Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Tools

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2008, 03:03 PM
Pete type r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tools

I am looking for some new Teng Tools/ snap on etc.
Have any of you guys bought some lately that can point me in the right direction of some bargins
Old 08 December 2008, 05:37 PM
Mother Theresa
Scooby Regular

Trade, Professional and DIY tools + equipment - buy online at low trade prices from Northern Tool + Equipment UK is usually cheap.
Old 08 December 2008, 08:19 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Not quite Teng or Snap-on but nearly as good. Don't bite my head off for suggesting it but it is another option which you may not be aware of:

Halfords professonal are doing their big 150 piece £200 kit for £99 again. Details here. Having used both I'd say 90% as good for 25% of the cash. Edited to say anoter 10% off for ordering on-line.

I've got one just because it's so convenient to carry round. Saves packing up all the snap-on stuff into a toolbox each time you want to work away from base then hanging it back up when you get back.

Last edited by Chelspeed; 08 December 2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08 December 2008, 08:22 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

you really need to speak to your local snap-on dealer they have offers running twice a month and usually you can save a fortune.
offer sheets they have are usually up to 60% off if i pay cash on the day i get an extra 10% off aswell
Old 10 December 2008, 02:23 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

good info mate thanks for that

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
Not quite Teng or Snap-on but nearly as good. Don't bite my head off for suggesting it but it is another option which you may not be aware of:

Halfords professonal are doing their big 150 piece £200 kit for £99 again. Details here. Having used both I'd say 90% as good for 25% of the cash. Edited to say anoter 10% off for ordering on-line.

I've got one just because it's so convenient to carry round. Saves packing up all the snap-on stuff into a toolbox each time you want to work away from base then hanging it back up when you get back.
Old 10 December 2008, 03:06 PM
farmerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

i have one and can't fault it
Old 10 December 2008, 04:12 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

I got one the last time they were on special. Best £100 I've spent in a long time. All the stuff has a lifetime warranty (if it breaks, they will give you a new one).
Old 10 December 2008, 04:30 PM
madisonmonkey
Scooby Senior

I've had my halfords professional kit for over ten years now and nothing has broken yet. For D.I.Y. spannering they're more than up to the job and very reasonably priced
Old 10 December 2008, 09:21 PM
Luke
BANNED

Halfords have never ever had such good free advertising ! the "pro" stuff is loved all over forums etc. Snap on make some special stuff , but i laugh when i see these monkeys in Cheap garages with £6k Snap on chests!
Old 10 December 2008, 09:29 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the halfords pro sockets in those sets tend to be 12 pointed ones and therefore not the best for rusted, corroded bolts. however the quality is very good and the warranty is good (although i believe it doesn't include the ratchet mech but replacements for these can be bought in the store).