Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

nasty people on facebook

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2008, 10:25 AM
scoobybubbles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nasty people on facebook

I just found an application to play a game on facebook one where you sketch a picture and someone has to guess what you have drawn, i was having fun against some kid in Australia, when a young girl came on under the name of asiangirl and herld loads of abuse at me! i was discusted at the cr4p she came out with , i wasnt sure what to reply!!! does anyone know if peopl like this can be reported on such a site!! they need infractions me thinks!!!!!

angry tracy
Old 10 October 2008, 10:28 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Why bother, put it down to experience and forget it.

The world has bigger problems at the moment

Old 10 October 2008, 10:32 AM
jacrobat
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the internet; full of the sad, mad and dangerous to know and where you can abuse someone without consequence.
Old 10 October 2008, 10:33 AM
tath
Scooby Regular

Would you like me to blow your nose for you and pat you on the head? There, there.
Old 10 October 2008, 10:34 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jacrobat
Welcome to the internet; full of the sad, mad and dangerous to know and where you can abuse someone without consequence.
All true, except for SN, where you can infract such people into oblivion!
Old 10 October 2008, 10:41 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

The Poker rooms on FB are full of them.... mostly kids who are bad losers... I just mute em... problem solved...
Old 10 October 2008, 10:56 AM
scoobybubbles
Scooby Regular

sorry i was just being an idiot, moment of anger i suppose!

and ur right there are far more problems going on in the world and this country at the mo!

can i delete this thread!?
Old 10 October 2008, 11:23 AM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It's not the first time I've heard bad stuff about facebook. People receiving horrible emails, being stalked and the likes of.
Old 10 October 2008, 11:55 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eClaire
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It's not the first time I've heard bad stuff about facebook. People receiving horrible emails, being stalked and the likes of.
Some people are just asking for trouble... putting their mobile numbers and addresses up on there....

A prime location for identity thieft.
Old 10 October 2008, 12:10 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobybubbles
I just found an application to play a game on facebook one where you sketch a picture and someone has to guess what you have drawn, i was having fun against some kid in Australia, when a young girl came on under the name of asiangirl and herld loads of abuse at me! i was discusted at the cr4p she came out with , i wasnt sure what to reply!!! does anyone know if peopl like this can be reported on such a site!! they need infractions me thinks!!!!!

angry tracy
Sounds like fun, where do I sign up I can give as good as I'd get
Old 10 October 2008, 12:20 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

sorry i was just being an idiot, moment of anger i suppose!

and ur right there are far more problems going on in the world and this country at the mo!

can i delete this thread!?
If Facebook has moderators or administrators, complain to them. Too many people go "oh it's just the internet". Well, actually, where are more and more people spending time? T'internet! All very well having a "fight" @ myfootiepub.com but you have to draw the line based on how you use the site.

J.
Old 10 October 2008, 12:27 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scoobybubbles, dont worry about posting, thats what its here for, you cant ignore things because there are more important ones, if it bothered you then whats the problem, the internet is a great thing to hide behind, people have many axes to grind and love to spoil someone elses day.

It offends you as you were doing nothing wrong, just having some innocent fun, my lad goes on "Garys Mod" a Half Life add on thing, I had a go and got the console up and some loser had been calling him horrendous names, he had obviously had a bit of a go back in a half hearted manner but I got it up and this little turd on the other end called me a Mingebag, I explained that I am not "Mingebag", I was Mingebags dad, an IT security expert who had just run a traceroute and had captured his IP number (plus other pseudo IT bollocks) and that I was just pondering what horrific things I could do to his computer, I suggested he install a better firewall as I was rooting through his files and considering deleting them, he then apologised for his language and promptly logged off

The internet is full of them, they occasionally appear in here, pay them no mind.
Old 10 October 2008, 12:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

angry tracy
I know how you must feel, but its not worth losing sleep over really. The world is full of all imaginable types and if you get slagged off by a wrong 'un you can either let them have it back in such a way that they have no answer to it, or you can just ignore it which sometimes annoys them even more.

You should not worry about posting about it here, this is what a forum is for.

Les
Old 10 October 2008, 12:37 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

angry tracy
Maybe she was upset at the spelling and the txt spk
Astraboy.
Old 10 October 2008, 12:39 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Just tell them to keep talking as the abuse makes you horny.
Old 10 October 2008, 12:49 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, don't let them get you down, t'interweb w@nkers. Empowerment by anonamously abusing people, they must live really fulfilled lives .
There are loads of 'report abuse' etc. links on fb and I'm sure there must be a way of reporting a user to the admin or sommat. Look in the t&c's and guidelines if it's peeved/upset you enough. If people think they can get away with it then they will continue. They're just cowards.
Old 10 October 2008, 01:06 PM
scoobybubbles
Scooby Regular

Thankyou for your kind words ... When I tried to give a little back it really didn't get me anywhere! Even when I said she should be tied to a stake and burned! nasty nasty girl!

And she said I was FAT!!!

Anyway Im off to get the car cleaned ready for my MK meet on Sunday, hopefully that will cheer me up!!!

Tracy x

ps I hope my spelling was better this time astroboy!!!
Old 10 October 2008, 01:33 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

LOL @ "it" calling you fat, and you wishing "it" to be tied and burnt!

Bubbly Tracy, Facebook seems to take one back to the playground days, by the sound of it. Anyhoo, report the nasty character to the Facebook Admin Must say that the more you surf the net, more you stumble over allsorts LOL. Just kick them outta yer way

Easy

Last edited by Turbohot; 10 October 2008 at 01:36 PM.