Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay makes me laugh, whats the point of this ?

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2010, 01:23 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay makes me laugh, whats the point of this ?

Ive just recieved a message from ebay saying to be wary of a certain seller as they are investigating him and they had noticed that i had communicated with him via the ebay messaging system, why the hell didn`t they send me this message before letting me spend £250 with him and then recieving some brand new goods that had manufacturing blemishes where i now have to return them.

My first communication with the seller was 2 days before i bought anything, i`m sure if they have been investigating someone then their automated system could have let me know before buying anything from the seller they have under investigation.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 24 January 2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 24 January 2010, 04:40 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

How kind of them. Now they will no doubt suspend the transaction, keep your money safely tucked away in Paypal for 4-5 days, along with thousands of other "suspect" transactions, and cream a week of interest on it. Then make a decision.... Which ever way they decide they wont care about you or the seller, but they will be a few grand better off for holding your money.

Paypal/Ebay, large carefree financial institution which is poorly managed, badly regulated but VERY rich....

Thank you for using Ebay/Paypal

It sucks mate, I hope you get it sorted out.
Old 24 January 2010, 06:38 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they're investigating someone shouldn't they suspend their account to stop them trading until everything is sorted?
Old 24 January 2010, 06:55 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robby
If they're investigating someone shouldn't they suspend their account to stop them trading until everything is sorted?
Thats what you would like to think, apparently not. It seems Ebay is more concenred about losing possible fees from a sale than protecting a buyer at the earliest oppertunity, they were obviously aware of this seller i dealt with on my first contact with them which was 2 days before i bought an item from this person thats under investigation.
Old 24 January 2010, 07:21 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

I was just checking my ebay and i noticed that when i clicked on the link for the guitar that i bought on Wednsday 20th its saying "Item is no longer available" then underneath it says that "This user is no longer registered".

I won the auction on Wedsnday 20th January and i recieved the guitar on Friday 22nd January, it seems that this seller has now closed his account or has been thrown off ebay.

Where do i stand here, the guitar was advertised as brand new but it has some manufacturing blemishes in places which you wouldn`t accept from any brand new item, am i covered by paypal as thats how i paid ?
Old 24 January 2010, 07:29 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Where you stand is now totally unprotected as I understand it.
Its really just between you and him as people and not Ebay traders now.

If he has closed his accounts I dont really think Paypal will care now.
Worth giving them a call or something so you get a quick answer, rather than waiting on emails they never answer.
Old 24 January 2010, 07:36 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Where you stand is now totally unprotected as I understand it.
Its really just between you and him as people and not Ebay traders now.

If he has closed his accounts I dont really think Paypal will care now.
Worth giving them a call or something so you get a quick answer, rather than waiting on emails they never answer.
It will be ebay that have banned him, it just seems a bit of a coincedence that i recieve an email today from ebay warning my about a seller that ive been in contact with asking a question about an item via the ebay messaging system then the next thing he is no longer a registered user.

Can i get my bank to reverse the payment as it was done via my Visa Electron debit card, the payment was sent on Wednsday the 20th Jan, paypal normally takes upto 9 days for a payment to clear ?

Surely i would be protected by paypal, ebay knew i was in contact with this seller even before i bought the item, they only warned me today "Sunday 24th" that he is under investigation by the ebay messaging system which is after i bought the item yet they must have known i contacted him previously before i bought the item.

The point here surely is, why did ebay allow me to purchase something from a seller that was under investigation at the time ?

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 24 January 2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 24 January 2010, 07:57 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They left me a message saying someone I had done business with was being investigated.... after he had scammed me and paypal had sided with him and refunded him his money The **** end even thanked me for the free camcorder and offered to sell it back to me for a special price.
If you do any business with paypal/ebay prepare to be bent over and violated.
Old 24 January 2010, 08:06 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

try not to use it so much now, have to tread very carefully these days
Old 24 January 2010, 08:42 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beef-on-the-bone
try not to use it so much now, have to tread very carefully these days
Same ere.
That said, have been spending hundreds over recent weeks on board gear, and been ok so far.
Old 25 January 2010, 12:22 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Just got shafted on some software. Bought a newer version of Dreamweaver at reasonable price, it arrived fine and installed OK. All looked legit so left positive feedback. Started Dreamweaver the next day and "This serial number has been revoked". No help from Adobe - "We don't support e-bay sales" and the seller send me three more duff/revoked serial numbers. Raised a claim in Paypal. They asked the seller for their side of it, she told a pack of lies (not just lies, blatant and obvious lies) and they closed the claim without even considering the evidence I'd provided.

Bunch of useless *****.

Anyone want a copy of Dreamweaver CS4 with a duff serial number?

SB
Old 25 January 2010, 02:21 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Ring them up Simon, their approach seems to be a little less high-handed when theyre talking to you. If youve funded the purchase through your credit card (I wont let them near my bank account: CC only), then theyre jointly and severally liable, so theyll refund you. PP wont even argue, they get lower merchanting rates for not challenging CC charge-backs (stiffing vendors instead, to line their own pockets: justified here though).

Simon