Just got assultaed on the way to work!

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2001, 09:32 AM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Rant mode ON!!!!!!!!!

Walking out of paddington station at 9.00am this morning walked round back of saint mary's hospital, as I use the bridge to north wharf road. Came up to the hospital and some pillack walking the other way grabs me pins me againt the wall and punches me round the head. I push him away and he walks off.

Still got my wallet, Mobile etc.....Just don't get it, crowded(ish) street, broad daylight WHY ME!!!!!! And why for no apparant reason?

Have not reported it no point, but it just pi$$es me off.

Rant mode OFF
Old 30 October 2001, 09:44 AM
BobaFett
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that, there are some really undesirable people on this planet.
Old 30 October 2001, 09:44 AM
kav
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this mate and glad you're OK but you MUST report this incident. I agree it's highly unlikely that they'll catch the **** who biffed you but the only way the ***** who supposedly run this country will do something about the crime rate is if everything gets flagged. If you don't report it, it'll give the impression crime is on the way down.

Keep smiling.
Cheers
Kav
Old 30 October 2001, 09:45 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear that mate.

I'd report it if I was you - assuming your wallet contained credit cards, driving licence(??) etc.
Old 30 October 2001, 09:48 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Angry

That's awful, what on earth did they do that for? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Hope your head's not too sore
Old 30 October 2001, 10:08 AM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

Look on the bright side - at least he didn't kick you in the nuts

Seriously though, report it to the police, with the number of cctv cameras around they may be able to catch him!
Old 30 October 2001, 10:16 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

He must be reported - next victim may be on the end of a knife, he's clearly a nutter, no one attacks random strangers in their right mind.

Trending Topics

Old 30 October 2001, 10:28 AM
orbv
Scooby Regular

report it!
Old 30 October 2001, 10:39 AM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ok I am convinced I will report it.

Head ache has gone now and I am thinking clearly again.

The world is full of nuts, but why do it and not take anything, sorry the wording was not clear on the other post, he took nothing, did not even ask for it, just walked off.

I did not fight back in any way for two reasons, one I am a wimp, and did not have time to think about it, and secondly he appeared to have a rather manky skin condition on his face and I did not want to catch anything. He really Stank!!!

Thanks for the sympathy, my ear is still quite tender.

RJP
Old 30 October 2001, 10:41 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

That needs reporting!

Its in an area of London where there are a few mental health units and from the sounds of things...this person could well be a patient with a violent mental disorder! Did he smell of drink? And could you give a decent description of the man?

Use this link: http://www.online.police.uk/english/default.asp

Its the PITO (Police Information Technology Organisation) and you can report the crime online. Its protected by the data protection act and a dedicated team will pass details on to officers on today in that area! Its easy to use and you wont need to sit on New Scotland Yards switchboard for an hour.

This sort of offence can lead to something more sinister..so please do report it.

Old 30 October 2001, 10:44 AM
ANDY330
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that but im totally bemused as to why you didnt turn round, drop the c*nt then chuck him over the bridge into the street/thames river

If someone hits you like that, especially in front of people, you make an example of them, i mean, what if he tried to get your car keys? if he had no knife, then hit him, if he does, then give them to him, but next time it could be worse and leave you knocked out etc, so you need some revenge!

report it anyway then go and take your built up rage out on someone
Old 30 October 2001, 10:44 AM
Jim laden
Scooby Newbie

just get a couple of mates together and go past the same place at the same time tomorrow then hope the bloke turns up and give him a good pasting!

To be honest mate i would report it, even if they can do anything now, if he gets caught again doing anything else they will be able to pin this to him aswell.
Old 30 October 2001, 10:47 AM
Jim laden
Scooby Newbie

report it anyway then go and take your built up rage out on someone

Thats what the other bloke was doing its a never ending vicious circle.

Sorry i know it not a laughing matter.
Old 30 October 2001, 10:52 AM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

Angry

If you don't laugh you would cry and I am not much of a wimp.
Old 30 October 2001, 10:57 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Red face

LOL

Turning around and giving someone a pasting in Paddington. Hmmm, dont think its likely if your suited/booted on your way to work...

Often the worst element of attack is suprise, I think Nexaus did the right thing. If this random punter was keen enough to exert physical violence towards him without cause (not even to nick his wallet) then clearly this fella is'nt singing from the same hym sheet as every sane person in the world, so in a roundabout way...failing to retaliate probably could of saved you walking into St Marys with your bowells hanging out

Old 30 October 2001, 11:22 AM
blf21
Scooby Regular

Report it! You never know how the info might be useful.

Ben.
Old 30 October 2001, 11:49 AM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

And I was moaning about someone touching my car, puts things into
perspective really.
Hope your ok

J uk
Old 30 October 2001, 11:49 AM
HamsterWheel
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Report it : the police will probably be able to show you mugshots of the local nutters and identify him. Next person he hits might be someone's Mum or daughter..
Old 30 October 2001, 12:04 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just reported the incident to Mr Plod. This is the end of the conversation after I have told him what has happened.

"Probably a nutter from the mental hospital, but there is nothing I can do if that is the case. We will phone them and see if they have any news, not had any other calls about it this morning. Hope you weren't hurt. Thanks bye...."

"Hang on do you not want my name and a contact no?"

"OH Go on then."

"Name/Phone number"

"Yeah I phone the hospital Later. Bye."

Must have been causing his coffee to get cold. Head ache seams to have come back now that I have reported it.

Don't know what to expect but a little more than HARD LUCK mate.
Did not seam to be paying any attention when I was giving a description.

No wonder things like this happen, you can only get caught for speeding! (Don't want this last comment to start an anti plod argument. but it has pi$$ed me off that they seam to care so little.)

RJP
Old 30 October 2001, 12:32 PM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

The annoying thing I find, is if you fought back and gave him a good kicking and did some damage then YOU would be the one in the wrong.
With the sort of response that you got from the police, is it any wonder that people take matters into their own hands.

I hear that stun guns are quite effective and quiet.

J uk
Old 30 October 2001, 12:37 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

Not one person on the street came to see if I was alright or offer to make a statment to the police. One guys I was walking behind actually said

"Cool. For a minute there I thought he was going to go for me."

He actually said "COOL!!!!!"

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

RJP
Old 30 October 2001, 12:57 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

lets face, chances are he's a local. Suggest taking a day off and hanging around the area to see if he re-appears. If he does follow him until you find out where he lives then gather together some friends.....

second thoughts, better of reporting it and let plod look into it.

Neil
Old 30 October 2001, 02:22 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

I'm with Neil, locate the said nutter, find out where he live and pay him a little visit..... take your friend Mr B.B.Bat and teach the carzy bitch a lesson..... Would love to see the look on his face as you knock on his front door... make sure all his mates see him get a pasting too

Prob not the best way to handle it, but he got you off-guard, do the same to him.....

F8CK HIM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and relax....

Paul
Old 30 October 2001, 03:39 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

The worrying thing is the fact that the police simply cannot respond to this sort of thing anymore. I was speaking to an officer in south London recently who outlined the amount of cover they had for Kennington, Oval and north Brixton at the time (mid pm) and it was two police cars only.Its not exactly a low crime area either. Basically anyone could do whatever robbing they liked and the chances of being caught would be tiny.

You get the feeling that complete anarchy is only prevented by the fact that most peole are decent and not crooks, God help us if the balance shifts...
Old 30 October 2001, 07:39 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Red face

Nex

Sod the law, they are there as a means of collecting more of our hard earned money. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Next time (if) this happens, just give the man the pasting of his life, whether you are suited or not. A quick hit to the nose always does the job, or a boot to the *****.

In this day and age you may as well stand up for yourself, as no-one else will, including the law. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

DW

Sorry Ron
Old 30 October 2001, 09:01 PM
Luke
BANNED

Its all down to who has control of the situation......
I would not go looking for him,bad move.Sure report it to the Police,for what its worth....
leave revenge for bigger and worse events.Then leave it for over a year.... Remember Control the situation.And a man with the "Mist" has little control.
Old 31 October 2001, 01:33 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Red face

Hiya m8 what a w4nker! ive seen this happen before! think you did the rightt thing unless your particulary handy with the old fists. you dont know if he had a knife? and if he was o drugs can make it difficult to keep him down unless you knock emm out! remember one brawl outside a club and this geezer took a absolute battering and no matter what happened he got back up, not in his right mind! if that person had a knife thhat would of been it i think? so your lucky to be on the bbs and not i hospital on life support! you did the right thing. if you see him crossing road ever run the **** over!
Old 31 October 2001, 07:35 AM
Rebecca
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Hope you're OK now.

I'm glad you reported it too. I guess that with the high state of alert that London's in at the moment I'm afraid that that kind of response is to be expected. But at least now as mentioned before, because it's been reported it all adds to the crime figures and can't be ignored in the end.