Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Good news - Mosely wins court case

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2008, 02:43 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good news - Mosely wins court case

I'm no fan of Max Mosely, but I;m even less of a fan of the News (sic) of the World.

BBC NEWS | UK | Mosley wins court case over orgy

If only more people were in a position to sue when that joke of a paper prints out and out lies about people.
Old 24 July 2008, 02:46 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

If I had one bullet and both Max Mosley and Robert Mugabe in the same room, I'd have trouble choosing which one to off.

Hopefully next time a better executed conspiracy will get rid of him.
Old 24 July 2008, 03:18 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Can someone explain?

A lot seems to rest on whether it was **** themed. What difference does that make?

Say it was - would that have given News of the Screws the right to publish the story? dl
Old 24 July 2008, 03:22 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
If I had one bullet and both Max Mosley and Robert Mugabe in the same room, I'd have trouble choosing which one to off.

Line them up in front of each other against a wall, job done. However make sure you're not accused of renacting a **** scene or anything
Old 24 July 2008, 03:27 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Not sure i could compare the two
Muugabe who has been rersponsible fo the deaths of 1000's of his own people - a genocial vile POS

Mosely - an unlikable **** who got caught porking a prossie whilst playinmg dress-up

Mugabe would get the bullet.

As for huim winning - Good - perhaps finally teach the pres a lesson.

I hope Max Von Moseley spends it all on ****** and fancy dress!
Old 24 July 2008, 05:20 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought the news of the world were done for infringements of EU Privacy laws. There were no punitive damages awarded so I guess they decided there was no libel.

Difficult to comment as I got the news from the BBC and don't actually read NOTW LOL

Shaun
Old 24 July 2008, 07:43 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

As midlife says - another triumph for EU laws that our Parliament didnt debate, vote on or elected to pass. This case simply illustrates who now makes the law in the UK
Old 24 July 2008, 07:52 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Can someone explain?

A lot seems to rest on whether it was **** themed. What difference does that make?

Say it was - would that have given News of the Screws the right to publish the story? dl
The **** themed angle was used by NOTW to justify the public interest angle, without it (as the judge has ruled) then it's just publicising some dirty old pervert's bedroom antics (and therefore infringing his right to privacy) which as some **** (read: guest expert) on Radio 5 claimed today 40% of us do (S&M that is) at some time in our lives. I expect I'll remain in the other 60% with no regrets.
I can't understand why anyone would think it's good news he won the case. He got caught out this time, but do you think this is the worst he's got up to? My hunch would be no, but either way if he were a politician or executive of a large corporation relying on public image, then he'd be long gone by now.
It's only his cronies in the F.I.A. that have kept him in a job, and in my opinion and a lot of those that have to deal with him on a professional level, he is morally corrupt and should be out.
Keep watching, he'll be suing for libel next!
Kevin
Old 24 July 2008, 07:58 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by c_maguire
The **** themed angle was used by NOTW to justify the public interest angle, without it (as the judge has ruled) then it's just publicising some dirty old pervert's bedroom antics (and therefore infringing his right to privacy) which as some **** (read: guest expert) on Radio 5 claimed today 40% of us do (S&M that is) at some time in our lives. I expect I'll remain in the other 60% with no regrets.
I can't understand why anyone would think it's good news he won the case. He got caught out this time, but do you think this is the worst he's got up to? My hunch would be no, but either way if he were a politician or executive of a large corporation relying on public image, then he'd be long gone by now.
It's only his cronies in the F.I.A. that have kept him in a job, and in my opinion and a lot of those that have to deal with him on a professional level, he is morally corrupt and should be out.
Keep watching, he'll be suing for libel next!
Kevin
OK thanks for that. It's roughly what I thought but I still don't quite see the fine line between adding a bit of **** stuff which then makes it "public interest". I reckon that more went on but NoW couldn't prove it.

Nasty piece of s,hit though, allegedly, as was his dad, and I doubt he will last. dl
Old 24 July 2008, 08:05 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Good result all round I'd say

OK the News of the World gets slap on the wrist although the costs incurred are probably far exceeded by the resultant sales increase

But the damage is already done, nobody is going to forget that Mosely is a dirty old pervert in a hurry, are they
Old 24 July 2008, 08:37 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Good result all round I'd say

OK the News of the World gets slap on the wrist although the costs incurred are probably far exceeded by the resultant sales increase

But the damage is already done, nobody is going to forget that Mosely is a dirty old pervert in a hurry, are they
Bout right I'd say!
Old 25 July 2008, 04:44 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

You forgot the third bullet for the editor of the News of the World!

Les