Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parking on white zig-zag line

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2008, 04:11 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking on white zig-zag line

Just witnessed some bonehead park his Vectra plumb on the white zig-zag line of a pelican crossing right next to our local primary school at school leaving time. Some other guy pulled up next to him and politely told him what penalty points and fine to expect if the police were to drive past. Meathead just shrugged his shoulders and said "I'll risk it mate!" and off he wandered. What a selfish tw@t? Right mate don't you worry about the extra risk the kids are now having to take trying to cross the road with your illegally parked car there, you just balance up the risk of getting caught with the extra 20 yards you might have to walk!

He could've have picked any number of empty spaces along the same road. It's all free parking round here.

The sad thing is, I bet he never does get caught, and he'll just keep on doing it until he does.
Old 30 June 2008, 04:14 PM
New_scooby_04

The sad thing is those line are there to protect the kids - it gives them a "safe" zone where drivers have a good view of the kerb so can spot any errand toddlers about the run across the road. If people park on the lines, it completely undermines their effectiveness!
Old 30 June 2008, 04:15 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

There is a crossing around here that is outside a row of shops and the amount of ppl that park there is amazing. they could make a fortune.
Old 30 June 2008, 04:25 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

A copper I know told me that they NEVER let that one go if they see it and aren't otherwise occupied. I see it regularly near me too, and have seen the Plod doing folk for it too. It works both ways though, as the crossing is by a shop but to the far side of an adjoining road, and the pedestrians can't be bothered to walk the 4 yards to the crossing, instead waiting and/or chancing it just off of it to the nearside of the adjoining road If they aren't on the crossing, I aren't stopping
Old 30 June 2008, 04:28 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by corradoboy
If they aren't on the crossing, I aren't stopping
Nicely put!
Old 30 June 2008, 04:32 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phone up the council and say about inconsiderate/illegal parking and ask if a traffic warden could be sent down.
I live near 3 schools within ½ mile and the primary school is just off the main road and the amount of fecking parents parking on double yellow lines/white zig zags was unbelievable.
After the cretins had parked on the lines there was only enough space to get one car going down the road and when you come off the main road to see a swarm of parents and kids opening doors ,running across the road (instead of using the lollipop lady) was pretty scary.
After a few weeks of this i just phoned up the council and every so often they would get a considerable amount of money from fines

you may think 'what a complete *******' but when they park so close to a junction and put their kids at risk i thought **** them.

Ironically the school in qusestion closed down and move in with another one and now has private parking for parents picking up their kids
Old 30 June 2008, 07:40 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

But how can he drive home with two flat tyres?
Old 30 June 2008, 08:05 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
But how can he drive home with two flat tyres?
David, slowly of course you know it'd be dangerous any other way.

HTH.
Old 30 June 2008, 08:50 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

people do this on a crossing near me and it is normally women in 4x4s picking up their kids (sorry kid) while blathering away on the phone . i can see em from my house as i live next to a school
Old 30 June 2008, 11:01 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

At my children's school the only person who parks on the zigzag lines is someone in a 'fire' car (not an engine, but one of their emergency vehicles) whilst he drops his children off.

Steve
Old 01 July 2008, 11:45 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would have had no compunction in shopping him with the safety of the children in mind and also his selfish attitude.

Les