Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Will my sister take the bait and visit mum?
Yes
27.78%
No
72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Will my sister do the right thing today??

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2008, 10:12 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my sister do the right thing today??

Just some light hearted humour really, but curious and bored lol.

With the grief I have had trying to get my sister to see my ill mother recently, today I have arranged to take my niece and nephew to the theatre this afternoon to see a show. So they will be out of the way for 5-6 hours.

The kids have been my sisters excuse for not coming round, so with them out of the way, will she find the time to spend with mum. She has to come round here to drop them off anyway so......

Oh and her change of heart and coming round daily last week was short lived, as soon as she had her "business" sorted, she has not been seen since.

So, will she today take the opportunity to spend a few hours with mum?

***update.... she came round!

Last edited by Snazy; 15 June 2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 14 June 2008, 10:16 AM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

i hope so
Old 14 June 2008, 10:20 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rik1471
i hope so
I kinda do too, but given her recent displays, hope might not be enough.
2 days ago I called her to ask would she have time to pop in and drop a paper to mum. She said no, she was very busy at work.
An hour later, im home, just taking the dog out for a walk and who should pull up on the other side of the road to see their mate.... Yup my sister.

When I returned an hour later, she had not even popped her head in to see if mum was ok...... Hmmmm

Aaah well, im going to see the show for the 4th time today, with my niece and nephew, so wil make the most of the day eh.
Old 14 June 2008, 11:24 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I read all your other thread too Snazy. You really are having a hard time over it all and you certainly don't deserve all that.

Did you have that very direct face to face with your sister as was suggested? It will probably be the only chance of getting her to accept and to do something about her responsibilities. Its hard to imagine someone being so heartless and selfish about their own parent.

Enjoy the show anyway, you will know all the punch lines by now! If she has not been round to see your mother she deserves to get a good rollicking-between the eyes so to speak!

Les
Old 14 June 2008, 11:50 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I read all your other thread too Snazy. You really are having a hard time over it all and you certainly don't deserve all that.

Did you have that very direct face to face with your sister as was suggested? It will probably be the only chance of getting her to accept and to do something about her responsibilities. Its hard to imagine someone being so heartless and selfish about their own parent.

Enjoy the show anyway, you will know all the punch lines by now! If she has not been round to see your mother she deserves to get a good rollicking-between the eyes so to speak!

Les
Yeah there are definate highs and lows along the road, even for mere spectators like me. But im getting used to knowing when one is coming now, rather than identifying it when im way too low.

Have spoken to her a few times face to face since the other thread, but as expected she just brushes it all off like there is nothing wrong, or that she is doing her best, with the time she has free. This however is not the case.

The other day, even just popping in to see if mum needed anything doing would have been great, but no. Her mate got all her attention.

As for the show, its a fantastic show. None of the performers speak, just dance and a little drama lol.
But there are indeed punchlines which I love. Due to the show being street dance, there are always unexpected things, no 2 shows are the same. And with the cast being as wild as they are, they always have a suprise up their sleeves lol.
Old 14 June 2008, 06:34 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Well shock horror my sister did indeed spend some time with my mum today. Sadly she was with her boyfriend for most of the visit, so there was little chance of any heart to heart talks, but I guess the presence is better than her previous attempts.

She also did some shopping for her too, along with her own, but again, better than before.

The show, amazing as ever, matinee is a slightly different format to the evening show, for the kids etc, but excellent all the same.

Sadly at the end of the day, back at the station my niece while running for the train, dropped her mobile phone (which I pay for) down the side of the train. Carrys a massive bag, but seemingly puts nothing of importance in it.
In the panic, she pushed my nephew back off the train to look for and retrieve the phone.
She was dragged back on the train in a second by me, and told "material object, oh well"

Would not have minded but the beeps were going for the train doors to close, so potentially they could both have been left on the platform!
Old 15 June 2008, 11:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Good to hear about your sister Snazy, hope it is a real change of heart.

Glad the show was good and sorry about the phone. Tell her to save up for another one. Just one of life's little lessons!

Les

Trending Topics

Old 15 June 2008, 12:51 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol no I think uncle Michael is buying the new one! New sim on its way, but she can have a crap phone this time. When its upgraded I will ask her mum if they wanna pay for insurance.

No sign of sister today. Lets see how next week goes. Its under 2 weeks til I go away now, so want her to get into a routine of coming round daily and seeing mum..... fingers crossed eh
Old 15 June 2008, 10:44 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WoW!! iv'e just spent the last hour reading your other thread, and what an emotional roller coaster it is, i was hit with the cancer bombshell with both my parents in the last 3 years, both thankfully are in remission at the moment. And i must say im not looking forward to going through what you are currently going through at all, infact the death of my parents scares me more than my own.. The point i really want to make is that you are obviously a very strong person mentally and i feel compelled to congratulate you on you ability to deal with what is an extreemly difficult situation, you are able to articulate you fellings better than most, which is part of my main point with regard to your sister, dont think that as some have suggested she is selfish, i think its more likely that she as you said in one of your posts is having a real difficulty as im sure you are in dealing with the situation, some people just cant deal with the reality of somthing like this. I know that doesnt make it any easier for you and you would like you sister to take more of the responsibility for looking after or just spending some time with your mother. i think the reason she is avoiding it is much the same as your mother maybe just maybe if they ignore it it will go away. the problem is that if they face the problem and admit defeat there is no hope and the overwhelming tide of emotion would consume all concerned, and i suspect that for mother and daughter alike it is the fear of this that keeps both from doing what others around them would wish them to do. i hope this makes sense as my intention is somehow to try and help you understand in you moments of dispare that some are born emotional warriors and others arnt and weather or not you believe that in you darkest moments you sir most definatley ARE!
Old 15 June 2008, 11:03 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
WoW!! iv'e just spent the last hour reading your other thread, and what an emotional roller coaster it is, i was hit with the cancer bombshell with both my parents in the last 3 years, both thankfully are in remission at the moment. And i must say im not looking forward to going through what you are currently going through at all, infact the death of my parents scares me more than my own.. The point i really want to make is that you are obviously a very strong person mentally and i feel compelled to congratulate you on you ability to deal with what is an extreemly difficult situation, you are able to articulate you fellings better than most, which is part of my main point with regard to your sister, dont think that as some have suggested she is selfish, i think its more likely that she as you said in one of your posts is having a real difficulty as im sure you are in dealing with the situation, some people just cant deal with the reality of somthing like this. I know that doesnt make it any easier for you and you would like you sister to take more of the responsibility for looking after or just spending some time with your mother. i think the reason she is avoiding it is much the same as your mother maybe just maybe if they ignore it it will go away. the problem is that if they face the problem and admit defeat there is no hope and the overwhelming tide of emotion would consume all concerned, and i suspect that for mother and daughter alike it is the fear of this that keeps both from doing what others around them would wish them to do. i hope this makes sense as my intention is somehow to try and help you understand in you moments of dispare that some are born emotional warriors and others arnt and weather or not you believe that in you darkest moments you sir most definatley ARE!
If this post had paragraphs - it would be one of my favourite posts on this site.

and being serious - I love the emotion you've put into this.

I've read this through several times now and am so.... well... to me what you say articulates exactly how I've felt about the situation.

I hope you don't feel I'm being patronising - It's not my intention, but thanks for taking the time to post that.
Old 16 June 2008, 09:07 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster

Cant really say much more to that than, thank you for such a direct and passionate post You comments are much appreciated.

Fingers crossed for your parents that cancer leaves them well alone now, and they have happy healthy lives