Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Police are arseholes at times

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2009, 09:30 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Police are arseholes at times

Ok i know they are just doing their job but really sometimes they make me wonder

Today we had the Tall Ship Festival thing in Belfast and the ships sail past a local town near me with a population of 3. So offs me and the girlfriend went to watch these ships set sail home only to find this place which only has parking spaces for its 3 residents was packed beyond belief! So throwing caution to the wind i parked on double yellow lines along with some other cars at the coast front.

The 2 cars which were about 10yards infront of me were both people carriers and were carrying a few older folks in who needed wheelchairs etc. As they were sorting themselves getting out and unfolding bits and bobs, a police car sat up the road a bit doing **** all as per usual then as soon as the cars were locked and everyone was settled down the popped. They did a U-Turn all 4 of them jumped out of their car, had a look at mine and ignored it and then set on the 2 people carriers and got them all to pack back up and move.

WTF? what were they playing at? I was sitting there eating an ice-cream in the drivers seat yet they just stared at my car (possibley because 10yards was too far to walk) yet they picked on 2 people carriers that they knew from watching was transporting disabled elderly people?

I really wanted to tell them to go get a life! Laws are laws but for Gods sake use your ****ing discretion!

Last edited by Jamz3k; 16 August 2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 16 August 2009, 09:33 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without knowing what was said and based on what its hard to really say much about that mate.
On face value it sounds a bit unfair, but if there was more to it you may never know.
Old 16 August 2009, 09:44 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats very true but the fact is these people were not going to beable to get parked within half a mile of coast by the time they had to move.
Old 16 August 2009, 09:57 PM
rabbos
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Without knowing what was said and based on what its hard to really say much about that mate.
On face value it sounds a bit unfair, but if there was more to it you may never know.
Yeah it was probably a highly orchestrated sting operation to nab those responsible for a string of stena stairlift thefts.
Old 16 August 2009, 10:08 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

Hassling the citizens does seem to be in some of their job descriptions.
Just as others are entirely normal and sensible.
Bit like every other walk of life.
Old 16 August 2009, 10:49 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rabbos
Yeah it was probably a highly orchestrated sting operation to nab those responsible for a string of stena stairlift thefts.
There you go then
Old 17 August 2009, 12:27 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

If they had disabled parking badges they can park pretty much anywhere (according to my dad, who has one) Not sure of the rules for the rest of us - single yellows don't count on a Sunday?

Either way - The police need to start waking up to the fact that if they continue to target people in this way there will be a MASSIVE BACKLASH.

Think on Dibble - WE, THE PUBLIC, EMPLOY YOU!
Old 17 August 2009, 12:33 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by jods

Think on Dibble - WE, THE PUBLIC, EMPLOY YOU!
Cops also pay taxes to pay for cops. So that means that cops are actually self-employed
Old 17 August 2009, 12:42 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Cops also pay taxes to pay for cops. So that means that cops are actually self-employed
So, in actual fact, any copper can legitimately complain that their boss is an arsehole!

Cool. Bonus.
Old 17 August 2009, 12:44 AM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

So the police moved on some vehicles that were parked on double yellow lines?............isn't it illegal to park on double yellows in Ireland like it is over here?
Old 17 August 2009, 08:01 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Where the people carriers directly across from anyones drive or close to a junction maybe where as you werent ?
Old 17 August 2009, 08:03 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fabioso
So the police moved on some vehicles that were parked on double yellow lines?............isn't it illegal to park on double yellows in Ireland like it is over here?
That is the way i read it!
Old 17 August 2009, 08:04 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Maybe the local people who are permitted to park there phoned the police to complain about the other cars, and they are now on a forum somewhere saying what a good job the Police did by moving the "offending" vehicles?
Old 17 August 2009, 11:33 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Don't have any problems parking on double yellows here with a blue badge around here unless it is an unloading zone.

Les
Old 17 August 2009, 03:35 PM
JamJay
Scooby Regular

What you don't know about is the illegal street racing these two people carriers were probably doing before pulling up
Old 17 August 2009, 07:08 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

May be the police were concerned with the vulnerable occupants (as you mentioned old folk requiring wheelchairs) being unloaded in an unsuitable place. I mean some of those old dears can be pretty frail and so I could see how that might influence their decision and choose not to move you on.

Like any profession the police will get their fair share of "liabilities" but sometimes the reason or context of why they acted in the way they did may not be fully known by joe public and so conclusions get drawn which may simply be a misunderstanding.
Old 17 August 2009, 07:10 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
So, in actual fact, any copper can legitimately complain that their boss is an arsehole!

Cool. Bonus.
Hence while I'll never get promoted above PC Not that I ever would complain, as they know what sites I post on