Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone Hired a supercar?

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2009, 10:29 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone Hired a supercar?

I've done a search but can't seem to find anyone who's actually done it.
I'm getting Married and want sommat a bit tasty to arrive in. I had dreams of a Gallardo/F430 but having looked around the net it is gonna be a **** load of cash for not a lot of use. I could probably wind my neck in a bit and settle for a Corvette or Mustang or sommat similar with a V8 soundtrack but i figured i'd ask the question here first. Don't mind splashing £600-800 for the pleasure (which would probably score me an F355) but can't/won't stump the £2-3k bond which some sites want.
Anyone had any experience with any of this?
Old 28 September 2009, 12:08 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at it last year - wanted to hire an F430 spider for my birthday but it was literally £700 for a day with limited miles. For that amount of money I could spend most of a day ragging multiple supercars around a track rather than taking it easy not wanting to prang it and incurring a stupid XS.

Doesnt help you much I know. Company I was looking at was Prestige or something like that from memory.

Simon
Old 28 September 2009, 12:15 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

How about hiring an old classic or replica, they may be cheaper? E-Type roadster or Cobra replica for example. Maybe even a F355. Plenty of smaller hire companies do it these days.

As it's your wedding then you've got an excuse, but pretending to own a Ferrari is a bit wannabe really. I met this guy in a F599 Fiorano at a pub last summer. We got talking and I think he was a little bit embarrassed to announce that he had only hired it for the day from one of those car clubs!
Old 28 September 2009, 04:40 PM
Diesel_DC
Scooby Regular

Location: Back in Diesel wonderland - 3.0 TDi Quattro A4, with more toys than Ann Summers...lol

An ex of mine hired me a 996 cabrio for a long weekend, wasn't too dear apparently.
Old 28 September 2009, 05:10 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

My ex hired me a 911 for my birthday a number of years back. IIRC it wasn't stupidly expensive, but it was limited mileage, 100 miles in 24 hours which isn't very much if you factor in you having to return the car back to the hire company which in my case was about 15 miles.

She also had to pay a huge Credit Card deposit (£5k) just in case something went 'wrong'. Obviously that was refunded when the car was returned in one peice. (Unlike in this case: YouTube - Lambo crash)
Old 28 September 2009, 05:24 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo2
How about hiring an old classic or replica, they may be cheaper? E-Type roadster or Cobra replica for example. Maybe even a F355. Plenty of smaller hire companies do it these days.

As it's your wedding then you've got an excuse, but pretending to own a Ferrari is a bit wannabe really. I met this guy in a F599 Fiorano at a pub last summer. We got talking and I think he was a little bit embarrassed to announce that he had only hired it for the day from one of those car clubs!
Why does it have to be seen as pretending to own one? Its a special once in a lifetime event (hopefully) and what better to cap it off by getting to drive off to your honeymoon in one of your dream cars. Rock on I say.

Simon
Old 28 September 2009, 05:36 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a shame Nat21 isnt about to help you

I was lucky on my wedding years ago (well apart from the divorce ) and a mate of mine had one of the rare Porsche 's in the country, I think there were only 11 in the UK and he lent it to me for the wedding. It was an absolute ******* to drive with slippy wedding shoes on
Old 28 September 2009, 05:43 PM
Tracktoy1
Scooby Newbie

I think the xs is high to try and stop people just "ragging" the nuts off a car that they don't care about. A friend of mine runs a company that offers a "ride" to an event or wedding showing what the car is capable of but you do not drive. He normally uses his 360 CS
Old 28 September 2009, 06:05 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

How about a dozen Scoobs, see WYIOC for details....

dunx
Old 28 September 2009, 06:15 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tracktoy1
I think the xs is high to try and stop people just "ragging" the nuts off a car that they don't care about. A friend of mine runs a company that offers a "ride" to an event or wedding showing what the car is capable of but you do not drive. He normally uses his 360 CS
would agree. Get a on pistonheads etc etc and see if anyone local will drop you off for a few hundred notes. Ok you won't drive but you'll arrive in the style you'd like and save some cash.

5t.
Old 28 September 2009, 06:44 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fivetide
would agree. Get a on pistonheads etc etc and see if anyone local will drop you off for a few hundred notes. Ok you won't drive but you'll arrive in the style you'd like and save some cash.

5t.
i have a old nissan primera, but i,m not sure about you driving, its rare auto, in chocloate brown
Old 28 September 2009, 09:49 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

I had a courtesy car off skoda (when mine was in for a service) they said the xs on their insurance was £2500, car was a diesel golf ffs