Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Filling a form in ...

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2008, 10:26 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Filling a form in ...

Filled in two section on a disclosure that I should of left blank .. got a bit carried away

Big booklet that came with it telling I dont need to bother with two sections and I missed it ...

Interview is Wednesday .. would you request another form.. or just pass the overly completed one in.
Old 13 September 2008, 10:30 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife did EXACTLY the same. She filled in two extra sections on the CRB disclosure form. She just sent it in with "Entered in Error" at the top of the sections (a nod to RAF form convention) and the CRB certificate came back on Friday!
Old 13 September 2008, 11:16 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I have to pass mine to the potential employer ...

I have to phone on Monday to confirm I will attend interview.. do you think I should say the form was damaged in the post and request another one ?
Old 13 September 2008, 11:25 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either be honest, and say you fooked up. I personally think honesty should go a long way, but that's not always how it works.

Rather than say it got damaged in the post, could you not just say it hasn't actually arrived? If the information re confirming you will go to the interview was in with the form, then if you are worried your mistake will go against you, yes, just say it has been damaged and you need a new form, or ask if it's possible to even fill one out on the day.

Whatever happens, good luck.
Old 13 September 2008, 11:29 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Thanks, I have to do a psychometric test too ...
Old 14 September 2008, 10:03 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Yeah, hold your hands up. Either they will be happy to take the original form, or you can always transfer the details to a new one there and then.
Old 14 September 2008, 01:49 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Why don't you just put a thin ruled line through the bits that you have incorrectly completed?

I expect a lot of people do this and then forget to actually sign the damn thing dl
Old 14 September 2008, 02:19 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Why don't you just put a thin ruled line through the bits that you have incorrectly completed?

I expect a lot of people do this and then forget to actually sign the damn thing dl

I have ... its one section and I signed a box I didnt need to ...

I just dont want them to think oh he cant even fill in a form .. althought its quite clear I cant
Old 14 September 2008, 04:37 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

i did the same thing on my CRB form and did another one and discretly shredded the original lol.

Be honest, take the form in as if you need to fill another one in have a giggle about it, and get the job

good luck, it'll give them something to wind you up about when you start with them.
Old 14 September 2008, 04:39 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
i did the same thing on my CRB form and did another one and discretly shredded the original lol.

Be honest, take the form in as if you need to fill another one in have a giggle about it, and get the job

good luck, it'll give them something to wind you up about when you start with them.
They wanted it filled in before to save time .. I'll offer to collect another one to save their postage
Old 14 September 2008, 08:34 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

It is quite common for people to fill in section E and F and then realise they don't have too, it doesn't matter as I just send them off anyway.

And where there are 2 boxes for signatures, where only one really has to be signed (I think from memory), I have only ever had one person come and point out to me that only one needs to be signed, I have been checking and sending these forms off for a while and never realised that.

I wouldn't worry to much.

Tracey
Old 14 September 2008, 08:38 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72

I am surprised they didn't notice it was not the original they gave you, as we have to keep a close eye on these forms, I have to record the number on the CRB and who I give it to. If it is spoiled or completed wrongly, I have to record that.
Old 14 September 2008, 09:17 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

they probably did as it was all dealt with internally at our head office and sent from there, I was given the new form by the person responsible for the initial check and who sends the form off, so all was ok, plus I have my clearance back and all is well
Old 14 September 2008, 10:46 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PAS
I am surprised they didn't notice it was not the original they gave you, as we have to keep a close eye on these forms, I have to record the number on the CRB and who I give it to. If it is spoiled or completed wrongly, I have to record that.
Mine is damaged ... I can only ask .. they might say no bring the damaged one in .. they might not.

Do you think it would cause them not to give me a position??
Old 14 September 2008, 10:59 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Thanks, I have to do a psychometric test too ...

I did one of them when I was off sick due to stress and it came back saying i was working under severe stress.

Nice to know i wasn't lying. Mind you the fairly public nervous breakdown in the office was a bit of a giveaway!
Old 15 September 2008, 10:28 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
I did one of them when I was off sick due to stress and it came back saying i was working under severe stress.

Nice to know i wasn't lying. Mind you the fairly public nervous breakdown in the office was a bit of a giveaway!

So you think a job interview one will be personality based rather than an intelligence test ?
Old 15 September 2008, 12:44 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Spoke to their HR dep and she said just fill one in when your there ... you only need it if your offered the job anyway ...
Old 16 September 2008, 05:29 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

Mine is damaged ... I can only ask .. they might say no bring the damaged one in .. they might not.

Do you think it would cause them not to give me a position??
If it is damaged, that's ok, depending how badly they will probably just give you another one. In my case I have to keep a log and careful watch on all the ones I give out, it might not be like that in other places.

No I don't think it would give them cause not to give you the position. Plenty of people make mistakes on these forms, I don't take any notice, we all do it all the time.

Good luck

Tracey
Old 16 September 2008, 06:18 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

So you think a job interview one will be personality based rather than an intelligence test ?

ALL interviews are personality based, to think otherwise is fallacious. I interviewed a guy week before last and to be frank before the interview started I knew he wasn't going to get the job.

I walked through reception and glanced across at him, smiled (friendly like) on the way to go and prep the interview room and he looked at me like I was some kind of pond life. Seriously, if you could've seen the look. Mind you, his face when I walked into the interview room...

Saying that - the technical side of the interview didn't too well either, but we always prefer people who fit in, and can learn rather than techno-geeks with the personality of a slug.