Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I don't think this is the way to save money.........

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2009, 10:08 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't think this is the way to save money.........

5m motorists to have crime victim compensation slashed | Mail Online

If you have suffered as a result of a serious crime why should you receive less compensation if you have a speeding ticket? Surely the trauma both physical and mental are just the same?
Old 22 July 2009, 10:55 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Depends on whether you think that you are considered correctly to be a criminal if you have been caught for speeding!

Les
Old 22 July 2009, 11:03 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

FFS give it a rest les!

Your telling me that if you got done for 36 in a 30 4 years ago, and you were due a load of compo this year for whatever reason, and the government take away 30 percent of that for no other reason that because of the speeding ticket, you would be ok with that?

Labour are truly the WORST bunch of ***** to ever run this country!
Old 22 July 2009, 11:17 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Les, if you truely believe what you are writing them you are a class one tit.
Old 22 July 2009, 11:20 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

So they will not reduce the payment to a child molester (see felix's thread) but motorists get penalised - just show where the goverments priorities lie - Only in the UK, it is like living in a Monty python sketch
Old 22 July 2009, 01:13 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
FFS give it a rest les!

Your telling me that if you got done for 36 in a 30 4 years ago, and you were due a load of compo this year for whatever reason, and the government take away 30 percent of that for no other reason that because of the speeding ticket, you would be ok with that?

Labour are truly the WORST bunch of ***** to ever run this country!
What on earth are you and Myrthedge talking about? Where did I say that I agreed with those proposals?

Just try reading what I said again if you don't mind! You really should be more careful before you make an assumption and jump the gun like that!

Just in case that is too difficult for you, I inferred that if you agreed with that proposal, then it meant that you would have to agree that a speeding offence was a criminal act. No sane person could possibly go along with that or any other of the offences which are now regarded by these numpties as criminal offences.

I suggest that you both take care that you understand a post properly before you start jumping up and down like that.

Les
Old 22 July 2009, 02:27 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Les, dear chap, I am afraid it is the poorly worded text by you that has caused the issue.

No trouble caused though
Old 22 July 2009, 05:37 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

The British Motorist - The most hardened criminal and must be punished at all costs.
Old 23 July 2009, 12:40 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Motorcyclist Kevin Faulkner, 54 from Chester was stopped in North Wales, he was riding under the speed limit, his bike received a thorough check, number plate size, exhaust etc, as there was nothing to prosecute he was given an Asbo, he had committed no offence, it was issued for 'his riding manner' purely because he was on a motorcycle.
Old 23 July 2009, 02:45 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
Les, dear chap, I am afraid it is the poorly worded text by you that has caused the issue.

No trouble caused though
It is not in the least bit poorly worded. It is straightforward plain English. The mistake is in the interpretation you put on it by not reading it properly and by making an assumption.

Not surprisingly I took exception to the abuse I received from you and the other chap, who like you seems to be unable to retract it!

Les
Old 23 July 2009, 02:49 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
Motorcyclist Kevin Faulkner, 54 from Chester was stopped in North Wales, he was riding under the speed limit, his bike received a thorough check, number plate size, exhaust etc, as there was nothing to prosecute he was given an Asbo, he had committed no offence, it was issued for 'his riding manner' purely because he was on a motorcycle.
He has a good reason then for going absolutely ballistic over that! Is that part of the patch of that obnoxious chief constable who wants to fine all motorists on sight?

Les
Old 23 July 2009, 03:04 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phase 2 of this scheme will see a further reduction for people who didn't vote labour at the last general election.

Almost believable isn't it?
Old 24 July 2009, 02:43 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What a disappointment it is to see that a couple who saw fit to abuse someone because they did not take the time to understand what had been said do not appear to have the strength of character to apologise when their error has been pointed out to them!

Les
Old 24 July 2009, 05:39 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by Leslie
What a disappointment it is to see that a couple who saw fit to abuse someone because they did not take the time to understand what had been said do not appear to have the strength of character to apologise when their error has been pointed out to them!

Les
To me your post looked like you agree with the slashing of compensation for minor road offences, i took it as " dont speed and you wont be classed as a criminal, thus not have your compo reduced" which to me is bollocks, cos speeding shouldnt be a "criminal" offence (i.e serious enought to warrant staying on record and being brought up in future correspondance)

I am man enough to apologise if i got the wrong end of the stick, so

SORRY

But takin your previous views into account, i thought you agreed with the policy!

can we be friends again?
Old 25 July 2009, 11:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
To me your post looked like you agree with the slashing of compensation for minor road offences, i took it as " dont speed and you wont be classed as a criminal, thus not have your compo reduced" which to me is bollocks, cos speeding shouldnt be a "criminal" offence (i.e serious enought to warrant staying on record and being brought up in future correspondance)

I am man enough to apologise if i got the wrong end of the stick, so

SORRY

But takin your previous views into account, i thought you agreed with the policy!

can we be friends again?
Thanks for your apology, fully accepted and the matter is now forgotten.

Les