Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Never got the JOB

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2009, 07:09 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never got the JOB

Hey all after waiting for an eternity for the interview to come around after it was re schedules twice for the store managers job in polo ralph lauren cheshire oaks i never got the job.
Here is the back ground i started with the company september 2007 and was employed as an assistant manager and within 5 weeks i was running the store as the manager went off to have a baby the district manager was originally going have support sent in the formof another store manager but as they were so happy my performance they left the store in my charge with very little follow up......
Anyhow 9 moths passed with one manager down and i still kept sales to a fantastic level finishing in a big+ for the financial and a $7 million all time record!
The store manager returned a few months back and it was very difficult to change back to a following role always running decisions through someone else wasnt fun but got on with it and hoped she would either get pregnant again(lol) or that she couldnt cope as it happened i turned down the opportunity of applying for two store managers jobs one in portsmouth due to distance and one in York as my newly qualified teacher wife to be had just got her 1st teachers job and it couldnt have worked with getting married this year.
So i made my position clear thati was going to put all my eggs into one basket so to speak and hope for the position to become available at the store i was in.
I had my appraisal shortly after her return and it went from all th praise in th world to i havent performed!!! one particlar thing was aggressive comunication towards staff which is hilarious as the staff love working for me and are all currently gutted i never got the job.
Hey presto after many half days and sick calls she finally hands her notice in and does very little until she goes and made it clear this is your responsibility now end of....
So i continue to do as i did before plan out future weeks and organise the store as my own currently +30% vs Year to date plan and 40% up on quarter one!!
I wait for ages for the interview it was re scheduled due to spposed sickness but now looking at it was waiting for a decision from another candidate so the interviews could be held on the same day instead of doing two journies.
I get told there hes been someone from a store in london apply but it isnt an outlet so totally different kettle of fish so wasnt too worried as i have done the job for ages and succeeded in all that had done.
So my interview had been conducted come out happy i had performed i had undertaken a swot analysis of the store and the centre and was told how good it was and it'd be good for head office to see it and the rest of the management team to see,so looked really positive.
Then..... the next candidate arrives the guy who used to be the assistant manager at the cheshire oaks store and then moved to york to be store manager and by all accounts did a god job in turning a poor performing store around but then got bored of a low turnover store and moved to bicester in oxford and become the assistant manager of the flag ship store basically same money as the store manager position at my store would be as it is a massive turnover store $1,000,000 a month!!
So anyway he has his interview and comes out has a chat with him as i know him says store looks fantastic and that id done a GOOD job lol and says if i get it we will be a good team but if you get it all the best.
But i know he is highly regarded across stores,headoffice and is a brow nose at the best of times.
I have the call today to say im unsuccessful and that she was so sorry but if he hadnt applyed it was mine like that is a consolation!! and that as he has been a store manager before he is more qualified to do the job!!
So lesson learnt today nothing is guarenteed no matter how hard you have worked.
Old 18 June 2009, 07:49 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

Gutted mate! Keep ya chin up
Old 19 June 2009, 02:21 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

tell me about it.still get married next month and have lots of things to be content with