Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Holiday Village Turkey

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2009, 07:31 AM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Holiday Village Turkey

Not sure if anyone watched the reports last night on watchdog?? I have noticed that 1st thing this am first choice have now added a note to their website First Choice | Help | Latest news
Cut a long story short we are booked to be traveling to the resort for 2 weeks in June, we are due to get married there too due to family issues here. There is 6 adults and 3 children joinging us, we were a bit aprehensive about getting married there at first due to having to travel a 4 hour journey to the embassy to get our wedding paper work but we decided it would be worth it, we have read many reviews on the resort ect and there was the odd few complaining of illness ect but this was out weighed with the positives. I have spoken to someone in person who too got married there this year and they couldnt rate the place enough. Am in two minds now as to cancel and re-book somewhere else???
Can anyone share their experiance with the resort?
Can anyone recomend another resort for both families but has the wedding's at site??
Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated...
Many Thanks
Old 25 September 2009, 07:52 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

All inclusive shlthole

Just cancel and go to a 1st world country!

The bug they are getting is from the local water......our resevoir had a case of it recently and we had to use bottle water for a week and our water company gave us refunds.
Old 25 September 2009, 09:24 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
All inclusive shlthole

Just cancel and go to a 1st world country!

The bug they are getting is from the local water......our resevoir had a case of it recently and we had to use bottle water for a week and our water company gave us refunds.
I agree - I would suspect the water supply. Meaning that food, swimming pools and drinking water will be contaminated every now and again. Someone should investigate whether a couple of boreholes would be feasible or even a desal' plant. Threaten local water company with court action and they might help

I wouldn't go unless I KNEW it was sorted.

dl (public health graduate).
Old 25 September 2009, 09:34 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Its Months away just keep an eye on it

I am sure during the closed season they will bleach everything to within an inch of its life
Old 25 September 2009, 09:37 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Bleaching won't work.

Cryptosporidiosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 25 September 2009, 09:55 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Hope it goes OK but if your going to the same place AND getting married there you'll take away lovely memories if you have to say your vows on the pot.

Clearly there is a problem there but it can happen anyway. Last time I went to Japfest we stayed in a hotel in Oxfordshire and I was violently ill all day on Sunday. I had to go for lunch for my dads 65th and ended up passing out in the back of the scoob while they ate

Fortunately we know the hotel manager and she put us up for another night because I couldn't drive. I was ill from a posh chinese restuarant in woodstock.

Last edited by EddScott; 25 September 2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 25 September 2009, 10:19 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Where actualy in Turkey is this holiday village ??
Old 25 September 2009, 10:24 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

We're getting married in turkey monday booked through first choice! But we're booked at olu deniz resort .

Ill let you know how it is when I get back.
Old 25 September 2009, 08:33 PM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by antc
We're getting married in turkey monday booked through first choice! But we're booked at olu deniz resort .

Ill let you know how it is when I get back.
That would be great, many thanks, actually rang up today and enquired about moving to that resort and getting married onthe blue lagoon. Hope your day goes to plan, look forward to your feedback
Many thanks
Old 25 September 2009, 08:46 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

i went last year and had a great time, just follow the normal rules of dont drink the water and dont have ice in your drinks. the place its self is really good with loads to do all day. the food is a bit ...... typical turkey to be fair but just make sure u drink bottled water.
Old 26 September 2009, 09:27 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Yeah that's the one we're at blue lagoon, my auntie arrived this morning and said its really nice!
Old 26 September 2009, 10:25 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

If the water is contaminated your screwed: Your salad is washed in it, the people who prepare/handle your food wash with it, your ice is made with it, your glasses and plates and cutlery are washed with it.

I learnt this in egypt. Yup, got the vomiting, fever and the sh*ts.

Advice was to bin all the medication you brought with you and take the local stuff: much much stronger, was in bed for 24hours - as was everyone else in the tour group (barring a 60yr old gent with a hip flask and panama hat). After that, woke up feeling ok and I was good for the rest of the holiday

Pity I can't remember what the drugs were called, as they certainty did the trick.

Contaminated swimming pool is a different issue, and no excuse as its just sloppy management: Its very easy to close it for a few days, drop the PH to 7.0 and put in a large shock dose of non-stabilised chlorine (10 times normal dose) - that will vapourise pretty much any bacteria in there. If a hotel can't manage that simple task (which I have done myself) then I would avoid the place TBH.

Last edited by ALi-B; 26 September 2009 at 10:31 AM.