Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Homebase

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2009, 10:19 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homebase

Does anyone on here do any work for Homebase?.
Basically I have been approached by Homebase to be a contractor which they will recommend if someone buys anything from their store.So if someone buys a kitchen,or any electrical item from them the staff will recommend my company to fit it or to rewire their kitchen,etc.
Just really want to know if it would be worth the hassle.
TIA
Old 19 March 2009, 10:21 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mad555
Does anyone on here do any work for Homebase?.
Basically I have been approached by Homebase to be a contractor which they will recommend if someone buys anything from their store.So if someone buys a kitchen,or any electrical item from them the staff will recommend my company to fit it or to rewire their kitchen,etc.
Just really want to know if it would be worth the hassle.
TIA
If its keeps you busy and the money is good,then,Yes
Old 19 March 2009, 10:25 PM
Richie c
Scooby Regular

Fitted a few homebase kitchen's and the quality's crap + there's always bit's missing and the nugget's in the shop are worse than useless. But time's are hard take all the work you can get mate
Old 19 March 2009, 11:44 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
If its keeps you busy and the money is good,then,Yes
If someone buys a kitchen at homebase, you can bet they're not going to want to pay much to have it fitted!
How much do Homebase want from you? How many other "approved" contractors do they have?
Old 20 March 2009, 12:19 AM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nixxon
If someone buys a kitchen at homebase, you can bet they're not going to want to pay much to have it fitted!
How much do Homebase want from you? How many other "approved" contractors do they have?
Wont be fitting their kitchens but if you go into the store and buy a kitchen then they recommend me to do the wiring of the kitchen also would include any electrical item bought.

Would be the only spark they will recommend,cost wise £12/week for word of mouth referal instore,plus A5 fliers on their notice board,which will contain 1 plumber,joiner,tiler,etc.

They pay for all design/printing of fliers,only thing that bothers me is being tied to the £12/week for 24months.

Last edited by mad555; 20 March 2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 20 March 2009, 12:27 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Its an £1152 commitment, Its hard to know ifs a worthwhile investment. I know that when stores like this recommend to me I always think they are getting a backhander so I go elsewhere.
If you can lose the cost somewhere then do i, or go to Magnet they will give you £750 a week to fit kitchens as a subby.
Old 20 March 2009, 01:29 PM
shamrock
Scooby Regular

Be very wary when deadling with Homebase, the Home Retail Group is on its ****, granted the rest of the economy is as well but still proceed with caution.
Old 20 March 2009, 02:50 PM
al4x1
Scooby Regular

I'd not bother it strikes me as more money making from their point of view than anything else. Why would you recomend someone instore without knowing their competence? if there was any money to be made why not just charge you comission on work done. This approach just strikes of desperation to make money on their part.