Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Home Office - more screw-ups, more feckwits, more excuses...

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2008, 04:31 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home Office - more screw-ups, more feckwits, more excuses...

Just brilliant,

and what does the govt stooge say - they have an encrypted chip that will need encoding to use then.

OK then we are safe because you just know that terrorists and organised crime will not have access to the technology, software and talent to get the chips sorted. - Who are they kidding - only themselves.
Now if i was a cynic i might surmise that this is all part of the Labour plan to discredit passports and enforce a id card on us...

and the icing on the cake from the deputy leader of the ****-you-labour party stated that
But the deputy leader of the governing Labour Party did not think it "necessarily shows a sloppy attitude".

It is like reading the Daily Mash - LMFAO

Lets hope that this screw up does not lead to terrorists or more drugs/guns/scum getting into this countrty that the Home Office and Labour care so little about

Hijackers nab thousands of blank British passports - Yahoo! News UK

LONDON (AFP) - Hijackers made off with boxes of blank British passports worth a fortune on the black market in a raid on a delivery van, police said Tuesday.

Detectives said the 24 boxes of about 3,000 passports and visa documents, destined for British embassies around the world, were worth some 2.5 million pounds .

The theft occurred when the van driver stopped to buy a newspaper in Oldham, north Manchester.

The raider jumped in the van and assaulted a second delivery man in the passenger seat before speeding off onto an unmarked road.

The robber then ran off, and when the second delivery man felt safe enough, he checked the van and found that several boxes had been stolen.

"The actual value of the passports themselves is around 2.5 million pounds," said Detective Chief Inspector Bill McGreavy, adding that he had no significant information to suggest it was a targeted theft.

"The commodity stolen is unusual. Whether the commodity was the intended items I don't know," he said. "The offenders in this incident have not taken all the items from the van. They've not cleared the van out."

He said detectives were hunting at least two suspects. "The passenger has told us that both doors were opened simultaneously so I think there was a minimum of two offenders."

The van was being forensically examined, he added.

The passports were "very secure" as they contained a micro-chip which can be encrypted, he said.

Cabinet minister Harriet Harman, filling in while Prime Minister Gordon Brown is on holiday, called it a "serious crime".

But the deputy leader of the governing Labour Party did not think it "necessarily shows a sloppy attitude".

Last edited by The Zohan; 29 July 2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 29 July 2008, 05:24 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Lets face it, its not the most intelligent place to stop for the Sun and a can of coke, 20 yards from the entrance to the passport printing place. And in Chadderton too !! I am surprised they didnt take the wheels off the van....
Old 29 July 2008, 06:20 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

predictable incompetence from the home office. predictably dishonest, dissembling and deluded reaction from hattie 'i'd be dangerous if i had a brain' harperson. one assumes that jacqui 'because i'm a cabbage patch doll' smith was indisposed and unable to comment on yet another home office f**k up as she's re-sitting her SATS.

useless. hang 'em high.
Old 29 July 2008, 06:48 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Just brilliant,

and what does the govt stooge say - they have an encrypted chip that will need encoding to use then.

OK then we are safe because you just know that terrorists and organised crime will not have access to the technology, software and talent to get the chips sorted. - Who are they kidding - only themselves.
Now if i was a cynic i might surmise that this is all part of the Labour plan to discredit passports and enforce a id card on us...

and the icing on the cake from the deputy leader of the ****-you-labour party stated that

It is like reading the Daily Mash - LMFAO

Lets hope that this screw up does not lead to terrorists or more drugs/guns/scum getting into this countrty that the Home Office and Labour care so little about

Hijackers nab thousands of blank British passports - Yahoo! News UK

LONDON (AFP) - Hijackers made off with boxes of blank British passports worth a fortune on the black market in a raid on a delivery van, police said Tuesday.

Detectives said the 24 boxes of about 3,000 passports and visa documents, destined for British embassies around the world, were worth some 2.5 million pounds .

The theft occurred when the van driver stopped to buy a newspaper in Oldham, north Manchester.

The raider jumped in the van and assaulted a second delivery man in the passenger seat before speeding off onto an unmarked road.

The robber then ran off, and when the second delivery man felt safe enough, he checked the van and found that several boxes had been stolen.

"The actual value of the passports themselves is around 2.5 million pounds," said Detective Chief Inspector Bill McGreavy, adding that he had no significant information to suggest it was a targeted theft.

"The commodity stolen is unusual. Whether the commodity was the intended items I don't know," he said. "The offenders in this incident have not taken all the items from the van. They've not cleared the van out."

He said detectives were hunting at least two suspects. "The passenger has told us that both doors were opened simultaneously so I think there was a minimum of two offenders."

The van was being forensically examined, he added.

The passports were "very secure" as they contained a micro-chip which can be encrypted, he said.

Cabinet minister Harriet Harman, filling in while Prime Minister Gordon Brown is on holiday, called it a "serious crime".

Hi Paul

Do something different; start a thread in support of something the government has done...go on, you know you want to
Old 29 July 2008, 06:50 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Talking What crap ...

Originally Posted by Detective Chief Inspector Bill McGreavy
"The passenger has told us that both doors were opened simultaneously so I think there was a minimum of two offenders."
NSS . Or one offender with long arms

So if the passports are "very secure" and virtually useless, what makes them worth "2.5 million pounds". For 3000 passports thats near enough £1000/passport. You are joking. They are going to sell these to us for £100 each, what a bargain
Old 29 July 2008, 07:07 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Hi Paul

Do something different; start a thread in support of something the government has done...go on, you know you want to
I would if i could - i did fully support handing over control to Eddie George/BoE and that seems to have been one of the fewy things they have got right for some time.

Martin, you do not have to look hard to spot the ****-ups, sticking plasters ans soundbite fix-alls Labour have used to bodge and muddle ther way through do you.

I am sure that i will say the same when Camoron and the Tories get in - i really hope not anywhere near as much.
Old 29 July 2008, 10:12 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedking
So if the passports are "very secure" and virtually useless, what makes them worth "2.5 million pounds"
Blank robbers swipe 3,000 'fraud-proof' UK passports | The Register
Old 29 July 2008, 10:37 PM
catalunyadave
Scooby Regular

this labour party couldnt run a bath let alone this country
Old 30 July 2008, 03:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Hi Paul

I just find it very difficult to think of something really worthwhile that they have achieved for the good of the people of this country. Lots of soundbites and great initiatives which sound great but never seem to come to anything.

I think this lot would find it difficult to tell the truth even if it profited them to do so! It is just not part of their mantra.

Les