Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Jamies Italian

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2009, 08:15 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jamies Italian

Last night the lovely Mrs Winner and I decided we would pop out for a bite to eat.
We often go to no booking needed places like Zizi'z pizza express etc, A couple of drinks and something to eat for £40 is perfect for us, No frills and ideal for after work.
Anyways, so last night we went to Jamies Italian, this was our 3rd attempt to eat and this place, First time we got ignored and stood at the front door for 20 minutes, second time was much the same but I was asked to leave after pointing out that I had been standing around for another 20 minutes.

Last night, after complaining about the first two times and getting £50 worth of vouchers we finally got in.

So (and only IMO) this is a quick run down of what to expect should you eat here.
Walk in to be greeted by a "scene" 18 year old kid that talks to you like you owe them a favour.

Get dragged through an obnoxiously loud restaurant and have a table pointed at by an aloof child waiter.

Sit down and wait.....and wait....... and wait...... then finally get asked if you want a drink, and sneered at when you add water to you drink choice.

Pour your own wine and water ( I know its only a little thing but they even do it for you in the Harvester!!)

Get a starter of the WORST quality food I have ever tasted

just as you have about finished your started (or what you can stomach of it anyway) have your main course thrown under your nose like its an eating contest.

BEWARE!!!! Should you order anything with truffle it must be pointed out that the dish has flirted with a truffle in a former life and does not actually contain any truffle

Just as you are about to finish your main have the dish cleaned out from under you, a bill for £50 for 1 starter, 2 mains and some wine thrust at you and then eyeballed until you leave and they can get another cover at the table.

I know its not top end, and I was not expecting the world, far from it. I just wanted a normal Sunday night meal, unrushed and relaxed.
With so much competition like
Zizi
Pizza express
Strada
Not to mention the indies, I would urge people to avoid this place.
Its was truly truly gash.
Old 09 November 2009, 08:27 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Zizi
Pizza express
Strada

If it is worse than those above then it must me truely shocking. Frankly I can not imagine that food could be any worse than the crap served in zizi.
Old 09 November 2009, 08:30 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

This is the problem, If you want a quick easy meal now days there are no really good places to go. Seriously Jamies is at least 10 times worse than Zizi's...... Just imagine.
Old 09 November 2009, 08:36 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Nothing could be that bad ?
Old 09 November 2009, 09:29 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Was this the Guildford one? A friend went the first week it opened and had the same experience.

I think I'll take your advice.
Old 10 November 2009, 08:58 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

It was the one in Brighton, Strange thing is the two previous bad experiences had been at different locations too.
Further to that I know a party of 8 that went to Guildfords a couple of weeks ago and had to make a stop at Dominos on the way home as they couldnt stomach the food at "Jamies"
Old 10 November 2009, 09:12 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

You should of gone to `Woodies`, down the road in Hove ! :-) Milkshakes there are lovely !

SBK
Old 10 November 2009, 04:02 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Only been to his Fifteen restaurant in London and that was top notch, great service, great food and not the slightest bit poncy.

May be worth complaining via email as if people don't complain then the spotty oinks working at these places will carry on making peoples dining experiences rubbish.
Old 10 November 2009, 04:39 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Good read.

We went to a Chicitos or whatever its called before watching District 9 and it was horrible in Cardiff bay. Similar horrible food served at a pizza joint near the Swansea cinema before watching UP.

I hate to admit it, but the one place where the food is perfectly edible and the quality matches the price is Witherspoons. We go to the one in Carmarthen and its fine for a meal whilst on the shop.

In the west wales area there are alot of little restaurants and bistro type places. Most are very good, some not so good and their life expectancy is largely dictated by the quality of the food. Word of mouth soon puts bad food restaurants out of business.

We were so happy with our meal a couple of Sundays ago I even went back in after I paid to point out a round of drinks had been missed (I usually see this as good after-meal sport )
Old 10 November 2009, 04:49 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Timwinner
It was the one in Brighton, Strange thing is the two previous bad experiences had been at different locations too.
Further to that I know a party of 8 that went to Guildfords a couple of weeks ago and had to make a stop at Dominos on the way home as they couldnt stomach the food at "Jamies"

If they went to dominos after it must have been bad.