Are we all in one piece..

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2009, 08:30 AM
yoza
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are we all in one piece..

...after bonfire night ?

For the first year I can remember I/we didnt buy any fireworks to set off at home, we went to an organised display instead.

My garden has overhanging trees, so letting off rockets/airbombs last year was a bit hit and miss.

Half an hour of fireworks to music, very impressive too, and no danger or tidying up afterwards.

I didnt see one bonfire though, anywhere, it rained heavily all day, but stopped for a few hours from 1800hrs onwards.

Total cost £4.00 for a flashing dummie, and a light saber sword, with the most annoying sound ever...

Some idiots still letting them off after 2300hrs, no need in my opinion, and I should imagine it will go on for the next few nights at least.
Old 06 November 2009, 08:33 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Tonight and tomorrow night will be bangtastick for sure.

Be interesting to see how many knuckle draggers and mouth breathers get burnt this year
Old 06 November 2009, 08:35 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

I thought last night was quieter than other years....probably down to the weather or the fact people are skint!!

We're going to the display tomorrow night at Whittakers in Prescot, a few quid spent for a decent dispaly (hopefully)

Old 06 November 2009, 08:46 AM
shamone
Scooby Regular

Organised display for us this year which was v.impressive (also to music). They weren't letting anyone in under 18 who wasn't with their parents either, which made the whole thing much more enjoyable.

Last year we went to Heaton Park and it was full of kids firing rockets out of their hands and trying to steal anything they could get their sticky fingers on.......

The main carnage will be friday / saturday though, when the ******* have got some white lightning down their necks. Avoid the streets if you can!!
Old 06 November 2009, 10:04 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

I went to West Park, and it was smashing. The kids loved it and me like a big saddo had a tiny tear in my eye when I saw their faces light up as the fireworks burst away to Disney music.

It was great, however there were a few of those random inbreed types running the fair and one did scare my son. Nowt that he will lose sleep over though I am sure.

I was hoping to go on the weekend, but I have other plans.
Old 06 November 2009, 10:36 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Organised displays around my area are getting worse. Seems like its an excuse for 11-16 yr olds ot get pi55ed, fight and play on the mandatory pikey fair which comes every year.

Instead, myself and a few other couples have chipped in and brought some fireworks for a party tomorrow night. Ive managed to buy around £300's worth of goodies for £200. Only about 15 individual things, brought from a shop that does professinal displays. Ive also got some chinese lanterns and some other goodies.

Muggins suggested we have it my house, so IVe got about 15 adults and 10 kids, so am hoping the weather holds off until Sunday.

Am hoping it will be fun and the mess isnt that bad.

SBK
Old 06 November 2009, 10:40 AM
scooby-babe
BANNED

" My garden has overhanging trees, so letting off rockets/airbombs last year was a bit hit and miss."

R they the branches u r cutting down during your days off ? X

Trending Topics

Old 06 November 2009, 10:42 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

SBK, do you have laminate/wood floor? Or will you be having a no shoes rule in the house? lol.

10 kids running in and out of my house is not my idea of fun. I do have laminate though, so the a quick mop and all would be done.

Good luck, and have fun!