Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Los Alcazares - Murcia

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2008, 12:12 AM
frsash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Los Alcazares - Murcia

Going on Hols to Los Alcazares which is about 10mins from Murcia airport (Spain) at start of Aug with the wife and 20mth old son for 17 days. I can only do so much beach/pool type stuff until I go insane.
Any ideas on what else there is to do around that area.
Old 10 July 2008, 08:04 AM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

I hate to say this, but Los Alcazares is in the middle of nowhere, the town is all beach/pool and some nightlife. To get anywhere else you are going to need a car, the nearest city is Murcia but its a pretty industrial place rather than touristy. Cartagena is the nearest small town, for shopping and such like.

Murcia airport, is actually miles away from the city. The airport is located in San Javier which is just up the coast from Los Alcazares.
Old 10 July 2008, 11:38 AM
frsash
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info.
I've been before but only for a couple of days (lads golfing trip). Town was well dull (but it way only May). Spent most nights in an Irish bar. Was actually there for St. Pats day and the bar had a country & western singer on - go figure????
Got a hire car - so can travel a few hours, probably gonna be the coolest place to be with the air con on high.
Will prob check out Cartagena. I was trying to think of stuff to do on an evening or with the little one - e.g. Fairs or firework displays.
Old 10 July 2008, 11:58 AM
worley
Scooby Regular

My brother has an appartment not far from the airport, plane spotting seems to be a distraction on the beach. We were there late in the season, so it was quiet.

There is a big tourist info place on the main road between the airport and Los Alcazares, it might be worth getting some ideas ideas from there. We rented some bikes and headed North towards the nature reserves and the Med (better waves than Mar Menor).

Nik