Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police identify 200 children as potential terrorists

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2009, 05:03 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police identify 200 children as potential terrorists

Police identify 200 children as potential terrorists - Crime, UK - The Independent

WTF was my first impression... really is this how our tax money is being spent?

But on a serious note this raises alarm bells, how long before every one of our civil liberties are eroded away into oblivion and we really are the sheep as portrayed in the movie "V for Vendetta"?

At this rate we will have a new police group that is dubbed "think-police" and will round up people simply based on what some ****ing computer tells them or whoever they deem to be a threat.

It will become criminal to even have any kind of religious book or litriture that promotes free thinking (anything the goverment does not want you to read).

I don't discount there are many young muslims easily led (especially up north of the country) but the powers-that-be should be focusing on the religious crackpot leaders who are preaching questionable ideas...

So how many of these youngsters will end up being taken away from their families and thrown into foster care or having their lives destroyed in some other manner?

This country is FAIL with a capital F-YOU

Last edited by finalzero; 28 March 2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 28 March 2009, 09:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It is a shocker. I supiose we should not be suprised by NL and thier ideas on how to deal with people.

What next, automatic prsion for children of criminals becuse they have be brought up in a family with criminals in it.

George Orwells visions of 1984 - it is becoming a reality under NL!
Old 29 March 2009, 11:35 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Don't forget to read Orwell's Animal Farm first, to get a feel for the type of people they really are!

Les
Old 29 March 2009, 11:37 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting to know the numbers of minors on the DNA data base.
No second chances there it seems.
Old 29 March 2009, 11:48 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Did any of you actually read the story????? - or is it too difficult to look beyond the sensationalist headlines?

This is as much about protecting children from the extremists as it is about preventing terrorism.

What can possibly be wrong with parents and teachers keeping a close eye on children at risk?...yeah real big brother stuff!!!

This place is more like Village of the damned, than 1984
Old 29 March 2009, 01:40 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

I read the article & it sounds like a good idea to me. One less Islamic extremist would make it a worthwhile exercise.

TX.
Old 29 March 2009, 03:22 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I think it is a good exercise. Nipping it in the bud (early intervention at childhood years) is better than trying to change set minds at later age, when contamination has taken over their minds. Saying that, publicising it on the bandwagon leaves fear of aggravating the sensitive minority with recordbreaking destructive tactics. But, why should authorities feel afraid of upsetting the perpetrators, or minorities that go on defensive for sod all? And therefore, Police can't be so wrong in announcing "Hey, that's what we are doing, because that is what needs doing. Here is our progress report with the figures." This announcement may have different effect on different people. Either some will feel threatened, and will start thinking straight under fear, or they will go more underground with their support for extremism. The innocent ones will react either positively (won't give a toss whatever, they have nothing to hide) or negatively (going subdued and feeling generalised).

It may even cause the stereotyping of youngsters as terrorists( not just as potential terrorists, this stereotyping already exists), and the risk of inducing self-fulfilling prophecy in them e.g. "They call me a terrorist. I must be one I am one. Now I don't care, as I really am one". In addition, feeling downtrodden for being Muslim, and being watched for being Muslim doesn't help innocent muslim children's morale either. Sometimes, aftermath of peaceful but revolutionary ideas/strategies can be quite a challenge to handle, which must be pondered over before applying such strategies. Anyhow, to help that, anti-racist campaign programmes can be run alongside such pervention strategies in schools etc.

General reaction and response till today hasn't been so bad, TBH. Imams etc. are supporting the authorities, and prepared to provide advice to children in order to change their way of thinking, if it is doubted to be leaning towards extermism.

As long as it doesn't work as a morale crushing exercise, but an empowering one for a better world, it can work. How Police apply it will show the positive success of it, without causing any tension .
Old 29 March 2009, 07:56 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Did any of you actually read the story????? - or is it too difficult to look beyond the sensationalist headlines?

This is as much about protecting children from the extremists as it is about preventing terrorism.

What can possibly be wrong with parents and teachers keeping a close eye on children at risk?...yeah real big brother stuff!!!

1984 - the year i came out of the closit and what a busy boy i was with all that man love. This place is more like Village People and i love it like that
Did i read it - hell no headlines where enough to send me into apoplexy, besides i was busy stirring things up a bit

Pointless story, common sense really - having said that common sense does seem somewhat lacking in some cases

Last edited by The Zohan; 29 March 2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 29 March 2009, 09:38 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

People rarely wake up thinking, "Today, I am going to be a terrorist" Hatred is forced into most terrorists from a young age. If one less child is brainwashed and has their life cut short in the vain hope of dying a martyr, I see it as a positive approach.
Old 29 March 2009, 11:37 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
People rarely wake up thinking, "Today, I am going to be a terrorist" Hatred is forced into most terrorists from a young age. If one less child is brainwashed and has their life cut short in the vain hope of dying a martyr, I see it as a positive approach.
No no you crazy fool, this is SN, you're supposed to slag off the government assuming that it's about how the evil powers that be are removing our liberties........ then read the article
Old 29 March 2009, 11:58 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Did i read it - hell no headlines where enough to send me into apoplexy, besides i was busy stirring things up a bit

Pointless story, common sense really - having said that common sense does seem somewhat lacking in some cases
I've just seen how you doctored my post...you naughty boy, aren't there rules against this sort of thing.

Does disagreeing with you automatically mean I'm gay???
Old 30 March 2009, 12:16 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

No no you crazy fool, this is SN, you're supposed to slag off the government assuming that it's about how the evil powers that be are removing our liberties........ then read the article
Ofcourse we slag them off. They are a bunch of imcompetent fools run by an un elected idiot. We have never been in such a "poke your nose in" mess".
Will he go, will he hell. Guy Fawkes anyone
Old 30 March 2009, 12:20 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by 84of300
Guy Fawkes anyone
What do you mean? Smashing Grabbing Clowns man tackle between Big Ben and it's hammer, I'm all for that!
Old 30 March 2009, 07:54 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've just seen how you doctored my post...you naughty boy, aren't there rules against this sort of thing.

Does disagreeing with you automatically mean I'm gay???

Yes, of course it does. I am a real man and if you dissagree with my views then obviously it must mean you are a gheyer and prefer the tradesmans entrance. Perfectly logical.
Old 30 March 2009, 10:38 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Ofcourse we slag them off. They are a bunch of imcompetent fools run by an un elected idiot. We have never been in such a "poke your nose in" mess".
Hear hear!

Les
Old 30 March 2009, 11:32 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I want to see the back of this government as much as anyone, that doesn't mean that I don't think about the isues before deciding whether i agree or not.