Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Stupidity, incompetence, faceless, idiotic, thick, condescending

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2009, 09:33 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Unhappy Stupidity, incompetence, faceless, idiotic, thick, condescending

What kind of person or organisation allows a connecting train service to leave a station just as the incoming train pulls in and opens the doors? Well the platform staff at Doncaster station do.

I just struggle to get my head around how stupid a person or organisation has to be to even comprehend doing something like that.
And then when you complain, I got some condescending ****** tell me that trains are not like motorways and cars, and that another train needs to have a clear signal in front of it. So whilst that maybe technically correct, it hardly explains why you would not hold a train for 30 seconds so that people could use it as the intended connecting service.

But who do you complain to? Other than vent your spleen at the station staff who have no idea what the words customer and service mean, what can you do? Writing a letter is a waste of time, and who would you address it to anyway?

It saddens me to say it, but I can see why people who work in such jobs get attacked - I could feel myself loosing it today and had to walk away, but a minority of people are not like me, and may well have let their fists do the talking
Old 22 July 2009, 09:39 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Day then?
Old 22 July 2009, 09:41 PM
darts_aint_sport
Scooby Regular

How long for the next train?
Old 22 July 2009, 09:52 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by darts_aint_sport
How long for the next train?
25 minutes.

Yes, I know it's only a short time, but my Mrs was waiting for me at another station, and I had no means of contacting her. So she cleared off home when I didn't arrive, rang me when she got back home, only to have to put the kids back in the car to come and pick me up.

To be honest, its not the time, nor the wife and kids thing that gets me, its just the lunacy in not holding a train for all of 30 seconds so people have time to run/walk down the platform to catch it.
Old 22 July 2009, 10:05 PM
darts_aint_sport
Scooby Regular

Fair enough. 25 mins is long enough to be a PITA. If you'd have said 5 mins, I may have had a bit of sympathy for the station staff, but 25 mins is taking the pi55.
Old 22 July 2009, 11:12 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's the problem with modern day Britain, no fecking common sense, courtesy, customer service or politeness.

Or some jobsworth has decided for one reason or another and/or on H&S grounds that its too dangerous to let the train wait for 30s, or some other crap. We're all doomed But don't worry! Gordon will fix it

Last edited by bioforger; 22 July 2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 23 July 2009, 01:13 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Problem is, when 7-8 trains over the course of the day are a little bit late, all adding up to 10 mins, and your train gets cancelled to stop at that station because there is no platform for it to stop at, then its just as wrong.

Sadly the schedules are so rigid they have to do it.
I would say that to allow people to safely leave their train and join the new train, then close the doors etc, would take a few mins rather than seconds.

BUT....... I hate trains anyway, most forms of public transport **** me off. And its things like the situation the OP ended up in that make driving my preference ( not always practical I know)