Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

It pays to complain........

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2009, 03:51 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It pays to complain........

I have a BT land line and BT internet. My latest phone bill was far too high (including a change of billing periods by BT) so I phoned and complained, said I was looking to go Virgin media.
Managed to reduce standing monthly charges by over £17. Two hundred plus pounds per year in my pocket not theirs. It's a pity they dont just offer their customers the best deal unless you threaten to move. Any one else here with BT? Worth a try.
Old 28 November 2009, 07:33 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I had similar when I told BT I was leaving to go to Orange.
After he had finished bitching and telling me how crap Orange BB was, and how I would come running back within a few months, he got down to business.
Offered discounts on line rental and BB subscription. Offered the latest router.... But ultimatly could not anywhere NEAR match £15 a month for line rental and unlimited* Broadband.

Needless to say, im with Orange now lol
Old 28 November 2009, 08:25 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

It's easy to get deals through BT .... but, beware, BT are cute - they will not actually give the discount for 3 months and then stage the discounts ... you never, ever, get the money back straight away.

But, if I'm not happy I complain .... usually they 'see' it my way and do the right thing. CURRYS thought they could mess me about - they misjudged and the courts may them pay me every penny back - ALWAYS, ALWAYS Complain as long as it's justified!
Old 29 November 2009, 04:52 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
It's easy to get deals through BT .... but, beware, BT are cute - they will not actually give the discount for 3 months and then stage the discounts ... you never, ever, get the money back straight away.

But, if I'm not happy I complain .... usually they 'see' it my way and do the right thing. CURRYS thought they could mess me about - they misjudged and the courts may them pay me every penny back - ALWAYS, ALWAYS Complain as long as it's justified!
Three of the discounts start from Monday, the other one (for Broadband) starts in a weeks time. We'll see if they do start when they said they would.

I was with Orange once, for quite some time. Until I couldnt get on to the net one day. Orange said it had nothing to do with them and it must be the phone line, I needed to talk to BT, which I did. I must say BT were quite good in checking the line and even sending an engineer out. So I called Orange to tell them it was their problem, no interest at all, must be BT's fault they still claimed. After being off the net for three weeks they finally managed to accept it was their problem. So I thought best move to BT so if I have any issue it's their line and their internet service.
Old 29 November 2009, 05:14 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
I have a BT land line and BT internet. My latest phone bill was far too high (including a change of billing periods by BT) so I phoned and complained, said I was looking to go Virgin media.
Managed to reduce standing monthly charges by over £17. Two hundred plus pounds per year in my pocket not theirs. It's a pity they dont just offer their customers the best deal unless you threaten to move. Any one else here with BT? Worth a try.

Well done its about time us Brits started complaining , i'm bloody sick of this weather