Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

B&Q Rant!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2008, 08:45 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry B&Q Rant!!!

How can people be so incompetent. Going through the whole new kitchen thing at the moment and yesterday I took the day off work for all the deliveries to arrive as the fitters start next week! The units arrived flat packed on a pallet, great. However, wrong handles and lights sent and this delivery was from a B&Q depot in Hampshire. The B&Q delivery from the store itself which is a 10 minute drive from our house was a no show! Whirlpool delivered the new hob as well as a new fridge freezer which we didn't even order so we told them to take it back! No wall tiles arrived and B&Q can't even find our order! Oh and the delivery from Indesit was a no show also. And not forgetting that the oven we chose hasn't been ordered either! I can't believe how much B&Q have fooked up over everything to do with this! It amazes me how these people have a job and get paid for what they do! and to top it all off the order was checked through by the depratment manager as we wanted everything double checked to make sure nothing was going to go wrong. We also have a "Project Manager" but he has yet to return any of my 4 calls to him over the last 2 days! I am absolutley livid and if I could cancel the whole thing I would! Rant over (for now)!
Old 12 June 2008, 08:51 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You might be able to ..!

Best laid plans and all that . We had b&Q kitchen delivered last year , took 6 weeks to come and they missed off 1 item (which was delivered later ) - otherwise all present and correct .
Old 12 June 2008, 09:24 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

If the order is not delivered by the time they have specified,
send the lot back, as you may now have to wait for the fitters to arrange another installation date if all the units etc are not there for them to do the job with.
Old 12 June 2008, 09:30 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I'm with you mate! Their staff are the rudest people ever! I was down there this weekend and some snotty little toerag came up to me and in some insolent manner says..."You want decking mate!!"

Luckily I'm pretty handy and knocked the lad out before he got in the first punch!
Old 12 June 2008, 09:35 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Old 12 June 2008, 09:37 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I worked for them for 2 summers about 17 years ago when I was a student, they were basically **** then too - I hated working there due to the amount of angry customers I had to deal with on Sundays when the weekday staff had shafted their orders up.

I'd never buy anything expensive from them, just small stuff you can inspect in store and take away with you.
Old 12 June 2008, 09:45 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

If you live in the Midlands: Send it all back and get a kitchen from here Avanti Kitchens and Bedrooms - Fitted Kitchens, Fitted Bedrooms