Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Solders returning from Afghanistan abused...

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2009, 08:48 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Solders returning from Afghanistan abused...

Muslim anti-war protesters abuse British soldiers as 'baby killers' during homecoming parade | Mail Online

This just takes the pis$ - pretty clear who's side the protesters are on - why the hell do we allow people like this to live in this country Absolute disgrace.

Around 20 men in Islamic dress yelled 'terrorists' and held placards denouncing the soldiers as 'butchers of Basra' and 'baby killers' as they marched through Luton in Bedfordshire.
Old 10 March 2009, 09:10 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, makes my blood boil an' all.
I suppose it's all part of peoples freedom to protest or whatever but this is just ridiculous (can't the police arrest them under trying to incite violence/riots or something like that?).
Grrrrrr.
Old 10 March 2009, 09:25 PM
oxscooby
Scooby Regular

I saw this on the news earlier it makes you sick, Although there was a huge presence of people welcoming the troops home also. Its just unfortunate that this type of scum grabs the attention from the heroes returning home. , may their next ****'s be hedgehogs.

Last edited by oxscooby; 10 March 2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10 March 2009, 09:29 PM
Luke
BANNED

what is the problem? these protesters have a good point. The soldiers are over there killing and helping to destroy the place. "following orders" is not the best excuse in the world.

Its a Fake war ,set up for a purpose and its evil.
Old 10 March 2009, 09:36 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Not exactly the soldiers fault though is it.

They are just following orders.

Notice how other religions in the same news article were a little bit more sympathtic and had intergrated in to the community better!

Last edited by davyboy; 10 March 2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: dislexyu
Old 10 March 2009, 09:38 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke
Nah.

Anyway, these people were wearing dresses and were probably were not born here, so who cares about there opinion, they are scum.

Shame the muslims made the headlines.
Old 10 March 2009, 09:39 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Scum, although I did enjoy watching them clambering behind the police when the people welcoming the troops home turned on them.

Trending Topics

Old 10 March 2009, 09:56 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Nah.

Anyway, these people were wearing dresses and were probably were not born here, so who cares about there opinion, they are scum.

Shame the muslims made the headlines.

show me the "dresses" ? They are not scum. they have a very very valid point. What if they had been full "british and white" ? would that have made you happy?

The media is loving all this and i very much doubt the soldiers cared. The white guy been held back by the Police looks like all he was trying to do was get to Burger King !

They are complaining about the illegal war and terrible situation the USA and UK have put Iraq in etc.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:02 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

They're just attention ******, just look at this bunch of beauties

These bearded wonders are just like the green loonies who'll do anything to get on the telly for a cause. I bet if you asked most of them to point to Iraq on a map they wouldn't have a clue.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:03 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

show me the "dresses" ? They are not scum. they have a very very valid point. What if they had been full "british and white" ? would that have made you happy?

The media is loving all this and i very much doubt the soldiers cared. The white guy been held back by the Police looks like all he was trying to do was get to Burger King !

They are complaining about the illegal war and terrible situation the USA and UK have put Iraq in etc.
No. They're scum.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:04 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And I suppose you believe that all of the soldiers who die at the hands of terrorists deserve what they get.

I have no problems with these people protesting outside Downing Street and claiming that this war, endorsed by a UNSCR, was illegal. However, protesting at a home-coming for soldiers who have no choice but to do what they are told is outrageous. These men and women have served your country (I am assuming you are British) and have not murdered or terrorised the Iraqi people. They are working under a legal mandate, invited into the country by the Government of Iraq and only take life when it is necessary to prevent that person from taking another life - it is called self-defence.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:10 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

JonMc , I think maybe Luke is referring to our invasion and wholesale destruction of the Iraqi infrastructure in 2003 on the basis of fake evidence of a threat from said country.
I don't think anyway is in any doubt that a lot of people have died as a direct result of that.

I still support our soldiers though and believe that anyone abusing them on parade like that should be invited back to the barracks for a "chat" with the lads.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:12 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

. What if they had been full "british and white" ? would that have made you happy?
I doubt if these people considered themselves British, they would be holding signs aloft demanding "British soilders burn in hell".
Old 10 March 2009, 10:13 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

what is the problem? these protesters have a good point. The soldiers are over there killing and helping to destroy the place. "following orders" is not the best excuse in the world.

Tut, tut. Some people eh? Following orders IS a good reason to follow orders. You are given the Queens Shilling, you do what is expected of you, whether you like it or not. The protestors dont have a good point, if they want to complain, go where the orders originate, 10 Downing St, not giving it the big one to the soldiers. If they were the murderers that tyhe protestors suggest, they would have had no problem getting hands on the moaners.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:21 PM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

They are more than welcome to leave this country if they dont like it.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:22 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bugeyeandy
They're just attention ******, just look at this bunch of beauties

Can anyone spot the chav in this brainwashed bunch?
Old 10 March 2009, 10:25 PM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

Can anyone spot the chav in this brainwashed bunch?
Nothing that a White Phos grenade couldnt sort out.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:26 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bugeyeandy
JonMc , I think maybe Luke is referring to our invasion and wholesale destruction of the Iraqi infrastructure in 2003 on the basis of fake evidence of a threat from said country.
In 2003 there was a UNSCR that allowed the UK and US to invade. It was a political document and like all polictial documents was open to interpretation. This is exactly the same way the French and Germans interpreted the trade embargoes that existed prior to the 2003 invasion to enable them to continue with a multi-billion euro import and export relationship with Iraq whilst the UK and US enforced no-fly zones over areas where people were being persecuted by Saddam's regime.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:27 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by JonMc
And I suppose you believe that all of the soldiers who die at the hands of terrorists deserve what they get.

I have no problems with these people protesting outside Downing Street and claiming that this war, endorsed by a UNSCR, was illegal. However, protesting at a home-coming for soldiers who have no choice but to do what they are told is outrageous. These men and women have served your country (I am assuming you are British) and have not murdered or terrorised the Iraqi people. They are working under a legal mandate, invited into the country by the Government of Iraq and only take life when it is necessary to prevent that person from taking another life - it is called self-defence.

tell me how they served this country please? what legal mandate? And if you think we have been fighting using "Queensbury rules" then you are well and truly mistaken.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:27 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigAl024
They are more than welcome to leave this country if they dont like it.
They should be rounded up and forced out by the very soldiers they were protesting at.

Enough is enough
Old 10 March 2009, 10:28 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

If you are referring to the fact that no WMD were found yada yada, the UN wern't exactly going to take there word for it were they, these people are from the stone age, to engage in meaningful dialect proved too difficult, it was necessary.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:31 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

tell me how they served this country please? what legal mandate? And if you think we have been fighting using "Queensbury rules" then you are well and truly mistaken.
SN very own Al-Qaeda undercover operative.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:34 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

And I assume by the phrase WE you are inferring that you know what is going on and have spent time out there with the troops
Old 10 March 2009, 10:35 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

They should be shot by the very soldiers they were protesting at.

Enough is enough
Edited for accuracy
Old 10 March 2009, 10:36 PM
Luke
BANNED

Iraq is home to some wonderful places and people. I would like to see how people would view us if Saddam had ruled this country for 20 years.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:42 PM
Luke
BANNED

SN very own Al-Qaeda underburqa operative.

you never know what's under a Burqa ! fill your boots
Old 10 March 2009, 10:43 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
And I assume by the phrase WE you are inferring that you know what is going on and have spent time out there with the troops
Forget that mate, Luke is a keyboard warrior at best. He hasnt got the minerals. And if you all think he is a member of an Al Qaeda cell, think again. They have friends.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:44 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Do you want freedom of speech or not? You can't bemoan the so called "erosion of civil liberties" and then complain when someone actually uses their right to protest just because you don't happen to agree with them.

Funny how the old favourite "I don't agree with what you say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it" only gets wheeled out for Dutch anti-islam MPs and the BNP.

'Course the troops deserve every praise - They are simply doing their job as ordered by our Government, so protesting against them is a bit silly. The protesters should be lobbying parliament not harrassing soldiers.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:48 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Iraq is home to some wonderful places and people.
Yes you are right, some of them as a result of Saddam's regime, some more historically significant such as Babylon. Other sights such as the War Memorial at Shaibah for UK forces who lost their lives during WWII serving to protect Iraq from the **** regime had been pushed to one side along with many other wonders and left to decay.

One day the country will secure enough for people like you to visit these wonders. This is because of the invasion and the subsequent re-building that has taken place within a unified Iraq.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:49 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

They were saying pretty much saying British soldiers burn in hell. The Anglian refers to the Royal Anglian Regiment.

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I doubt if these people considered themselves British, they would be holding signs aloft demanding "British soilders burn in hell".

Quick Reply: Solders returning from Afghanistan abused...