Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tunring veggie

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2009, 06:22 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tunring veggie

Anyone done this, im curious because i've been eating plenty of fresh fruit ad veg and i have to admit i feel fantastic for it and i was thinking of going all the way, don't get me wrong it's not because of the animals more for the healthy lifestile side of it, plus i have a local shop that does some fantastic grub.
Old 12 September 2009, 06:33 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not eaten meat since I was 13, Im now 32 and I not only feel great but my body is thanking me for it.
I will never know if its genetic or my lifestyle but I am not suffering from any of the inflictions friends from school have, no middle age spread, No grey hair, no dodgy joints, No rotting guts etc etc.

It doesnt suit everyone but it has suited me. I am not pasty, I am not thin, I am not gaunt. I feel and look healthy and happy.

I cant recommend it enough. I have no desire to have meat rotting in my colon whilst I spend 1 hour on the toilet trying to free my body from the rest of the undigested meat that is forcing its way out.

You will now get a long list of horrible posts about how its wrong, How its not natural and so on (for the record we evolved from the great ape, which is.....a veggie) but trust me I cant think of having any other diet.
Never bloated
No heartburn
less sweating
Feel light and balanced most the time.

Give it a crack, If you feel worse in a month or two just head out to Burger king and get back on the meat, no harm in trying.
Old 12 September 2009, 06:33 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

If it's not for the animals then go vegi but give yourself the luxury of a lamb bhuna or a bacon sandwich at the weekend

Steve

Last edited by Steve vRS; 12 September 2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Smilie correction!
Old 12 September 2009, 06:38 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Im not a veggie but my g/f and her family are, so i often eat veggie food. Believe me when i say, its not a diet of fruit and veg. Veggies have some crackin meat substitutes, many of which i would struggle to tell are fake.

Fake bacon is ace! Nothing like bacon at all, but it still tastes good.

We make veggie double decker sarnies, bacon, sausage, egg, tom sauce. Man i can almost taste it now!
Old 12 September 2009, 08:00 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Originally Posted by Timwinner
I have not eaten meat since I was 13, Im now 32 and I not only feel great but my body is thanking me for it.
I will never know if its genetic or my lifestyle but I am not suffering from any of the inflictions friends from school have, no middle age spread, No grey hair, no dodgy joints, No rotting guts etc etc.

It doesnt suit everyone but it has suited me. I am not pasty, I am not thin, I am not gaunt. I feel and look healthy and happy.

I cant recommend it enough. I have no desire to have meat rotting in my colon whilst I spend 1 hour on the toilet trying to free my body from the rest of the undigested meat that is forcing its way out.

You will now get a long list of horrible posts about how its wrong, How its not natural and so on (for the record we evolved from the great ape, which is.....a veggie) but trust me I cant think of having any other diet.
Never bloated
No heartburn
less sweating
Feel light and balanced most the time.

Give it a crack, If you feel worse in a month or two just head out to Burger king and get back on the meat, no harm in trying.
True hmm, i have to adjust my eating habits a bit more, it won't be that hard an adjustment like i said im very nearly there anyway i just have the odd beef sarnie for breakfast so it would be nice to find a veggie alternative there, something with that fake bacon perhaps.

Lol im salivating already.

The reason im asking is since i've been on this diet and really watching what i eat, lots of greens and omega 3's with not a whole lot of meat like you say i feel lighter and happier inside, conincidence meh perhaps but it's got me interested for sure.

Do you know of any good websites to help me along and give me some ideas whilst im at it?

I do have a very nice humous pita in the fridge, crammed with chickpeas, seeds and nuts and beans just awash with all sorts, got me some low fat sour cream and chives so will be devouring that come tomorrow.

Argie browns also have things like fruit and granola compote with thick yoghurt that is scrummy, or garlic and mushroom pizza.

Last edited by hux309; 12 September 2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12 September 2009, 08:21 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Here a few places to help you along. I would ignore the other stuff, just look at the food bits.
The Vegetarian Society
PETA2 // The Stuff // What to Eat
Vegetarian Nutrition Guide
Viva! - Vegetarians International Voice for Animals

Also pan frying sesame seeds and a bit of salt along with the fake bacon gives it the same smell as real bacon!!
Old 12 September 2009, 08:23 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I only eat steak from vegetarian cows
Old 13 September 2009, 12:40 AM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

been a veggie 30 yearsfeeling good
Old 13 September 2009, 01:08 AM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

I'm 44 and have never eaten meat voluntarily. My mother tells me that I wouldn't eat anything with meat in including baby foods. She has always said I must have been a cow in a previous life and don't eat meat in case I eat someone I know.
I have never eaten meat, fish or poultry. I love cooking it all but just the thought of eating it makes me feel as though I will vomit. 44 years and my biggest wish is to be able to eat a nice juicy steak.

Last edited by magepaster; 13 September 2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 13 September 2009, 04:05 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

I like both meat and veg, a good balance of both but I tend to go for more veg in my diet due to the obvious benefits (meat eaters should really try to supplement their intake with fruit and veg on a daily basis).

But sorry, from a nutritional perspective unless you are getting in some additional protein through some other source you will end up lacking in that area.

However not to say there aren't any options, Tofu and Soya based products like the Qourn (spelt sumink like dat) are a good source to boost your protein levels or you could always go for a protein shake (Whey based).

I stay clear of red meat generally but I could never give up my chicken!
Old 13 September 2009, 10:28 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

"Yes of course there's a vegitarian option..........

.........they can **** off"

Frankie Boyle

If God didn't want us to eat animals then why did he make them out of meat
Old 13 September 2009, 10:39 PM
james04
Scooby Regular

meat is murder and murder tastse pretty dam good.

dennis leary
Old 13 September 2009, 10:46 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by finalzero
I like both meat and veg, a good balance of both but I tend to go for more veg in my diet due to the obvious benefits (meat eaters should really try to supplement their intake with fruit and veg on a daily basis).

But sorry, from a nutritional perspective unless you are getting in some additional protein through some other source you will end up lacking in that area.

However not to say there aren't any options, Tofu and Soya based products like the Qourn (spelt sumink like dat) are a good source to boost your protein levels or you could always go for a protein shake (Whey based).

I stay clear of red meat generally but I could never give up my chicken!
Incorrect: The Vegetarian Society - Information Sheet - protein. It's easy to get enough protein in a vegetarian diet. People tend to have too much of the stuff, and that can be bad for you.
Old 13 September 2009, 10:55 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Talking

I am a great believer in a balanced diet.

Aussie Steak Sandwich in one hand and a pint of lager in the other.
Old 13 September 2009, 10:59 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Only one reasonable response to this thread is required...

YouTube - Jonathan Meades J'accuse Vegetarians 1 of 3

YouTube - Jonathan Meades J'accuse Vegetarians 2 of 3

and...

YouTube - Jonathan Meades J'accuse Vegetarians 3 of 3

Meades... his original classic...
Old 13 September 2009, 11:01 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by james04
meat is murder and murder tastse pretty dam good.

dennis leary
Yea but, Dennis Leary could spell...

Old 13 September 2009, 11:41 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Yea but, Dennis Leary could spell...

Yes including his Christian name which is spelt Denis.

People in glass houses and all that
Old 14 September 2009, 12:05 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Yes including his Christian name which is spelt Denis.

People in glass houses and all that

Wrong thread...

heres yours...

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...nel-5-now.html

Old 14 September 2009, 12:25 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Why would I want to watch a movie with you in it?
Old 14 September 2009, 11:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We eat far more fish than meat now, luckily it is vary fresh and a big variety down here. Don't seem to miss meat at all very much.

les
Old 14 September 2009, 01:45 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

When I was 16, I decided to stop eating meat. I had several reasons to do so that I don't want to mention here. Truth is, that I am now 35 years old and I haven't touched meat ever since. I realised that after a while my skin looked much better and the sense to smell became more sensitive. Nowadays it's pretty easy to find vegetarian food everywhere and even in restaurants they usually have special menues. IMO the best food as a vegetarian is asian, italian and mexican. Maybe you want to give it a try. Oh yeah, don't think that you will loose weight as a vegetarian. I currently weight 105 Kgs.
Old 14 September 2009, 05:58 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

You know guys, fun aside don't knock it until you've tried it, im currently having a fantastic pita bread stuffed with fake sausage that tastes almost like the the real thing, caramelised onions, shredded carrots/lettuce peppers, chickpeas, humus all sorts and it's mmmmmmmm yum!!

At least give it a try you might be surprised.

Well be on it for a few days and hmm how can i explain it, i feel calmer if that makes much sense i don't feel stressed but im not indifferent either.

I shall continue and see what happens so far it's a thumbs up for me.

Like swiss says it's surprisingly easy nowadays to find veggie alternatives especially now a lot of people are mad about eating their greens anyway.

Oh and the three into one monster mouth ulcer i've had for days, it's healing up unusually rapidly and i've bounced back from feeling crappy these past days.

Last edited by hux309; 14 September 2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 16 September 2009, 12:14 AM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
You know guys, fun aside don't knock it until you've tried it, im currently having a fantastic pita bread stuffed with fake sausage that tastes almost like the the real thing, caramelised onions, shredded carrots/lettuce peppers, chickpeas, humus all sorts and it's mmmmmmmm yum!!

Well be on it for a few days and hmm how can i explain it, i feel calmer if that makes much sense i don't feel stressed but im not indifferent either.

Like swiss says it's surprisingly easy nowadays to find veggie alternatives especially now a lot of people are mad about eating their greens anyway.

Oh and the three into one monster mouth ulcer i've had for days, it's healing up unusually rapidly and i've bounced back from feeling crappy these past days.
Gosh, woke me up, your topic.
It's ok, you can be a veggie and love Subarus.
I am and do.
Old 16 September 2009, 12:18 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vegescoob
Gosh, woke me up, your topic.
It's ok, you can be a veggie and love Subarus.
I am and do.
Yo, grazing person.
Old 16 September 2009, 12:33 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309

Actually the fake stuff is damn tasty and when I get sick of eating chicken and potatoes every day forever I switch to the the veggie stuff but I couldn't give up meat unless someone proved it was harmful for me.
Old 16 September 2009, 12:35 AM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Yo, grazing person.
Yo back, Muppet.
Or, is that ex Muppet?
Where's the fun gone?
Old 16 September 2009, 08:48 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Originally Posted by finalzero
Actually the fake stuff is damn tasty and when I get sick of eating chicken and potatoes every day forever I switch to the the veggie stuff but I couldn't give up meat unless someone proved it was harmful for me.

Well i do have to admit i am missing it if not by a tiny but as i do have a few chicken breasts sitting in the freezer but so far i have resisted all temptation, i want to see if eating like this does gain any benefits.

The sausage umm it tasted like your garden variety herb stuffed sausage only not as greasy it was very nice, but there just wasn't enough of it.

I have some fake spicy chorizo and will attempt to knock up my own pita bread only this time with chilli and mushrooms stuffed in there as well, could have some interesting results.

I do have a tiny bit less energy but that could be down to my being more relaxed so we'll see how things go, like you and others have said i can always switch back if it's not for me no biggie.

Lamb bhuna, does that have to be with a pint of john smiths?

On a side note, im also clearing out a sight faster.

Last edited by hux309; 16 September 2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 16 September 2009, 09:32 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

I went Vegiquarian (sic?) for a couple of years. Really enjoyed it - lost a stone, and felt a lot better.

Then a boys week away in France put an end to that... its sooo hard to resist a BBQ when you have had a skin full and the only non meat energy source on offer is more beer...

That was a few years ago now. Keep trying to persuade the mrs to go for it for a while, but she likes meat too much.
Old 16 September 2009, 10:09 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid
Keep trying to persuade the mrs to go for it for a while, but she likes meat too much.
Nowt wrong with that

Chop
Old 16 September 2009, 10:11 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Haha i wasn't going to go there.