Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

These Home energy Grants ?

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2008, 09:26 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default These Home energy Grants ?

EDIT,BUGGER, IN WRONG SECTION, GRRR,PLEASE MOVE IF POSSIBLE.

Whats the deal with these, upto 70% off the cost of the price etc if salary is low enough etc

desperatly need cavity wall insulation.

anyone had it done and it was as described,not like these BOGOF offers ha ha

cheers
Old 01 November 2008, 09:32 AM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont know too much about them apart from the Mrs's mum and dad have just been awarded £3,500 to have central heating installed so its definatly not a myth!
Old 01 November 2008, 03:30 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No myth, my mum just got it! House full of central heating and instantaneous hot water, for free! She was retired through ill health though, so that was why her income was so low.
Old 01 November 2008, 05:25 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Could you pm me some details please "Rig", as I would be most interested in finding out about these grants given my current situation. Would appreciate it, thanks
Old 01 November 2008, 06:31 PM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No scam m8, we had cavity, loft insulation, a new bolier installed and energy saving light bulbs.
We did have to put £500 quid towards the boiler as everything else ate most of our grant.
We are your average working family with 3 kids and are only receiving WFTC in the way of benefits.
Old 01 November 2008, 07:19 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MartynJ
No scam m8, we had cavity, loft insulation, a new bolier installed and energy saving light bulbs.
We did have to put £500 quid towards the boiler as everything else ate most of our grant.
We are your average working family with 3 kids and are only receiving WFTC in the way of benefits.
I am quite interested in this now. Only concerns are I have no money to put towards a grant, and theres only me/Mrs in our home - no kids (22 and 24).
Old 01 November 2008, 07:41 PM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!

You don't have to put anything towards it, we chose to to get the boiler included.
Contact Warm Front to see if you qualify.
Warm Front Energy Efficiency Grants
Old 01 November 2008, 08:04 PM
WetPatch
Scooby Regular

If ur wall is cavity block with no space between the internal and external walls ur not going to be able to insulate it mate. And if a company says they can there lying to u.
Old 01 November 2008, 09:59 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WetPatch
If ur wall is cavity block with no space between the internal and external walls ur not going to be able to insulate it mate. And if a company says they can there lying to u.
The 'cavity' in a cavity wall is the space between the inner and outer wall. If it doesn't have a cavity surely it can't be a cavity wall?
Old 01 November 2008, 10:15 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

they are government grants,

we looked into it also but as we both work full time and have no dependants we didn't quailify.

its based on the household income as well as other factors such as dependants etc.

if you are eliagable for benifits chances are you are entitled to the grants. although you do not need to be eliagable for benifits to get the grants.
The grants vary from 100% of the cost of instalation/heating etc to a few £100 to put towards it...all dependant on your personal situation
Old 01 November 2008, 10:59 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cockney Wideboy
they are government grants,

we looked into it also but as we both work full time and have no dependants we didn't quailify.

its based on the household income as well as other factors such as dependants etc.

if you are eliagable for benifits chances are you are entitled to the grants. although you do not need to be eliagable for benifits to get the grants.
The grants vary from 100% of the cost of instalation/heating etc to a few £100 to put towards it...all dependant on your personal situation
I hate to admit it, but I probably fall into the eligable band - and I almost feel guilty because of it. Gonna apply online tomorrow and gets some contact numbers.
Old 02 November 2008, 10:37 AM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I hate to admit it, but I probably fall into the eligable band - and I almost feel guilty because of it. Gonna apply online tomorrow and gets some contact numbers.
nothing to be ashamed of as long as its genuine.......if we had quailfied i would have taken all i was entitled too.
Old 02 November 2008, 06:58 PM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cockney Wideboy
nothing to be ashamed of as long as its genuine.......if we had quailfied i would have taken all i was entitled too.

Well said, nothing wrong in collecting what you are entitled to.
Old 03 November 2008, 08:31 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Well I've just filled in an online application on the Warm Front site. Only thing was, when filling it in, there wasn't a box for claiming 'Incapacity benefit'. I assume this isn't included in the grant scheme? Did write in the bottom box about my current application for IIDB though.
Old 03 November 2008, 09:13 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Angry

I hate things like this

We could do with this in our house. Its a 1930's semi with asbestos roof tiles. the insulation is crap in the loft and there isn't anything in the walls. I have been out of work for well over a year now and still trying to get a yes in an interview
Now my girlfriend works full time and earns around £20k per annum and is expected to look after us (myself and 2 kids also included) and that's it. I don't sign on anymore as all I got when my old firm let me go (couldn't afford to keep me on ) was my stamp paid and no job seekers allowence. So we can't actually get any help because she works and earns some money

I am going to apply though just to make sure its all still the same as normal
Old 03 November 2008, 09:30 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EOEUMC
I hate things like this

We could do with this in our house. Its a 1930's semi with asbestos roof tiles. the insulation is crap in the loft and there isn't anything in the walls. I have been out of work for well over a year now and still trying to get a yes in an interview
Now my girlfriend works full time and earns around £20k per annum and is expected to look after us (myself and 2 kids also included) and that's it. I don't sign on anymore as all I got when my old firm let me go (couldn't afford to keep me on ) was my stamp paid and no job seekers allowence. So we can't actually get any help because she works and earns some money

I am going to apply though just to make sure its all still the same as normal
I'm suprised your not getting any help, considering you have 2 children

I do genuinely wonder who gets all the funding then, as the council properties keep it in house don't they So it must be the folk like you and I who are on hard times but have our own homes to pay for and not private/council rented.

Mines a 1910 mid terraced house, know what you mean about ice-age
Old 03 November 2008, 04:53 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

No the wonder my ****ing taxes are so high.
Old 03 November 2008, 05:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mikkel
No the wonder my ****ing taxes are so high.
What do you mean by that. Was it aimed at anyone specific
Old 17 November 2008, 09:02 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

had theletter,now waiting for an inspector to come out,oo eer !!