Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Trying to kick my Dad off his bike...

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2009, 07:47 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Trying to kick my Dad off his bike...

My dad is 64 going on 65 and goes out on this bike to keep himself fit... in the last few weeks two different gangs have tried to kick him off his bike.

The last luckily tried it on the guy in front, so he was expecting it and moved well away from them.. the first got very close to him as he wobbled away from them ..

About 4 years ago he had a heart attack so I'm thinking kicking him off his bike could actually be murder ...

Why ?? what is it they feel they are going to gain from it ?
Old 30 May 2009, 07:58 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
My dad is 64 going on 65 and goes out on this bike to keep himself fit... in the last few weeks two different gangs have tried to kick him off his bike.

The last luckily tried it on the guy in front, so he was expecting it and moved well away from them.. the first got very close to him as he wobbled away from them ..

About 4 years ago he had a heart attack so I'm thinking kicking him off his bike could actually be murder ...

Where is your dad riding his bike through the streets of harlem?
Old 30 May 2009, 08:02 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Assemble a group of 'friends' and arrange for your Dad to take his usual route past where these t055ers hang around. When they try it, have fun ! It's the only thing they know and will respond to, feral gob$h!tes won't be reasoned with, but will remember a damn good kicking.

Last edited by corradoboy; 30 May 2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 30 May 2009, 08:09 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

A bike.
Old 30 May 2009, 08:27 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
Where is your dad riding his bike through the streets of harlem?
Wallasey Prom .. so almost ..

Originally Posted by nixxon
A bike.
er ... from any angle his bike is not something anyone under 50 would want ..
Old 30 May 2009, 08:56 PM
stoneface
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Assemble a group of 'friends' and arrange for your Dad to take his usual route past where these t055ers hang around. When they try it, have fun ! It's the only thing they know and will respond to, feral gob$h!tes won't be reasoned with, but will remember a damn good kicking.
The only way to deal with this, enjoyable too.
Old 30 May 2009, 08:57 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

disgraceful, there is nothing i hate more in life that bullies

Defo do as suggested and get a few mates to show up where this would usually happen and slap it up 'em.
Old 30 May 2009, 10:43 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

i would 100% do what has been said, even if i went along myself with a big bat, i would leather the little ***** everywhere. what time of day is this happening? is it in the same place each time?
Old 30 May 2009, 10:51 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Not same place and doesnt seem to be the same people, only when he is alone...

Sadly it seems to be a few different gangs.
Old 31 May 2009, 08:38 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

A can of dog repellent (aka pepper spray) - works a treat if going slow enough
Old 31 May 2009, 09:28 AM
yoza
BANNED

Wallasey prom leading to NewBrighton prom seems always to be full of gangs of 14-16 year olds wandering off the ferry, looking for someone to annoy.

I spend a bit of time at NewBrighton as my son likes the FunHouse and I get a hours layoff whilst he runs around wearing himself out.

There is also the " best Cafe " in the world for breakfasts around the back of the Theatre opp the Summerfields, a few doors up from the cycle shop.

Its difficult to get the culprits unless you follow your Dad each time he goes out, which is not ideal.

I suggest you get him a mobile if he has not got one, and the next time it happens, or he sees a gang who has done it before, get him to ring option 1 the Police.

Or option 2 you and your associates.

Then positively ID the gang, choose the largest target in the bunch and go medieval on him, dont tell him why you are there and do it without speaking at all.

Option 1 is the sensible option but will be a waste of time.

Option 2 is the stupid option that will put you in danger, but will make you feel better.
Old 31 May 2009, 11:25 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

This has got A team style revenge plan written all over it. Dress up to look old like when they kick out take them... to a lock up...... tape them up for a day or two, just to put the frighteners on them, cover them in petrol tell them you are going to set them alight, quick beating then release.
That should do the trick.

Of course I am joking..... If someone tried to kick my old man off his bike this is not the first coarse of action I would take.
Old 31 May 2009, 12:00 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

A quick beating might see you getting a caution if caught, but any attempt to deny someone liberty is kidnap, and you would go to prison. My brothers neighbour did when he left a burglar 30 miles out in the countryside with some 'light' bruising. The judge was apologetic and remorseful about handing down the sentence (12 months), but it was the minimum he could allow for the offence which he had pleaded guilty to
Old 31 May 2009, 12:19 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

A quick beating might see you getting a caution if caught, but any attempt to deny someone liberty is kidnap, and you would go to prison. My brothers neighbour did when he left a burglar 30 miles out in the countryside with some 'light' bruising. The judge was apologetic and remorseful about handing down the sentence (12 months), but it was the minimum he could allow for the offence which he had pleaded guilty to
I must point out here I was thinking of the full on A team music and big black vans, I am not making a serious case for kidnap.
Old 31 May 2009, 01:12 PM
yoza
BANNED

Ive got a black van....anyone got some red insulting tape for the stripe ?

Baggsie me being Mr T, just off to find my black cammo paint.

I also have a lage roll of carpet, several baseball bats and a huge roll of gaffer tape.

.....In fact lets go the full hogg and go and visit my friend the Pig Farmer.

Did you know pigs get sun burn......and have to wear sun block, no me neither.

I didnt know they **** teeth either, yet when a chicken eats teeth thinking its corn it doesnt come back out....how odd.

Last edited by yoza; 31 May 2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 31 May 2009, 02:17 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Wallasey Prom .. so almost ..

er ... from any angle his bike is not something anyone under 50 would want ..
Not one of those lovely sit up and beg Humbers with a fully enclosed oil bath for the chain is it. And they used to have strings tied from the rear mudguard to the hub to stop ladies skirts getting caught up in the wheel! That would be worth a bit I reckon! You could hear them clicking as they went by!

As far as the yobs are concerned, as so many have said, they will only take notice of the type of lesson that makes it worth not doing again. They need a dose of the discipline that their parents never bothered with as they were growing up!

Les
Old 31 May 2009, 09:14 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yoza

I also have a lage roll of carpet, several baseball bats and a huge roll of gaffer tape.

I didnt know they **** teeth either, yet when a chicken eats teeth thinking its corn it doesnt come back out....how odd.
if your MR T then i want to be Faceman

ive seen your carpets, your carry one under each arm

dont get the pigs involved they'll squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
Old 31 May 2009, 10:47 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

If someone dies as the result of a crime, then it is considered murder even if that was not the intention of the crime.

For instance the bloke who slapped some guy (the wrong one as it turned out) in Sainsburys because he apparently oogled his g/f, who then died - that was a murder case even though the idiot probably never thought he would kill his victim with a single punch...
Old 01 June 2009, 09:11 AM
yoza
BANNED

Actually its manslaughter, as he didnt intend to kill him, so he may have to pick up litter for a few weeks.

I think I would get manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

By the way PTMD this is all internet talk, feeding people to pigs wont really happen.

And if it was going to happen it certainly wouldnt be broadcast on SN.

Old 01 June 2009, 09:44 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Reminds me of when I was riding my mountain bike (a £1600 Marin) through Thetford Forest. Happened upon this small gypo camp in the forest so quickly cycled by to avoid attention, got about fifty yards away and heard a shout "oi you on the bike, come 'ere". I was off at that point, changed up a few gears, peddled away quickly, and darted down the first little trail I could find.

Like I was really going to stop my bike, turn round and go to talk to the pikeys. If I had I expect the very best outcome would have been that I'd be walking home.
Old 01 June 2009, 12:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Doesn't this speak volumes about British justice and why we have overcrowded prisions ans criminals just not bothered about being caught or getting convited.

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...sentences.html
^^^^Ironic really when you consider this, so a kidnapper of a burglar is more of a threat and a more serious crime than child molester - are all the CPS and MP's who make and ammend the laws along with some Judges kiddie fidddlers who think it OK to do so???
Old 01 June 2009, 12:46 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

This is more common than you may think, being a commuter cyclist for a year now (occasional before that) I have started reading cycling forums and in certain areas it seems par for the course, people being spat at, stuff stretched across roads, tipped off bridges, thrown from cars, slapped from cars and all sorts.

I personally have not had much agro, I generally cycle down rural lanes and through nicer areas, by and large people with more money are apt to cut you up and have some I own the road attitude but again I havent seen much of this but go through rougher areas and then you get to deal with the knuckle draggers, I cycle through a council estate sometimes and I dont want to make a sweeping generalisation about everyone who lives on one but its the only time I have had and agro really, kids shouting stuff, mainly to try and get you to fall off.

I had one little ****, chavved up cross the road between my local and the newsagents opposite, did a saunter to make me slow down, he had a baseball hat, black roll neck with a big gold chain, I just slowed down for him and stopped and said without any confrontation, "After you mate", and he said "Oh, er, cheers mate", flumoxed by my reaction and lack of agression (he had mates stood outside the pub) so it made him look silly, I slowly pedalled off and shouted back "You look a right **** with that chain on you dick", no chance of catching up.

I would be concerned if people did that to my dad, so I dont blame you, I dont know why they feel the need to be so unpleasant, it all seems like fun to them but they dont realise or dont care the affect they have on people, taking something away from them they enjoy because they cant feel safe when doing it.

Personally I dont think violence towards these idiots is the answer, they react that way as that is all they know, beating the **** out of them would be satisfying but I suspect it wouldnt help as it just affirms their view that this is how the world works, they need to get shown the misery they cause, be sat in front of Pimmos dad and made to feel guilty, to realise they are hurting people that are just like their own parents (though not 30 year old retarded chavs). They need to be made som embarassed of their actions they cannot do it again, put on telly and made a mockery of, imagine Jeremey Paxman interviewing them and showing what they have done, asking why they do it.

Actually, no, the baseball bat idea seems more like it.
Old 01 June 2009, 01:11 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

When it was snowing, mums and dads car got attacked by snowballs by a bunch of kids - badly enough to have nearly broken a window.

So they got out and chased them. Usual feral sh1te about Dad's getting them, etc but Mum stuck her leg out at one and sent him flying. They're both under 60 but still quite old and the shock was apparently hilarious!

I also chased some kids/young teens that nicked a bike from outside a pub - ran after them, they bricked it and dropped the bike.

After seeing kids leering at others in the street in Bristol while blaltantly nicking a bike and some truly dreadful behaviour from those kids that think, because of their young age, they are above the law, I think every opportunity to make them **** themselves is a golden one.

We all (well most of us) respected adults when we were kids - what's happened?

I also had a 14 year old surfer (a very good one) have a right go at me in the sea when I was surfing a while back. Loads of threats and aggro. I clearly wasn't going to touch the oik - little did he know that I know a lot of people in the village - he spent a good couple of weeks in the doghouse with various people.

Last edited by Matteeboy; 01 June 2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01 June 2009, 01:25 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy

We all (well most of us) respected adults when we were kids - what's happened?

I also had a 14 year old surfer (a very good one) have a right go at me in the sea when I was surfing a while back. Loads of threats and aggro. I clearly wasn't going to touch the oik - little did he know that I know a lot of people in the village - he spent a good couple of weeks in the doghouse with various people.
I understand both these points fully. Not out of fear but out of choice I respected my elders.
I get some sh*t when I'm in the sea from kid surfers, I tend to do the old pop the board up at them trick but I agree, its not like you can wait for them to come in and give them a clip around the ear anymore.
Old 01 June 2009, 01:39 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by yoza

That 'ould stick in your gizzard !