Israel at it again

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2010, 12:05 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Israel at it again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...t/10195838.stm

If this was a Muslim country that did this the West would come down on them like a ton of bricks. No wonder we are targets as we will just mumble a few words of disapproval and let them get on with it.

They had better hoep Iran don't get nuclear capability as I think I know where the first missile will be headed and frankly I wouldn't entirely blame them.
Old 31 May 2010, 01:41 PM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

As the ship was full of terrorists according to israeli spokesman, their response was completely justified. The rest of the world should just keep quiet and let them get on with it, oh yeah, we already do.

How much longer can the west's double standards and hypocrisy continue?
Old 31 May 2010, 02:45 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

All respect to the above posters opinions but the floatilla are told that they cannot enter Israeli waters and what would happen if they did. They went in regardless of international law and paid a price. Simple really.

Lets face it, you prod a big dog with a stick and it will end up chewing on your nuts
Old 31 May 2010, 02:57 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
All respect to the above posters opinions but the floatilla are told that they cannot enter Israeli waters and what would happen if they did. They went in regardless of international law and paid a price. Simple really.

Lets face it, you prod a big dog with a stick and it will end up chewing on your nuts
With all due respect to you:

It happened about 40 miles (64 km) out to sea, in international waters.
Next defence please!
Old 31 May 2010, 06:08 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

yes -- and then you put the dog down
Old 31 May 2010, 06:14 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
With all due respect to you:

Next defence please!
Israel's always gone for the "Attack is the best form of Defence" policy. It's always been the core element in their military philosophy

Funny thing is that came from a British soldier Orde Wingate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orde_Wingate
Old 31 May 2010, 06:16 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I absolutely deplore what Israel has just done - it was an act of piracy at best. Recently this country has shown that it has total disregard for international law and should be punished.

What I find ironic is that Israel used to run ships into Palestine after the war...
Old 31 May 2010, 06:25 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

So Britain and America condemn the attacks but stop short of saying anything should be done about it. What a surprise. William Hague has only been in the post five seconds and is soundling like his tongue is stuck up America's ****.

As for the Iranians here is their reaction:

Originally Posted by MAHMOUD AHMADINEJAD, IRANIAN PRESIDENT
The inhuman action of the Zionist regime against the Palestinian people and preventing the humanitarian aid from reaching Gazans does not show this regime's strength, but is a sign of its weakness, and all this brings this sinister and fake regime closer than ever to its end.
Should we be reading between the lines?
Old 31 May 2010, 06:35 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shame George Galloway wasn't on the boat
Old 31 May 2010, 06:35 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

The top Hamas leader forgot his name was on that ship big arms dealer and has killed 100,000s of isreals.
I hope he dies they did shoot him

But oh no Israel is wrong ffs wake up you loons.
Old 31 May 2010, 06:37 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Ok, so they intercepted the ****s prior to them doing something illegal (which was gonna happen)

If I am gonna commit a crime the police would rather stop me before I do it rather than wait for me to do it.

But anyway..... if it bothers you so much, quit whinging about it and go and do something about it. Protest outside your local Israeli embassy, wear an 'i love gaza' T-shirt (unless you are a geordie - that would just confuse people) yadda yadda yadda

Last edited by mrtheedge2u2; 31 May 2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 31 May 2010, 07:32 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

But anyway..... if it bothers you so much, quit whinging about it and go and do something about it. Protest outside your local Israeli embassy, wear an 'i love gaza' T-shirt (unless you are a geordie - that would just confuse people) yadda yadda yadda
Old 31 May 2010, 07:55 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie
The top Hamas leader forgot his name was on that ship big arms dealer and has killed 100,000s of isreals.

Since only about 25,000 Israeli's in total have died since Israel declared independence in 1948 (including 10,000 in various wars) I'm struggling to see how one Hamas guy has killed 100,000s. If you don't know anything about a subject best to just shut up.
Old 31 May 2010, 07:58 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...t/10195838.stm

If this was a Muslim country that did this the West would come down on them like a ton of bricks. No wonder we are targets as we will just mumble a few words of disapproval and let them get on with it.

They had better hoep Iran don't get nuclear capability as I think I know where the first missile will be headed and frankly I wouldn't entirely blame them.
I do seem to remember the rest of the world was pretty silent when the Iranians took and inflatable full of RN crew, hostage...

awful atrocities committed by both sides and i am sure the Israelis where looking to intercept weapons/arms prior to them dropping into the hands of Hammas and other groups bent on death and destruction.

Having said that the Israelis are heavy handed at best and happy to shoot first and ask questions later.

It is about time the rest of the world stood up and said enough is enough and the US stopped rubber stamping Israel’s military aggression and eagerness to use force.

About time both sides sorted it out the longer this goes on the harder it will be to fix. If i saw my family murdered by a bomb or such it would likely turn me to revenge and wanting to kill the 'enemy' well their armed forces and politico's rather than civilians mind! I think that rings true for both sides.
Old 31 May 2010, 08:48 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scud8
Since only about 25,000 Israeli's in total have died since Israel declared independence in 1948 (including 10,000 in various wars) I'm struggling to see how one Hamas guy has killed 100,000s. If you don't know anything about a subject best to just shut up.
Perhaps he meant to say hundreds or thousands, or indeed hundreds and thousands - you can get an awful lot of them in a small jar, don't you know.
Old 31 May 2010, 09:00 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I do seem to remember the rest of the world was pretty silent when the Iranians took and inflatable full of RN crew, hostage...
Did they kill them? Not quite the same really.
Old 31 May 2010, 10:09 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The jewish lobby is so strong in America, that Israel pretty much gets to do what they wish.

Considering the terrible treatment that they received as a race, not so long ago, youd expect a little more humanity, wouldnt you?

Is it in poor taste to suggest that the idea of Palestinian concentration camps probably appeals to an element within Israel?
Old 31 May 2010, 11:16 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Israel are a rogue state that apparently act with impunity. They in the end had to admit to using illegal weapons as the evidence was too strong after they attacked a UN compound with phosphorus. Despite this and their illegal occupation and blockaid they have recieved no punishment thanks to the protection from the USA. If Europes leaders had any sense of humanity trhey would impose an immediate trade ban on Israel from all EU countries and force them to make an effort to act like a civilised nation.
Old 31 May 2010, 11:27 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Ok, so they intercepted the ****s prior to them doing something illegal (which was gonna happen)

If I am gonna commit a crime the police would rather stop me before I do it rather than wait for me to do it.
The ships were not doing anything illegal, Israel has no legal right to occupy the disputed territories and has no legal right to blockade and inprison all the people in gaza. The UN has already made it clear on this point, and common sense suggests that invading an area pushing the natives out and the locking them all up in a big concentration camp is not very humanitarian.
Old 01 June 2010, 01:02 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

I spoke to one of my client today who doesn't support Zionist regime, I'm very interested to see what the uk and The USA will do.... IMHO the Zionist get away with way too much.
Old 01 June 2010, 08:31 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
The ships were not doing anything illegal, Israel has no legal right to occupy the disputed territories and has no legal right to blockade and inprison all the people in gaza. The UN has already made it clear on this point, and common sense suggests that invading an area pushing the natives out and the locking them all up in a big concentration camp is not very humanitarian.
yeah, but life sucks at the best of times.......
Old 01 June 2010, 09:29 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

interestingly several articles in the New York Times recently have begun to notice a trend among the younger Jews in America -- that refer to Israel as "them" and "they"

Whereas traditionally it has been "we" and "us” -- these sublte shifts in semantics mark an emerging view of Israel that differs from the unconditional support they receive at present

So – Israel may well find they will have to stop their barbaric behaviour
Old 01 June 2010, 10:36 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by **************
Exactly what I was thinking to be honest. Israel seems to have a very short memory or is in fact incredibly hypocritical in how it treats Palestinians after what happened to their own only 70 years ago.

I did have a chuckle at the video footage seeing the special forces getting a kicking and one being chucked over the side by a group of protesters. Those iron bars did seem to get a good swing on them before landing on their targets

I despise Israel and all it stands for to be honest and when they get wiped out by a nutty neighbour I wont be feeling sorry for them. The video footage of the protests inside Israel supporting their military just about sums up their nation. They attacked two innocent Israeli arab women who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time walking through the protest. They are Israeli just like those who attacked them but because they were arab and not Jewish they were fair game. Cvnts of the highest order.
+1

I remember whatching Al Jezrea in Dubai - the proper Al Jazera, not the censored, editied watered down version the UK gets and watching dead arab babies and small children being pulled out of the rubble that was once a nursery and primary school, which had been bombed by an Isreali plane shortly before - i wept

now i am not navie enough to think that both sides are innocent of commiting such acts either however it does seem that the jewish nation has sort memories and an even shorter temper.

Last edited by The Zohan; 01 June 2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01 June 2010, 11:44 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

There are 2 points of view for me on this one.

1) The military should not have been deployed onto the actual ship. They would have had fairly conclusive intel of what response they would get. It would have been much better to allow them into port and then keep them from getting off the ship by other means. Regardless of who is on the ship - sending solders down fast ropes into that kind of environment would lead to only one result. I cant believe they did not use other tactics tbh, esp as it was in international waters.

2) The POV of the military officers - independently. This to me is the second most important view, as its quite clear from the footage they took a serious beating. If I was in their shoes, being stabbed and beaten with bats/bars I would not hesitate to use my weapon once I was on the floor. No matter how much training you have or how many operations you have been on, once a mob gets you down on the floor you are dead. A very similar thing happened in NI a few years back, although different circs. A mob got round a car with 2 guys in it, they were in a contact situation but refused to admit it - tried scare tactics which failed and they were both killed. All filmed from above... so I can understand why they had to open fire. 10 dead... very sad, but if its them or you - at that moment, you wont hesitate. But they should have never been put on the rope in the first place!
Old 01 June 2010, 05:58 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Jamie

It's you who needs to wake up.
I'm not defending Hamas as they've not covered themselves in glory in the past but this latest stunt by Israel cannot be justified.
Old 01 June 2010, 06:07 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
If Europes leaders had any ***** they would impose an immediate trade ban on Israel from all EU countries and force them to make an effort to act like a civilised nation.
edited for accuracy
Old 01 June 2010, 08:58 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
It's you who needs to wake up.
I'm not defending Hamas as they've not covered themselves in glory in the past but this latest stunt by Israel cannot be justified.
1+
Old 02 June 2010, 11:44 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Jews learned some valuable lessons from the *****, and are now putting them to good use against the Palestinians.

Quick Reply: Israel at it again