Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mens trousers

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2008, 01:54 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mens trousers

Where shall I start? I am a tall young man and I find that the majority of mens trousers (suit and jeans) seem to be longer in the crouch region which I find horrible and annoying for me when I am shorter between waist and crouch than what seems like 95% of men. Without getting trousers made, can you get trousers that are more 'tighter' in the crouch area at all?

Jeans I am not so concerned about, but suit trousers I am. I am wide, but tall (35" waist so I need to get a 36" trouser with a long leg). I have brought trousers from Debs suit department and the likes to only come away with trousers that fit me poorly.

any recommendations?
Old 30 June 2008, 02:16 PM
jimmyv
Scooby Regular

Only things i can really suggest are try out different shops as fit and cut varies greatly, i know i have a similar problem with work shirts and sleeves being too short, i just needed to shop around.

Second thing is get them taken in somewhere (not sure if that can be done in the crotch region) dont know if you have a Slaters menswear near you but they offer exceelent service including making any alterations to the clothes as needed.

Sorry its not a massive help.
Old 30 June 2008, 02:29 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Not sure that as a bloke you want to admit that your trousers need 'taking in' in the crotch area ........

Dave
I was just thinking this.
Old 30 June 2008, 02:41 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

If you can dance like MC Hammer then surely there is a silver lining to this predicament
Old 30 June 2008, 03:03 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean with the pleated style trouser that gathered around the crotch and made you look like you had a terminal condition when sitting down, but I wear a 36" leg and more and more stores have suitably 'no fuss' suits and trousers that look fine.

I bought a couple of suits recently from an independent shop in a town centre and for very little more money they made them to measure too. Maybe go into a shop and ask.
Old 30 June 2008, 03:13 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Not sure that as a bloke you want to admit that your trousers need 'taking in' in the crotch area ........

Dave
I am speechless for once
Old 30 June 2008, 03:43 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

& city formal brown striped trousers

have a look around the site, not just for fat blokes either + do your size!
Old 30 June 2008, 07:43 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replys. I am now not sure I should of mentioned this on here, but ha ho, I know you are only bantering

I will ask in shops to see if they will alter the trousers.

I have been into a High and Mighty store in London where I brought long sleeve casual shirt and it just had a long body and rather large in the arms, but was not really long enough in the arms. But luckily, there is a Haws & Curtis and they are perfect for long sleeve shirts, so much so I have about 5 of their shirts. Enough about shirts, now, I am going into MK tomorrow, so I will have a good hunt around and open my mouth.