Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Maldives, Meeru Island - Anybody been????

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2008, 08:16 PM
Midnight Runner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Maldives, Meeru Island - Anybody been????

Getting Married two weeks today to my lovely lady then off to the Maldives for my honeymoon, more specifically Meeru Island. Can't wait, was just wondering if anybody on here has been before and what they thought about the place.

Cheers people

Paul
Old 07 June 2008, 10:03 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Never been there mate but all the islands are great............
Old 07 June 2008, 10:31 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Spent my honeymoon there last september.

Boat ride takes a an hour (and can be a fun ).

There's sweet FA to do on the island and all-inclusive is a bit of a con if you're going that route.

Having said that the island is lovely and you'll never get tired of the turqouise seas. Recommendation is the Asian Wok - a great eating experience.

Don't bother with 'dressy' clothes as you won't need them.

Enjoy yourself.

Phil
Old 08 June 2008, 09:07 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Went there in April 2005 with my ex and was by far the best place Ive travelled to. If you like relaxing then the Maldives is top.

June is into the wetter season but the temps are 30c avg all year around. Its v.close to the Equator so make sure you take high factor sun lotion.

One of the larger islands but still not that overcrowded. I found the newer (at the time) Meeru Village nr the Jacuzzi Water Villas and Water Villas served better quality food and was better furnished.

Asian Wok candelit meal on the beach was very good. Best excursion by far was the Loveboat cruise (tacky name but was brilliant day out) so make sure you book that up quick as limited spaces.

Seaplane is better than boat as get to see a lot more and not so long (did boat trip for Male day trip).

Any other questions let me know and can send you link to my web photos if you want. Im going back to Maldives next Feb but to two different islands for something different and also as wouldnt feel right with new girlfriend - we are going to Kuredu then Komandoo.

Simon

P.S. Meeru has its own UK forums run by a regular visitor. You can find out everything there inc drink prices etc. Although it can spoil some of the suprise element I guess Meeru Island Resort :: Index
Old 08 June 2008, 11:27 AM
Midnight Runner
Scooby Regular

Sounds spot on guys, thanks for the recomendations! Can't wait for the relaxation as I have had a hard year, and just got back from Prague for my stag do which was off the chain so need some chill time

We are going all inclusive now, at first we were going just full board and paying for the drinks but got cold feet over the prices of them, heard they were pretty expensive.

Simon I wouldn't mind a look at your photo's if you could pm me the link as we have only seen the ones from the brochure it would be nice to see some real ones cheers!

Also cheers for the link to the forum.

Quick questions
- heard the currency was US dollars is this true?
- what type of socket adaptors do you need?

Sounds like we have made a good choice

Thanks again
Paul