Sponsored by:

Are P1's that expensive to run?

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2001, 09:52 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Just browsing Plantinum Hire's (http://www.platinumhire.com/uk/index.htm) list of cars ('cos I fancy a go in an Elise sometime), and noticed that the only cars which seem more expensive to hire per day than a P1 are Ferraris!

The hire charge is £650 per day, the same as the charge for an Aston V8 Vantage and more than any TVR

Is this due to insurance (you'd be more careful in a TVR than a P1?), or what?

For the price of 2 weeks hire you could *buy* an older WRX with *almost* as much go

If it'd been the £150/day I was expecting, I might have been tempted. Might still have a go in the Elise sometime though...

Steve
Old 16 April 2001, 10:01 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Cool

Steve.

We are the only firm in the UK to be able to source a supplier for the P1. For this supplier it costs them more to Insure the P1 than most of their Porsches and also a few others. This happens to be the owner of the company who are one of our suppliers personal car amongst a few others-XJ220, Mclaren F1 etc etc yet these remain in his garage. It costs Platinum a lot more money than the others.

I am sorry if this seems to expensive, however our hands our tied with some of the cars.

The Tuscan however is a proper good crack. This is because the TVRS get insured in a block, the P1 in a way stands out from the crowd, but hey-Thats traders insurance for you

Kind Regards
Ronnie
Platinum Hire

[This message has been edited by RonaldoH (edited 16 April 2001).]
Old 16 April 2001, 11:48 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks for the reply and mail on the subject too - it's a sad world we live in when cars like the P1 are attcked by thieves such that the insurance is so much higher than the other cars you keep Pretty bl**dy shocking, IMHO.

Reading this and other threads, I can't believe I've been so lucky in the 18 months I've had my old MY97 - touching lots of wood as I type this!

Anyway, good luck with the business, and I'll check out my finances re a day in an Elise

S