Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Outraged by our ridiculous PM

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2009, 11:07 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Outraged by our ridiculous PM

I am not normally one to be outraged at politics - it is all part of the game. However our unelected PM has now taken the biscuit!!

Britain's Got Talent runner-up Susan Boyle has been taken to a private London clinic with exhaustion.

A woman was taken voluntarily by ambulance to a clinic, police said.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown told GMTV that he had spoken to Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan to check on Boyle's progress.
What the **** is our Prime Minister doing spending time with GMTV when his political party is about to suffer the greatest setback in voting by a major party, ever; when the Government is in disarray; the economy needs vital support and one of our key manufacturers is about to go bust?

Yes, he is spending time calling people and the show and then a populist morning show about a talent show participant that half the country seems to hate anyway!

Humph!
Old 01 June 2009, 11:10 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

They look a little similar and both are scottish - perhaps they are related?

Either that or he didn't vote for Disleyxic Yoof or whatever they were called
Old 01 June 2009, 11:12 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Clinging on to popular people in a desperate attempt to get some support again.
Pathetic.

Yes its a nice gesture, but im sure he could be doing more. Like sacking Darling.

"He has been an excellent Chancellor" Yeah, and is great at cooking the books with his own expenses too. If he has that little respect for our money, he should not be handling it.
Old 01 June 2009, 11:56 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...tains-got.html
Old 01 June 2009, 11:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spooky Mulder
I am not normally one to be outraged at politics - it is all part of the game. However our unelected PM has now taken the biscuit!!

What the **** is our Prime Minister doing spending time with GMTV when his political party is about to suffer the greatest setback in voting by a major party, ever; when the Government is in disarray; the economy needs vital support and one of our key manufacturers is about to go bust?

Yes, he is spending time calling people and the show and then a populist morning show about a talent show participant that half the country seems to hate anyway!

Humph!
She cant have been hated that badly really with the actual votes that she got in comparison with Diversity.

I certainly agree with you about Flash scraping the barrel for any bit of support that he thinks (erroneously) he might get by showing concern for her. What a plonker especially when everything else is falling about our ears in this country at the moment.

Les
Old 01 June 2009, 01:06 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I think it was a nice touch .......

After all - SEVEN times as many people voted in this variety show than will vote in the forthcoming elections.
Old 01 June 2009, 01:10 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Apologies to Warrenm2 - the bar steward got there before me with the cartoons

Dave
hehe - you'll be quicker next time Im sure!
Old 01 June 2009, 01:11 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Unfortuately the slop sided pic has been ill-advised - nobody in their right mind is persuaded that the geezer has credentials, Bambi was cringe worthy ,this is something else
Old 01 June 2009, 04:25 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

If it was genuine concern then why go public with it?

And it is a great point about who paid for the calls - how is this in the public interest. At best it is political, so I hope he used a Labour mobile, not a Government one.

And to Leslie's point, I did say half, and given that Diversity got 25% of the vote she clearly got less than that. So out of 18.4 million 'fans' only a small percentage (10% at a guess) actually voted for her.

I feel sorry for her, that even after she has fallen she is being used as a pawn in our PM's game.
Old 01 June 2009, 06:17 PM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

Shame Mr Brown couldn't find time to phone the relatives of the service men who lost their lives serving our country in Afghanistan yesterday as opposed to checking up on a reality TV looser
Old 02 June 2009, 03:07 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stuart n
Shame Mr Brown couldn't find time to phone the relatives of the service men who lost their lives serving our country in Afghanistan yesterday as opposed to checking up on a reality TV looser
Spot on

The guy is an effin clown

Originally Posted by Gordo Clown
“But also to praise Diversity, just an amazing success for Britain and that will go right round the world.”
Get a hold of yourself Brown, ****e comments like this when a lot of our business' are f*cked, beggar belief.

I always thought Blair was out of touch but Clown takes the biscuit, so out of his depth in so many areas..
Old 02 June 2009, 11:32 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

If it was genuine concern then why go public with it?

And it is a great point about who paid for the calls - how is this in the public interest. At best it is political, so I hope he used a Labour mobile, not a Government one.

And to Leslie's point, I did say half, and given that Diversity got 25% of the vote she clearly got less than that. So out of 18.4 million 'fans' only a small percentage (10% at a guess) actually voted for her.

I feel sorry for her, that even after she has fallen she is being used as a pawn in our PM's game.
The voting must be more complicated than I thought then. I saw in a paper that she got around 20K votes to Diversity's 24K.

Les
Old 02 June 2009, 12:12 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

And all the while, ZaNuLab continue the politics of Goebbels. What on earth is meant by Mandelson's uttering of "My esteem for him has grown as I've worked more closely with him. He has grown internationally. It is fair for the public to recognise that" (Telegraph 02/06/2009)

Fair? Fair?!?! Mandelson seems to imply that to NOT recognise the greatness of our beloved leader is in some way unfair, the unworthy act of the ingrate.

Meanwhile Beckett pronounces that Mr Brown's economic credentials meant it would be wrong to try to oust him. Well there I am in agreement. He got us into the mess, so only fair he should be strapped to the bonnet when the car hits the wall. Susan Boyle's exit stage left to the Priory will be but a guttering candle to the supernova of Beloved Brown's final descent into the abyss.

The continued insistence that all is well - now back to sleep little children, combined with the mendacious, twisted moral stance of the party machine really do bring to mind that old faithful quote from Goebbels, so oft repeated on these pages:

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State"
Old 02 June 2009, 01:11 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Nuts. I misread the title and thought someone had sent you a cr@ppy private message. But as I neither care about the PM nor BGT I'll get my coat.
Old 02 June 2009, 02:10 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

All seems fair comment to me UB.

Les
Old 02 June 2009, 08:51 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
The voting must be more complicated than I thought then. I saw in a paper that she got around 20K votes to Diversity's 24K.

Les
I presume you actually mean 20%.

I go back to my generalisation that 'half' (that is 50%) of the country seem to hate her.

20% of those that voted which in itself was less than half the viewers, which in itself is less than a third of the population does not seem to offer much evidence to counter my view - albeit a figure of speech.
Old 03 June 2009, 02:24 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I presume you actually mean 20%.

I go back to my generalisation that 'half' (that is 50%) of the country seem to hate her.

20% of those that voted which in itself was less than half the viewers, which in itself is less than a third of the population does not seem to offer much evidence to counter my view - albeit a figure of speech.
There must be a mistake somewhere then. I was sure I saw the difference was between 20K and 24 K votes. I'll never find where I read it now though.

Les