Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

railtrack dickheads

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2008, 05:26 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default railtrack *********

my g/f's place backs onto railway lines and i was woken at 330 this morning by pnumatic drills going hell for leather. They are still going now and i can't get to sleep for love nor money!
Ffs this is a residential area, who's bright idea was it to do this on a weeknight?
I'm gonna be exhausted today.
I feel a stroppy email coming on. I'm going to entitle it
*****!
Astraboy.
Old 10 July 2008, 07:46 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

well as long as your g/f wasnt woken up by some pneumatic drilling at 3.30 a.m
Old 10 July 2008, 09:06 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by astraboy
my g/f's place backs onto railway lines and i was woken at 330 this morning by pnumatic drills going hell for leather. They are still going now and i can't get to sleep for love nor money!
Ffs this is a residential area, who's bright idea was it to do this on a weeknight?
I'm gonna be exhausted today.
I feel a stroppy email coming on. I'm going to entitle it
*****!
Astraboy.
OK, so their choice is LOADS of complaints if they work during the day when rail services are required and would be disrupted, or a few from disgruntled householders............

Alcazar
Old 10 July 2008, 09:18 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Comes with the territory I reckon
Old 10 July 2008, 09:21 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Astraboy would buy a house under a flightpath and then complain about the planes???
Old 10 July 2008, 10:26 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Astraboy would buy a house under a flightpath and then complain about the planes???
I've lived under the flightpath for guite a few years without complaint, what i'm asking is what was so important that it couldn't wait two evenings till the weekend.
In fact, thats what i have asked, i'm awaiting their reply with interest.
Astraboy.
Old 10 July 2008, 10:58 AM
idf101
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would suspect that this work is classed as emergency in respect of repairs that need to be carried out ASAP, and once the service is finished there is only a small amount of time to work once the nessacary isolations and protection have been put in place.
Most planned work is carried out at the week-ends if possible so the maintanance teams will be booked to work elsewhere anyway.
It is a rock and a hard place situation as disruption has to be kept to a minimum or Network rail will then be fined or have to pay compensation to the TOC.
This i fear will occur sometimes as there really is no other efficient way to carry out any required maintaince and after all you would be up in arms if there was a derailment caused by lack of attention.
Old 10 July 2008, 11:31 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

My parents house is in a quiet little spot away from roads but only 250 yards from a single track branch line not far from the village station so anything that does go through is always going pretty slowly and quietly. The last train bumbles through empty just after midnight sometime and the line is then quiet until morning.

Some years ago I was staying there on my own whilst they were away and, although I hate to admit it used to get a bit scared at night It's very, very quiet and very dark being away from roads. It must've been around 2am that I was suddenly woken by this weird and scary noise, it was sort of a 'whump whump' noise and growing louder and louder, I then realised that there were also bright lights dancing around on the ceiling and I lay in bed absolutely terrified. The noise was getting louder and louder and nearer and nearer and in my drowsy half awake state I honestly thought that I was being visited by aliens I was struck rigid by fear! You know what it's like when you're suddenly woken up from a deep sleep and you're still a bit confused.. Anyway the noise continued getting louder and louder and the lights brighter and brighter and I was paralysed by terror and wished my Dad was there so I could scream out to him (I was about 35 at the time ).

Then I heard clanking and the sound of male voices and realised that I wasn't in fact about to get abducted by aliens, but rather it something going on on the railway. I bravely got up and peeked out of the window and through the trees saw a big contraption thingy with lots of very bright lights on the track making a 'whump whump clang' sound and lots of men in dayglo jackets moving around. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or check myself in to the local psychiatric ward

Anyway, astraboy, I share your pain
Old 10 July 2008, 11:36 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

* last entry in SC diary *

I had just slumped in bed after polishing off the last remaining bottle of JD in the house when I got awoken by bright lights and wump wump noises.
I am all alone (apart from my 221 teddies on my bed) and am a little bit scared. The noises are getting louder and the light is getting brighter....

Old 10 July 2008, 11:38 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I don't 'do' teddies