes warranted a death sentence in the first place, not expensive care. The money would be better spent on protecting and helping kids, not Huntley!
Old 04 August 2010, 11:01 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
But..............

Fact is it happens and the authorities won't be able to stop it.

Perhaps dare I say maybe even turn a blind eye to some of the stuff.

I am sure they do but having a cut throat is hard to hide from visitors etc.

The only way out of this for targets like Huntley would be to give them a choice: -

We lock you up in solitary for 23 hours a day where you will be safe

OR

We let you mix with other inmates and we will try and exercise reasonable care but you lose your rights to sue if you are attacked.

??

dl
Old 04 August 2010, 02:42 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

I don't meant that as such
I mean that perhaps sometimes the guards might just turn the other way and pretend not to see/hear for small time.

Having said that - prisons are full of security cameras nowadays anyway, we'll one particular prison in N.Ireland is anway.