Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Tories old values

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2008, 07:37 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tories old values

I am glad to see the tories have not dropped all their old ways.

Who would believe having to fund your nanny from Tax payers or keep your company afloat, send them euro's.

Wonder what spin ol Cameron will put on it. Maybe he will leave his jacket on for that speech.
Old 09 June 2008, 07:44 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Starting a thread not presenting the Tories in a positve light... That's a paddling.

Making mention of old Tory ways... That's a paddling.

Having a go at Cameron.... oooh you better beleive that's a paddling.
Old 09 June 2008, 07:52 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

I am waiting for ol cameron to make himself a hanky hat and look like alf garnet or monty python Itssssssssssss
Old 09 June 2008, 07:52 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

In fairness, I haven't seen him defending them either. Telling them to f-off seems to be the order of the day.

I dont care which party they are from each time, as long as they quit and stop theivin, thats all good for me.
Old 09 June 2008, 08:04 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
When did Flash mention that option for Nu Labia types doing the same and a lot worse????

Dave
I think he got the tory flunky sitting in mayor seat to try that. How many bottles of wine was it.
Old 10 June 2008, 08:59 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Stand in teacher.... great episode PB lol

May parents were die hard Labour voters.... but not anymore......
Even they are amazed at the amount of unchecked sleaze in that party.
All parties have their darker elements but at least the Tories resign or get sacked.... labour just let them get away with it
Old 10 June 2008, 09:38 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I cant think of anything better politically than "old tory ways"... This country needs an entire cabinet of Tebbits to take care of the liberal namby pamby state in which we all suffer today...
Old 10 June 2008, 09:46 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bram

Who would believe having to fund your nanny from Tax payers or keep your company afloat, send them euro's.

Wonder what spin ol Cameron will put on it. Maybe he will leave his jacket on for that speech.
Wasn't this 10 years ago though????

She paid her nanny out of Government expenses for 1 year. She was then told it didn't look good, so paid her nanny out of her own pocket, and hired a secretary through the expense scheme.

This was 10 years ago !!!

If this is the best New Labour can jump on to.........
Old 10 June 2008, 12:41 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by PeteBrant

Starting a thread not presenting the Tories in a positve light... That's a paddling.

Making mention of old Tory ways... That's a paddling.

Having a go at Cameron.... oooh you better beleive that's a paddling.
Paddling a canoe.......
Old 10 June 2008, 02:48 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If the Tories were in their first years of a new dictatorship you can bet your life Cameroon wouldnt have much to say about it at all ...!
Old 10 June 2008, 02:51 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

As others have said, much is blown out of proportion and the real offenders will be kicked out. Under NL, Brazilian boy butt ******** like Mandelson were promoted to the Euro parliament after multiple offences.

Labour is dead, long live the Tories
Old 10 June 2008, 02:56 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

What spin do you put on the fact that in England we pay extra tax to subsidise the Scots?
Old 10 June 2008, 03:10 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
What spin do you put on the fact that in England we pay extra tax to subsidise the Scots?
What spin do you put on the fact that tax bills of workers in the city of London susidise, say, The North.

Taking it even further, what spin do you put on the fact that I pay more tax than you, for example.

Tax revenue is for the UK. It is inevitable that certain areas that happen to pay more than others.
Old 10 June 2008, 03:12 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

The sleaze thing never bothers me as much as Chemical Ali type denials by government and Labours nannying.
Old 10 June 2008, 03:18 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

What spin do you put on the fact that tax bills of workers in the city of London susidise, say, The North.

Taking it even further, what spin do you put on the fact that I pay more tax than you, for example.

Tax revenue is for the UK. It is inevitable that certain areas that happen to pay more than others.
You miss my point or I have not been clear. There is more money spent per Scot on healthcare, education etc than per English person. There are also other perks like free social care for the elderly in Scotland that we don't have south of the border. There is NO spin that can be put on that, its daylight fecking robbery. That git Gordon Brown obviously is very happy with that.
Old 10 June 2008, 03:28 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

You miss my point or I have not been clear. There is more money spent per Scot on healthcare, education etc than per English person.
English should be pleased, then, surely, as this means that we are , in general a Healthier bunch

Indeed the Life expectancy in England is 77.2 for men and 81.5 for women, compared to 74.6 and 79.6 respectively for Scotland.

At the end of the the amount of money Scotland gets is calculated on the Barnett formula. How Scotland spends that money, is up to it. If Scotland decides to spend more per patient than the England, then good for them.

There will be sacrifices made in other areas in order to cater for this, but Scotland have obviously decided health care is a priority.

. There are also other perks like free social care for the elderly in Scotland that we don't have south of the border. There is NO spin that can be put on that, its daylight fecking robbery. That git Gordon Brown obviously is very happy with that.
Again, that is down to the Scottish parliament deciding how to spend thier money.

It has nothing to do with daylight robbery, it is a set of policy choices that Scotland has made, and good luck to them.
Old 10 June 2008, 03:54 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Eh?

How do you work that one out? Opp North, we pay taxes just like everyone else. Inner London probably has more squaller & benefit claimants than anywhere else.

In fact, it was on e the Politics show just the other week. North East Council tax rates, are some of the highest in the country.
Old 10 June 2008, 04:23 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Eh?

How do you work that one out? Opp North, we pay taxes just like everyone else. Inner London probably has more squaller & benefit claimants than anywhere else.

In fact, it was on e the Politics show just the other week. North East Council tax rates, are some of the highest in the country.
The city of London accounts for 13% of national GDP, which proportionally, is a massive amount. But agreed, inner city london (and some suburbs) have quite large expediture

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was that it doesn't matter who pays more or less tax. You are always going to have areas paying more than others. That doesn't means it's not "fair".
Old 10 June 2008, 07:27 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

[quote=PeteBrant;7932173]English should be pleased, then, surely, as this means that we are , in general a Healthier bunch

Indeed the Life expectancy in England is 77.2 for men and 81.5 for women, compared to 74.6 and 79.6 respectively for Scotland.

At the end of the the amount of money Scotland gets is calculated on the Barnett formula. How Scotland spends that money, is up to it. If Scotland decides to spend more per patient than the England, then good for them.

Thats all true, but Mr Singh forgot to mention the the oil that paid for Maggies tax cuts and propping up the pound and any other Lodon based govt after her. I don't see oil derricks in Clapham but you did not complain when that monies went South

It all could have been more wisely spent and what about the next thirty years of oil they feel is out their. Will any London based government do any better, they think of propping up their own faults first Tory or Labour.

I think Mr Singh is missing the point concerning how Scotland do with there megre tax back. Least we aim to try and improve our elderly and those more unfortunate. But again we did give the world the wealth of nations. Next election the Tories will be out of seats, Labour just also rans and liberals, ye what about liberals the great party of non hopers their title says it all, least in Scotland at least we may have a change its working great just now and nothing the Tories or Labour can do about it They missed that boat last election north of the border.
Old 10 June 2008, 09:51 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Eh?

Did'nt you know London is a little country of its own who want everything for themselves?
Lucky for us, Mr Brown will make sure they don't get it the way they want it
Old 11 June 2008, 03:34 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Would I be right in thinking that you are "dyed in the wool" Labour and totally biased against the Conservatives?

I am not necessarily a Conservative supporter however so don't try to throw that one at me!

How would you feel if the £1500 or so that you all get in Scotland out of English taxes was revoked. Do you really think you have an inalienable right to that and also that the Scottish MP's can vote on English affairs but not the other way round. Are you able to justify this? I would welcome a bit of daylight on the West Lothian question. Non of our vaunted leaders seem to want to explain it to us.

Les
Old 11 June 2008, 04:35 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

English should be pleased, then, surely, as this means that we are , in general a Healthier bunch

You never know, if the Scots tried cooking their food in something other than a deep fat fryer, their average life expectancy might even increase