Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Movies + Pirates =

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2009, 08:16 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Movies + Pirates =

= problems for the film industry just as it did for the music industry who openly admit they reacted too late allowing websites like napster taking advantage to fill a gap in the market.

So, thats said, why are the film industry making the same mistake.

A typical movie at the cinema costs about £7? Plus popcorn and a drink, etc, so about £25-£30 per couple for a night out.

Granted you get all the surround sound, comfy seats, big screen but lets face it, how many of us have all that at home anyway.

Surely it would be a wise move to allow everyone to download high quality (legal) movies directly from the movie makers website for a small, reasonable fee?
Old 14 September 2009, 08:19 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

that pedestal looks awful high mate
Old 14 September 2009, 08:20 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Im sure with your neck you can still hear me ok
Old 14 September 2009, 08:28 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the issue with Movies is that they keep making **** films about Pirates starring 2 dimensional actors such as Johnny depp. Why pay top dollar for a movie when they are releasing such bollox. A good example of sort of turd hollywood qualifies as a blockbuster is Transformers2, I will never ever pay to see that film again.

Another ultimate insult is that they are remaking Flight of the Navigator because it will be an instant hit no matter how **** it is. Pure sellout *****!
Old 14 September 2009, 08:33 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

people who want to see a movie at the cinema will go full stop

I took my son to see the latest Batman (Heath Ledger one), I would never watch it on a home system -- just wouldn't be the same

And I bought the DVD of the same movie at the supermarket on saturday -- it was only £5 a price that seems fair imo and he can watch it on our home system

were the film industry are missing a trick is that they should release all movies free (low res if they want) -- but just have advertising on scrolling along the bottom -- which they woudl sell to fund the download

Borat tha movie -- not even worth £5 imo, and I was quite prepared to download it and watch it on a 3" by 6" windows media player -- which i did -- it would not have bothered me in the slightest with adverts scrolling along the bottom, I just think with my model they would have got something from me downloading it

obviously they would do the same with Batman -- ist just that I would still pay to see it at the cinema -- and but the DVD for £5

but they wont coz they are drug fuelled idiots who have got zero idea

the record industry made me laugh the other day when the put Speech Labelle in front of the media to complain about piracy and whinge what a crime it is -- when her south london crew are probably responsible for 50% of the car crime in Lewsiham -- pathetic

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 14 September 2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 14 September 2009, 09:06 PM
Lisawrx

I think it would be a good idea, providing it wasn't too expensive (cheaper than a new release in shops).

I don't think it would do much harm to the cinema business, as people often do that for the whole day/night out thing, and because they want to see something on the big screen etc. Personally I don't bother, partly due to cost and partly as I can't remember wanting to see something that much I'd pay that much to go to the cinema, I'd rather just wait for it to be on DVD/TV. However, if something was available on download fairly cheaply, I would be tempted.

There will always be those who go down the illegal route, but tbh, if it was only a fiver, I think alot of people would be tempted just because they would be guaranteed a good copy. Afterall, there are probably people paying that for a camcorder copy.
Old 14 September 2009, 09:23 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

This reminds me, I must have a chat with my friend who is a scenic artist in the film industry and find out how he feels about piracy. I know things have slacked off in the last few years but I do not think it is due to piracy it is More to do with it being to expensive to film in Toronto.

Since the writers strike Hollywood has created a bit of stockpile of releases. A good example being one of Jude law's films (repo men - initially know as the reposession mambo) this was filmed late 2007 and due to be released in 2010. There are quite a few others like this as well

personally I think the studios and directors and not forgetting the actors are not being hurt by piracy. Others in the industry perhaps, bt what I'd the studios care about the little people
Old 14 September 2009, 10:40 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boro
Im sure with your neck you can still hear me ok
touché sir
Old 15 September 2009, 09:45 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boro
Granted you get all the surround sound, comfy seats, big screen but lets face it, how many of us have all that at home anyway.
I have
Old 15 September 2009, 09:58 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
people who want to see a movie at the cinema will go full stop

Not so sure. The cost these days really does make me think twice.
Old 15 September 2009, 10:02 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I download quite a few HD Movies from Xbox live, and i pay for them

The problem with pirates, is that it is now full ingrained into society and people don't even see it as a wrong thing.

You only have to see the amount of scummers who brag that they have flashed consoles, or accounts with some website that allows you access to 50mb per millisecond torrents etc etc

They do not see it as a bad thing, i would imagine that they would be rather angry if they themselves were not being paid for work they did, but unless they are put in that position, they will never understand.

I do agree that the cinema is far to costly nowadays, i prefer to just hang on and wait for a proper dvd/hd release and watch it at home in comfort with the big screen and surround sound.

The only time we will ever use a cinema now, for example would be like the last time we did, my car was in for service in town and we needed to kill a few hours.
Old 15 September 2009, 10:10 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Actually, i forgot to add as this is kind of relevant in a bizzare way

One of my regulars owns a pretty big company (about 25 shops), mainly dealing with computer games but they also do dvds, i was cleaning his DB9 one day and his in car cd collection was all copied CDR`s!!!?!

Nothing to do with costs at all, more to do with not really giving a toss imo!