Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Duh! what was I thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2002, 03:20 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Ever did somthing on the roads which was a good idea at the time but afterward you thought the above? Lets here some stories!
astraboy.
Old 12 February 2002, 03:25 PM
mik
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Did a p1ss on the road once when I was drunk....soon regretted it when a car came past and the occupants must have seen my n0b....

Is this what you meant?
Old 12 February 2002, 03:32 PM
Paul78
Scooby Regular

Just because I'm sleepy after lunch - Here is one...

A few weekends ago I was driving through Edgebaston in B'ham at about 8pm... I don't know if anyone knows the stretch of what I think is teh Bristol Road that is a little like Dual Carrageway..
Anyhow, It was on a Sat night, and I was on the phone to a mate who was directing me to his house ( yes he is still at Uni ), it had been raining and I had the driving lights on as well..

So there he is directing me in and I open her up to pull out past a black cab and I see a Policeman parked at the side of the rd....

So whilst trying to turn my lights off, drop the phone and slow down - I actually managed to do the following !

Flash Policeman repeatedly
Accelerate through speed camera that I hadn't seen due to concentration on other things ( and get two flashes !! )
Stay on the phone and try to look innocent !!!

Luckily Mr Police bloke shook his head and probably laughed, and as of yet I am still waiting for the dreaded yellow envelope !

"duh what was I thinking "
Old 12 February 2002, 03:44 PM
Paul78
Scooby Regular

Here is another one posted on behalf of a friend of mine who happens to own a TVR Tuscan !

We were in the off licence in Thame, Bucks on a Fri night getting a few beers and came out to see a few typical "Nova" boys gathered around the car - so in we jump feeling a little cool ( I know its sad ! ) and my friend duley floors it, leaving two black snakes up the road - Anyhow its not the quietest of cars, so the majority of people going in / coming out of pubs etc turned and stared - Quick look around to see if Nova boys had taken note and saw them pointing and waving - Pretty OK we thought ...

So at the next roundabout about 200yrds away we stop to give way and to our embarrasment some bloke shouts over ( one of teh many who have been staring ! ) to politley remind us that " You need yer fecking lights on you flash ***** ! "

Sheepishly and quietly we proceed onto destination !
Old 12 February 2002, 03:57 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
Been out on a Saturday night with a couple of mates. We're walking back to my car when one of them mutters something about me parking a long way away. I point to the Police No Parking cones along the side of the road.
"I'll soon fix that" he says and proceeds to hoof every cone we pass into the middle of the road. Other mate finds this amusing. I don't, but then again I'm stone cold sober as I'm driving. I drop back a bit and walk behind them (slightly embarrassed to be with them at this point). Moments later, I hear a car coming up behind me...yep it's the boys in blue. One hops out of the car, enquires of my mate as to what he's doing. No explanation. He was really lucky though as they sent him back down the road to put all the cones back in place, and didn't nick him.
My how we laughed about it on the road home... well I did
Old 12 February 2002, 04:20 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm sure someone on here could recount a story about something to do with a seafront, a car, a speed limit, some smoke and a police car. though I'm not mentioing names

oh, and this is meant as a jibe and not a big dig so don't take it to heart, after the day I've had I'm trying to cheer myself up (the dump valve I've purchased might help )
Old 12 February 2002, 05:21 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

LOL @ POC!!!

I thought I was the only **** that did that - I can't help it - there's a bus stop that always has 20+ people on a really open road and I always feel obliged!
Old 02 December 2002, 03:26 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

Yup, the other day, booted it hard in first gear past a load of people at the bus stop, was too busy looking at them watching the car in the mirror, almost shoved it into the back of a bus!!!

I must have looked like a right ****!

Paul

[Edited by POC - 2/12/2002 3:27:18 PM]