Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

daughters got that swine of a flu

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2009, 10:45 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default daughters got that swine of a flu

hello all, just confirmed off the nurse at the doctors that it sounds like my 3 yr old has possable swine flu...got to go and collect an otherisation form from the docs so i can get some Tamy Flu for her
Old 23 July 2009, 11:05 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fingers crossed for your little one

There has been a case at our little one's nursery this week
Old 23 July 2009, 11:40 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole swine flu situation is a little weird as my daughter was diagnosed with Swine flu last night by the helpline {nhs direct I think} but she went to the doctors this morning and she has only got a chest infrection and was given antibiotics...strange really I wonder how many people are being treated for swine flu that actually don't have it but something else?

I hope your daughter gets well soon m8. :-)
Old 23 July 2009, 12:25 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks for the comments, she has a very high temperature,loss of appetite, tiredness, upset tummy..symptoms of swine flu thats why i rang the nurse. got to keep her indoors for 5 days and give her tamy flu twice aday for 5 days
Old 23 July 2009, 12:50 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Probably thousands by the end of this week now you can pretty much self diagnose with no doctors getting involved.

Originally Posted by PaulC72
The whole swine flu situation is a little weird as my daughter was diagnosed with Swine flu last night by the helpline {nhs direct I think} but she went to the doctors this morning and she has only got a chest infrection and was given antibiotics...strange really I wonder how many people are being treated for swine flu that actually don't have it but something else?

I hope your daughter gets well soon m8. :-)
Old 23 July 2009, 12:55 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Same happenned to my mates little girl.

Constantly tired, sore throat, loss of appetite, running a bit of a temp. The person on the other end of the phone has diagnosed her with Swine Flu.
Old 23 July 2009, 03:20 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

My 16 month old was sent home from nursery today with a very high temperature. At 9 he was fine, at 10 he was 39C.

At 1pm he at a MASSIVE lunch even for him the greedy gob and his temperature was back to normal.

I have been ill for three days with a flu-ey feeling in my stomach. I have had no appetite to speak of, although did enjoy lunch today. But my temp is completely normal, even a little cool.

Who knows!

Good luck with yours
Old 23 July 2009, 03:36 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rannoch
My 16 month old was sent home from nursery today with a very high temperature. At 9 he was fine, at 10 he was 39C.

At 1pm he at a MASSIVE lunch even for him the greedy gob and his temperature was back to normal.

I have been ill for three days with a flu-ey feeling in my stomach. I have had no appetite to speak of, although did enjoy lunch today. But my temp is completely normal, even a little cool.

Who knows!

Good luck with yours
Same here. I have been a bit off the last few days, with what I could describe as a heavy cold/upset stomach. Strange thing is (unless my thermometer is broken) my temperature is reading really low, about 35 ish, despite feeling really hot alot of the time.
Old 23 July 2009, 03:57 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I don't even feel like I have a temperature although I have decided not to work (hence misbehaving on here all day).

I have measured it two or three times a day and taken my temperature as well. 36.2-36.9C which is pretty normal to cool for oral.
Old 23 July 2009, 10:58 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

reckon we have had it too. No big shakes; just get some good oincment!